The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Order of Elijah drops the "Christian" name

+11
grandeped
Hardcore Christian
alldatndensum
sentient 6
Endlessfuneral2003
Temple of Blood
strangerhoncho
Gorship
lhversaw
Blake
d@v!d
15 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Order of Elijah drops the "Christian" name Empty The Order of Elijah drops the "Christian" name

Post by Guest Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:00 pm

The Order of Elijah drops the "Christian" name and in this interview the person being interviewed (lead singer I think) denies a Biblical miracle, where fire was called down from God and the sacrifice was lit.

The statements I'm talking about happen in the first 7 minutes

Back to top Go down

The Order of Elijah drops the "Christian" name Empty Re: The Order of Elijah drops the "Christian" name

Post by d@v!d Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:31 pm

I do get where he's coming from wanting to get away from the Christian scene with it's hypocritical corruption.

Lol 6:30, poor innocent bull.

Doesn't he understand the significance of the sacrificial system?

Innocent for the the guilty. That's what Christ accomplished for us.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

The Order of Elijah drops the "Christian" name Empty Re: The Order of Elijah drops the "Christian" name

Post by Blake Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:49 pm

This doesn't surprise me. Not only have I heard some bad things about his character on tour but he constantly trolls and griefs Christians on facebook. It doesn't surprise me that they are no longer on Rottweiler
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://reanimatedradio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lhversaw Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:20 pm

Shanon is a complete and utter TOOL and there is NOTHING Christian about him.  His idea of Christianity is supporting AND CONDONING SIN, homosexuality, as well as to bash Christians who actually stand up for the bible and truth.  He also denies that Rottweiler didn't want his sorry excuse of a band on the label anymore.  Truth is that there was a disagreement with the label over his LACK OF SOLID THEOLOGY regardless of what he may try to tell you.  While it was mutual Shannon will try to tell you it was all the bands choice and had nothing to do with his theology but that is NOT the truth.

And just the knowledge of the video being about and from The Order Of Elijah is enough to keep me from watching it as the fact is I consider TOE to be SMUT.
lhversaw
lhversaw
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Gorship Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:29 pm

lhversaw wrote:Shanon is a complete and utter TOOL and there is NOTHING Christian about him.  His idea of Christianity is supporting AND CONDONING SIN, homosexuality, as well as to bash Christians who actually stand up for the bible and truth.  He also denies that Rottweiler didn't want his sorry excuse of a band on the label anymore.  Truth is that there was a disagreement with the label over his LACK OF SOLID THEOLOGY regardless of what he may try to tell you.  While it was mutual Shannon will try to tell you it was all the bands choice and had nothing to do with his theology but that is NOT the truth.

And just the knowledge of the video being about and from The Order Of Elijah is enough to keep me from watching it as the fact is I consider TOE to be SMUT.

H-H-H-H-H-H-H-H-OME RUN
Gorship
Gorship
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:43 am

I don't know anything about the guy, but from the interview he sounds like a reasonable enough dude to me.  So they don't want to be called a Christian band because they don't want to sell Jesus.  How heretical!  I daresay Jesus appreciates that.  And tons of Christians don't take all biblical stories literally.  That doesn't give you license to hate them.

Hate, slander, and gossip are actual sins.  Not wanting to be called a Christian band is not. 

Check those planks in your eyes, brothers.

strangerhoncho
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by lhversaw Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:14 am

strangerhoncho wrote:I don't know anything about the guy, but from the interview he sounds like a reasonable enough dude to me.  So they don't want to be called a Christian band because they don't want to sell Jesus.  How heretical!  I daresay Jesus appreciates that.  And tons of Christians don't take all biblical stories literally.  That doesn't give you license to hate them.

Hate, slander, and gossip are actual sins.  Not wanting to be called a Christian band is not. 

I have talked with the dude and his take on the bible is absoluetly not at all acurate.  For example he doesn't believe the God of the OT and the NT are the same.  He views the OT God as evil.  Funny thing is that the bible talks only about one God and not a OT and a NT one.  He doesn't believe that Christ is a part of the OT God.  There are other issues with him as well.   For example he condones sin.  Not just loves on the people who do sin and hate the sin but he actually condones the sin that people are in.  Again that is not biblical.  So he may sound reasonable in a short video etc.  But trust me he is WAY out there and in no way are his views biblical.  They may have some biblical truth to some of them but the whole is just not Christlike at all in any way shape or form.  Not because he doesn't want to be called a Christian band as that has no bearing on the situation at all.  In fact that is quite accurate.  They are NOT in any way a Christian band but rather a secular one with some hints of bible in them all be it not accurate bible hints.
lhversaw
lhversaw
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:10 pm

strangerhoncho wrote:I don't know anything about the guy, but from the interview he sounds like a reasonable enough dude to me.  So they don't want to be called a Christian band because they don't want to sell Jesus.  How heretical!  I daresay Jesus appreciates that.  And tons of Christians don't take all biblical stories literally.  That doesn't give you license to hate them.

Where's the hate? Being disgusted or dismayed by hypocrisy isn't the same as hate.

