The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help with my project's name, please!!!

+3
Hardcore Christian
d@v!d
alldatndensum
7 posters

Go down

Which name do you like better?

Help with my project's name, please!!! I_vote_lcap18%Help with my project's name, please!!! I_vote_rcap 18% 
[ 2 ]
Help with my project's name, please!!! I_vote_lcap9%Help with my project's name, please!!! I_vote_rcap 9% 
[ 1 ]
Help with my project's name, please!!! I_vote_lcap55%Help with my project's name, please!!! I_vote_rcap 55% 
[ 6 ]
Help with my project's name, please!!! I_vote_lcap18%Help with my project's name, please!!! I_vote_rcap 18% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 11

Help with my project's name, please!!! Empty Help with my project's name, please!!!

Post by alldatndensum Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:13 am

I have done several albums under the Mission of One moniker with varied success.  Since learning to build guitars from cigar and wine boxes, I am currently working on a blues album.  I have enough songs to do two and will release both of those before working on another Mission Of One project.

I need some advice on the name of my project, please.  These are the working titles that I have.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Help with my project's name, please!!! Empty Re: Help with my project's name, please!!!

Post by d@v!d Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:19 am

I expect that you have been around enough to know the importance of branding. Since this is a break in style from Mission of One, I'd go with another name. I'd go with a title that bests represents the genre you are producing.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Help with my project's name, please!!! Empty Re: Help with my project's name, please!!!

Post by Hardcore Christian Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:55 pm

d@v!d wrote:I expect that you have been around enough to know the importance of branding. Since this is a break in style from Mission of One, I'd go with another name. I'd go with a title that bests represents the genre you are producing.
I agree

The Color 9 sounds good
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:53 pm

I shouldn't have even asked.  I am so discouraged in so many areas of life right now that I don't even care if this project gets finished.  I'll never get the opportunity to play it live anyway.  Why bother anymore?
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:18 pm

alldatndensum wrote:I shouldn't have even asked.  I am so discouraged in so many areas of life right now that I don't even care if this project gets finished.  I'll never get the opportunity to play it live anyway.  Why bother anymore?

True. Quit now you big loser! No one wants to listen to an album of you smoking cigars, drinking wine and boxing. Oh wait ... Razz

Chin up, you can do it bro. We'll keep reminding you about it every week. Very Happy
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJahzeal Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:59 pm

There are many of us struggling with various aspects of life at the moment.  If the Holy Spirit is moving you to do something, you do it.  Smile
SirJahzeal
SirJahzeal
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

https://www.twitch.tv/SirJahzeal

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:10 pm

Chin up, you can do it bro. We'll keep reminding you about it every week.

What if I can't?  What if I am so tired that I just don't want to go on?  What if I finally throw my hands up in disgust and just say, "Bah, humbug!"?  Maybe my frustrations are just me needing to learn to let go of a lot of things and let dreams die as they should when unrealized for so long.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:48 pm

alldatndensum wrote:I shouldn't have even asked.  I am so discouraged in so many areas of life right now that I don't even care if this project gets finished.  I'll never get the opportunity to play it live anyway.  Why bother anymore?

alldatndensum wrote:

What if I can't?  What if I am so tired that I just don't want to go on?  What if I finally throw my hands up in disgust and just say, "Bah, humbug!"?  Maybe my frustrations are just me needing to learn to let go of a lot of things and let dreams die as they should when unrealized for so long.
Excellent! You're are right on track. You are in the perfect state of mind to write the blues. Keep on being down and out and just sing it all out.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:52 pm

alldatndensum wrote:

I understand. I do the same with my Warpriest project. (Sorry Kerrick)
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:11 am

Chris, I'll tell you straight up right now that I don't listen to your music. But I respect you a lot man, I have since day one at this site and I am begging you to keep going. I've been down in the dumps since late 2011 but I wake up every day thank God for grace, life, love and freedom, and then I move on again and I pray you can do the same.

I'm here for you if you ever want to talk.

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:29 am

I'll never get to play my music live either. ...so I used my mad producer skills and made a "mock" live album.
The consensus is it sounds pretty genuine and it was funner than all get-out to make.
Hasn't flopped in sales either.

The band names you picked are all equally fine, as I understand "normal" music,
...but the words are too common. If I tried to find you on a Google search, I'd have to dig.

I took this into consideration in naming my projects.
Search Ankou Awaits. Search Hguols. Top of page 1 is me.
Orationem, middle of page 1.

Also, who cares if it takes 20 years to make the album. It will get done when it gets done.
My recommendation, get DEEP into prayer. Like prayer warrior deep and have your guitar in hand.
Ask God to make you his instrument.

Last time I did this, I WROTE and RECORDED a full length album in 3 days.
The end result is fantastic in my opinion.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by oteis Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:33 am

Hey Chris, i think you already answered your own question. Sometimes it's hard to see what God is doing. Keep going on being creative. 

"The Color 9 (from the Chris Rice song "Smell The Color 9" referring to how difficult it seems sometimes to see what God is doing)"
oteis
oteis
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:07 pm

d@v!d wrote:

alldatndensum wrote:

Excellent! You're are right on track. You are in the perfect state of mind to write the blues. Keep on being down and out and just sing it all out.
lol!
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down