The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I like Episodes II and III even less now

+4
metaldude
Hardcore Christian
eatbugs
Fundy
8 posters

Go down

I like Episodes II and III even less now Empty I like Episodes II and III even less now

Post by Guest Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:44 am

As stated in a prior thread, we've been watching, as a family, Star Wars in the Machete Order, which is IV, V, II, III, and then VI. (Ep. I is skipped entirely.)

Having seen II and III many times these last 10+ years, I must say, I like them less and less on each viewing. III is still the best of the batch, but still sucks in so many ways.

Both II and III have long, drawn out dialogues and politics that no one cares about. The romantic aspect between Anakin and Padme could have been done via quick banter and loving jabs like between Han and Leia in IV and V. Instead there are these long drawn out "Disney princess" type scenes.

I LOVE the space battles (in fact, if I could end III after the initial battle/crash I would!), the visuals of Kamino, the "gladiator" style battle in the arena, the droid/Anakin/Padme forge scene, etc. but trudged through the rest.

After watching them, I told the kids that it will be a long time before I watch these again, probably years.

Back to top Go down

I like Episodes II and III even less now Empty Re: I like Episodes II and III even less now

Post by Guest Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:12 am

I love Episode 3, problem with alot of the fans is they expected the prequels to be like the original trilogy. Maybe why I enjoy the prequels (even ep1)

Back to top Go down

I like Episodes II and III even less now Empty Re: I like Episodes II and III even less now

Post by Guest Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:26 am

Aaron C wrote:I love Episode 3, problem with alot of the fans is they expected the prequels to be like the original trilogy. Maybe why I enjoy the prequels (even ep1)

You make a great point. I'm not sure yet if I fall into the category of fan you are describing or not, but I will do some soul searching.

Please also note the title of my thread. I enjoy them LESS than before, which means that I used to enjoy them more. However, with each subsequent viewing, they have become less desirable.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:49 am

I never accused you of not liking them at all Smile

For me when they did the prequels for me it was all about EP3 I wish it was longer and a bit more drawn out.

I dont watch Ep1 and 2 very often myself , but when I do pop in a prequel its Episode 3.

Ive seen alot of smack talk over the prequels over the years and I really fail to see the problems with them while they are not my favorites in the SW universe I dont hate them. I do agree Ep1 would be better without Jar Jar Binks though

Back to top Go down

Post by Fundy Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:17 pm

In order...

V - Mainly because of Hoth.  Great battle scene and also it had the unnerving feeling that the darkside was going to win.
IV - Loved this film all the way through.  Well thought out film that defied the critics concerns and started the whole SW universe off.
VI - Yes, it's got Ewoks, but other than that it's still a really strong film.
III - They went dark on this film, and whilst I think they missed the real core of what SW is about (i.e. it's supposed to be for kids) from an adult point of view it's great.  Opening battle is awesome!
I - Highly underrated in my opinion.  I think this is very similar to the early three in terms of style and characters.  It was made for kids, and I think it succeeded.  It was only the fact that all the kids from the 70's had grown up and got the hump that George made II and III go darker.
II - Oh strewth!  It's an okay film but PLEASE, how can anyone act that bad and not be pulled up for it!?  Wooden acting at it's worst.  At least Hayden was better in part III.
Fundy
Fundy
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:35 pm

My problem with I-II-III isn't Jar Jar, the sometimes bad acting, or the sometimes "un-Star Wars" feel of them.  I didn't like that they were too inconsistent with IV-V-VI.  There are many examples but the most obvious one is Luke and Leia's conversation: "Do you remember your mother, your real mother?"..."She died when I was very young."  No kidding she died when you were "very young"!!!  You MUST have POWERFUL Jedi memory to remember her at all!

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:06 pm

I have always loved every episode!!! Big Star Wars fan here!

Have been ever since I was a wee lad!

I always thought Episodes 1-3 were excellent!!! Despite the dumb Jar Jar and what not.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:08 pm

Aaron is so lucky!!! He has tickets for opening night at a luxury lazy-boy theater!!!

Rockin Loud

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:35 pm

RavenWolf wrote:Aaron is so lucky!!! He has tickets for opening night at a luxury lazy-boy theater!!!

Rockin Loud

Wow!  I may not get to see it until after Christmas. Crying or Very sad

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:01 pm

Wife bought the tickets back in October, the theater is a standard theater but they had converted some of their rooms into luxury ones which is the best way to see a movie, not like the one at Gillette Stadium in Foxboro Mass that theater has a restaurant that will come to your seat.