I never heard of this band until this thread, but it seems like others here have had stake in them and are just expressing their feelings of disappointment. You do realize that from what they are talking about that it goes a whole lot deeper than being upset that the band doesn't want the "Christian" label any more. They are upset by the hypocrisy and the blasphemous attitudes of the singer. How is that hate?
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:16 pm

Funny how all disagreements these days get characterized as hate.  A way to shut down discussion ?
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Endlessfuneral2003 Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:53 pm

Can't dig this music at all...
Endlessfuneral2003
Endlessfuneral2003
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:20 pm

lhversaw wrote:Shanon is a complete and utter TOOL

I think this is an example of what some here are calling " hateful. "

You can object to his beliefs while remaining civil and without getting personal.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:26 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:Funny how all disagreements these days get characterized as hate.  A way to shut down discussion ?

You nailed it, bro.  Either label someone as a hater or as a racist and you can now win any argument.  That is Liberal Logic 101 these days.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:27 pm

The guy is welcomed to believe what he believes. What he says is the typical skeptic stuff. " Christian " is rather loosely thrown around these days anyway. What people around here call " christian " music is pretty vague and wide as well. Seems like the guy still needs to come to a saving faith, but God knows his heart. People can decide whether they want to support his art based on what their priorities are.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:29 pm

I had never heard of this artist until this thread (and after a listen I dont care much for their musical style) but I am on par with pretty much everything he said...Based on this interview I have respect  for this guy and pretty much support and agree with his stance on things...(except I do believe that God  sent down fire...but there are other things in the Bible I dont think are right)

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:30 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
You nailed it, bro.  Either label someone as a hater or as a racist and you can now win any argument.  That is Liberal Logic 101 these days.

Sure. But some people need to gain some wisdom on how to interact with different world views and unbelievers in general.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:32 pm

Sure. But some people need to gain some wisdom on how to interact with different world views and unbelievers in general.

And some people need to be open minded Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:38 pm

sentient 6 wrote:

You can object to his beliefs while remaining civil and without getting personal.
Yes, i guess it could be hateful, but sometimes when the shoe fits...

What do most people have to say about Ritchie Blackmore?
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:49 pm

Savage Amusement wrote:And some people need to be open minded Laughing

The word is tolerant. We should tolerate other views. All views can get a fair hearing and people can decide for themselves. Also, some poeple mistake open mindedness with caving in to the ever changing world views of secularism.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by lhversaw Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:03 pm

sentient 6 wrote:

My response was not meant to be a hateful one but rather one demonstrating that he isn't what he claims nor what some may think he is.  Maybe I should not have used that term but it was not meant in a hateful way.
lhversaw
lhversaw
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:05 pm

d@v!d wrote:

I personally don't think its in the realm of " hate, " but its certainly not tactful.

From what I can tell this guy pretty-much seems like hes an unbeliever. And then, people want to hold him to the same standard that we hold Born Again people too. He probably won't buy any Biblical arguments because the scriptures most likely are not his source of authority. The guy has shown some of the contents of his heart, but if he looked at this thread, I doubt it would help his attitude towards Christians.

....but don't get me wrong...i'm all for confronting his types of objections to the Bible and Christians.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:07 pm

lhversaw wrote:
My response was not meant to be a hateful one but rather one demonstrating that he isn't what he claims nor what some may think he is.  Maybe I should not have used that term but it was not meant in a hateful way.

I understand. When passion is involved...we can say the right things in the wrong way.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:34 am

Some time ago on Facebook when they were posting about Kim Davis and saying screw her and her hating on gays and stuff I was part of a heated discussion calling them out.

After that I decided I would not support any of their new music, so this just helps cement my decision.
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:23 am

d@v!d wrote:
sentient 6 wrote:

Larry's comment may have come off as hateful but I have to say he is right. When the band first came on the scene I thought they were pretty good, I even interviewed them, but it seems after they released their album with Rottweiler Shannon started posting trollbait for Christians on facebook everyday.

If his Theology is "off" I can chalk that up to "oh well hes human, but at least hes trying to spread the word", but my concern was his behavior and the anti-Christian stuff hes always posting to facebook. I actually thought he was an atheist since hes always posting positive things about atheists and trash talking christianity
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://reanimatedradio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:01 am

Metal Blessing Radio wrote:
d@v!d wrote:
sentient 6 wrote:

Larry's comment may have come off as hateful but I have to say he is right. When the band first came on the scene I thought they were pretty good, I even interviewed them, but it seems after they released their album with Rottweiler Shannon started posting trollbait for Christians on facebook everyday.

If his Theology is "off" I can chalk that up to "oh well hes human, but at least hes trying to spread the word", but my concern was his behavior and the anti-Christian stuff hes always posting to facebook. I actually thought he was an atheist since hes always posting positive things about atheists and trash talking christianity
I think you are right to make the distinction between someone who you feel is off in their theology and someone who is acting like a tool.

Yes, it would be hateful to call him a tool just becuase you disagree with his theology.

Since, he's truly acting the part, hence the name is legit.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:27 pm

I dont think he is being a tool..he is being honest..he has had enough religious non-sense (me too)...he just wants to rock and do his craft...I have no problem with that... Michael Sweet said stryper isn't Christian and that he and the other stryper members despise religion...I recently read the guys in demon hunter and red claim to not be Christian bands anymore...same with Sin Breed...so what...if ya like their music buy it and if not move on.. Who cares what religion the band is..

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next