The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

all Circle of Dust fans must click here

+13
stevegarveyfan
Temple of Blood
metalh
ChosenNightwolf
strangerhoncho
Blake
pathogenics_cloned_twin83
Superjuice
Deepfriar
Candlemass
eatbugs
deathisgain
force perspective
17 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

all Circle of Dust fans must click here Empty all Circle of Dust fans must click here

Post by force perspective Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:25 am

I'm not sure if this should be posted in the "Christian" section or not, but whatever..

Klayton announced this today on his new Circle of Dust Facebook page

"Since you guys are in this small, underground "Circle of Dust" club, I'll let you in on a secret: I had an idea today that will make a few of you pretty happy. 2016 may shape up to be more than just the re-release of all my old albums with a *couple* of new tracks. Yeah, I'm thinking maybe more than a couple would be a better idea...."

It looks like Klayton will release a NEW CoD record in 2016 along with re-releasing all 3 Circle of Dust records with improved sound quality, unreleased tracks and some re-records possibly. This is the best news I've heard from Klayton. I miss his guitar heavy music and I'm glad he does too.
force perspective
force perspective
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

all Circle of Dust fans must click here Empty Re: all Circle of Dust fans must click here

Post by deathisgain Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:40 pm

I wonder who is re-releasing them. I think Retroactive has at least one album that they had re-released.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

all Circle of Dust fans must click here Empty Re: all Circle of Dust fans must click here

Post by eatbugs Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:55 pm

Interesting news.  I'd love to hear some new stuff or unreleased old stuff...but...I thought he viewed CoD as his "Christian" band and he isn't a Christian anymore (I hope I'm wrong on this).  Sorry, I don't mean to start THAT discussion but I think it's a legit concern for a Christian hoping for new "Christian" stuff from him.

Yeah, Retroactive reissued at least the self-titled debut and Brainchild.  As far as I know the (superior) re-record of the s/t has never been reissued.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:17 pm

eatbugs wrote:Interesting news.  I'd love to hear some new stuff or unreleased old stuff...but...I thought he viewed CoD as his "Christian" band and he isn't a Christian anymore (I hope I'm wrong on this).  Sorry, I don't mean to start THAT discussion but I think it's a legit concern for a Christian hoping for new "Christian" stuff from him.

Yeah, Retroactive reissued at least the self-titled debut and Brainchild.  As far as I know the (superior) re-record of the s/t has never been reissued.

Most post-christian artist don't mind making more money from Christians if they can.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by force perspective Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:32 pm

from what I understand Klayton just acquired the rights to all the Circle of Dust catalogue. Argyle Park too!
force perspective
force perspective
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:05 pm

This is GREAT news for me!!! I'm a HUGE Circle of Dust fan!!!
I'm a fan of Cell Dweller too, but not nearly as much!

I'll be buying each of these new rereleases for sure!!!

I don't really care if Klayton is a Christian anymore or not (I mean- I would prefer that he was), but as an artist his spiritual views mean little to me. He could be satanic now and I'd still buy his stuff. But then again - I'm not a religious Christian.

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:40 pm

deathisgain wrote:
eatbugs wrote:Interesting news.  I'd love to hear some new stuff or unreleased old stuff...but...I thought he viewed CoD as his "Christian" band and he isn't a Christian anymore (I hope I'm wrong on this).  Sorry, I don't mean to start THAT discussion but I think it's a legit concern for a Christian hoping for new "Christian" stuff from him.

Most post-christian artist don't mind making more money from Christians if they can.

Yea, don't think it's as cynical as that...
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Deepfriar Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:45 pm

Like the topic says, he probably just wants to reconnect with his CoD fans. I will definitely check this out.
Deepfriar
Deepfriar
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:03 pm

It sounded like on his Mark Salomon interview that he was coming back around.  He mentioned divine providence and that he was proud of his praying Italian mother.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:56 pm

Maybe Klay is going through some powerful spiritual changes. That's awesome if so! I think for a while there he denied his faith in Christ. At least I remember reading something of that nature. I have been a fan of Klay through thick and thin though. I am still into anything he creates pretty much. I still have some holes to fill in my collection though.

Back to top Go down

Post by pathogenics_cloned_twin83 Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:16 am

Wow, this is exciting...I will definitely stay tuned. Disengage was a wonderful album, I wouldn't mind something new in that vein or...just something new under the COD name.
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

https://www.facebook.com/#!/derrick.williams.5667

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:02 am

deathisgain wrote:

And I'll gladly pay Thumbs up .  I just want to know the level of "Christian-ness" in the music I buy (it matters to me - not in a pharisaical way, but in a real PERSONAL way).

What Facebook page by the way?

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by force perspective Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:17 am

click here to join the Circle of Dust Facebook page

Circle of Dust Facebook
force perspective
force perspective
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:29 am

I personally think hes probably still a Christian. I kinda sense it in some of his recent music, but I could be wrong
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://reanimatedradio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:28 pm

Yeah ... I hear you Metal Blessing.

The last Celldweller album actually has lots of tones of God in it. I wouldn't say ... "Christian" ... but at least you get the sense he's not an atheist any longer.

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:21 pm

RavenWolf wrote:at least you get the sense he's not an atheist any longer.

Great news!

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:05 am

Can't wait for this!  CoD is one of those bands I never tire of listening to.

strangerhoncho
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:58 pm

strangerhoncho wrote:Can't wait for this!  CoD is one of those bands I never tire of listening to.

Same here. I can listen to them all day long!!!

Rockin Loud

Back to top Go down

Post by ChosenNightwolf Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:15 am

Knowing how thorough Klayton is with the Celldweller material, I'm looking forward to hearing each of the COD albums and Argyle Park's Misguided along with the bonus material for each re-release. Should be excellent.
ChosenNightwolf
ChosenNightwolf
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

http://www.aflameinthedark.net

Back to top Go down

Post by metalh Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:41 pm

I'm a huge fan of anything Klayton is involved with. His Celldweller stuff is pretty awesome. This is great news!

I don't know why you deny

I, I know the light is burning dim and dying in you
I know the pain that lies within
I feel it too

-Collapsing by Demon Hunter
metalh
metalh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:14 am

As a fan I`m not sure if I should be exited or afraid. Too many times these reunions turn out to be pale and lifeless and lacking the original hunger.

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:05 pm

It's not like he's been out of music for 20 years though.  Given his track record I'm not worried.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:30 pm

We need to hear some more IMMORTAL!
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:51 pm

eatbugs wrote:It's not like he's been out of music for 20 years though.  Given his track record I'm not worried.

Precisely! Guitar guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:05 am

This is from the new Celldweller album, Klayton remixed a song in the style of Circle of Dust. This might qualify as new circle of dust. I like it
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://reanimatedradio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next