Should also mention gonna see it in 3D  cant wait

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:15 pm

I'm taking 7 of my children to see it Friday afternoon, I took the day off work because I have a Dr. appt. in the morning.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:20 pm

you have 7 children?????

How do you do it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:23 pm

Honestly I dont like the prequels as well as the originals

But we wouldnt have the huge feel to Star Wars without them
I dislike the acting of Christiansen in II and III
and I hate Jar Jar and the prolonged political nonsense
and the overuse of CGI

But to be truthful I like Mcgregor as Obi Wan, Liam Neeson as Qui Gon, and the lightsaber duels, the huge battles between clones and droids, the space battles, the villans of Dooku, Grievous, and Jango Fett  and the best part of them is they set up my favorite cartoon of all time

Star Wars The Clone Wars

My Order of Star Wars movies

V
IV
VI
III
I
II
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:33 pm

My wife works for a public library and she spearheaded a Star Wars event a few weeks ago and guess who is in the paper?

http://www.courant.com/community/killingly/jedi-2-jpg-20151211-photo.html

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:36 pm

This must be what it feels like when you don't like football, and it's Super Bowl week. I'll be going to the theater, not for Star Wars, but to see Miracle On 34th Street on the big screen. Man, I'm weird.
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:30 pm

metaldude wrote:This must be what it feels like when you don't like football, and it's Super Bowl week. I'll be going to the theater, not for Star Wars, but to see Miracle On 34th Street on the big screen. Man, I'm weird.

Awesome! I love diversity in the arts. The fact that you are not a fan is alright in my book.

I love Miracle on 34th St. (the original) but not the remake so much.

Also, I just watched Home Alone in the theater with my kids on Saturday. They had a kids free and adults for 5 bucks event for the 25th anniversary of the movie.

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:35 pm

Adam wrote:I love Miracle on 34th St. (the original) but not the remake so much.

We'll be seeing the original. It's a TCM showing.
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:48 pm

metaldude wrote:This must be what it feels like when you don't like football, and it's Super Bowl week. I'll be going to the theater, not for Star Wars, but to see Miracle On 34th Street on the big screen. Man, I'm weird.

Id like to see 2001 A Space Odyssey on the big screen

Back to top Go down

Post by Zymologist Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:26 pm

I hated Jar Jar and the prequels, until I read the fan theory circulating online about him. Now that I'm pretty well convinced of this theory, I see episode I a lot differently.

The theory is worth reading. And seriously, don't dismiss it because it seems ridiculous at first (because it will). Give it some real thought, and you might be surprised at how convincing it is.

Zymologist
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:34 pm

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Zymologist Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:39 pm

At this point I actually doubt that Jar Jar will be in episode VII, as the theory predicts, but I'm convinced that Lucas' original intent with Jar Jar was not comic relief. There's too much coincidence, too many seemingly convenient facts. It was a very subtle deception, but I'm quite sure now that it was deception all along.

"The Phantom Menace" indeed.

Zymologist
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:28 pm

My favorite Star Wars was the one where the man with the big yellow hat does the Heimlich maneuver to that guy who swallowed the puzzle piece.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:00 pm

Lucas originally wanted Jar Jar to be the key to the whole Star Wars saga but the fan outrage at the character made him pull back in "Attack Of The Clones".  That is why the character and battle with Count Dooku felt so rushed.  They just threw it in.  Lucas had wanted Jar Jar to be the reincarnated master of Palpatine and the one actually pulling all the strings.  He truly would have been the Phantom Menace indeed.

I personally love all the Star Wars movies but think that Episode I was the weakest overall.  However, despite some phoned in acting or directing and some plot holes, the series as a whole is just a lot of fun.  When people over dissect them and over analyze them, yes they do fall apart.  If you watch them just for entertainment, then they do retain the awesomeness of Star Wars.

I like the prequels because they are different than the originals.  The political intrigue actually was cool because you can see a mirror into our own world.  We want more security.  We want more free trade.  We also see how that the evil powers in this world are often financed by those with the fattest bank accounts.  The dictator will have their way paved with the money of the rich before it is stripped away through political power and absolute control.

We see how easily people can be swayed in the political arena.  We also see, much like in our post 9/11 world, how easily we give up freedom for so-called security.  I could see us giving up on our own republic the same way:  with the roar of applause.  However, we would also be doomed to having the collective noose placed around our necks as we lose our freedom to the devil.

But, if you want, I can also give you the political side of the originals.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:01 am

Very good post Alldat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:26 pm

Aaron C wrote:Very good post Alldat

+1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum