The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anvil

2 posters

Go down

Anvil Empty Anvil

Post by Guest Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:28 pm

Any fans of this Canadian Heavy Metal band? Let's discuss ... what are your favorite albums? Memories? Basic thoughts regarding ...

Anvil Anvil-494x250

Back to top Go down

Anvil Empty Re: Anvil

Post by Machine Fish Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:28 pm

I've only heard a few Anvil songs, I like what I've heard though.
Machine Fish
Machine Fish
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://linktr.ee/nathanKmcwilliams

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:07 pm

This truly is an underrated band IMHO. They've been around for many many years, much like Iron Maiden or Judas Priest - or a band of that caliber. Yet they receive little appreciation. Heck, I wasn't even a fan of Anvil until recently. Finally one of my friends talked me into getting their Greatest Hits. Glad I did. I discovered an incredibly solid band who has a whole legacy of music to enjoy!

They're also one of those bands who are very consistent. Like Motorhead or Hammerfall. Some of their stuff does sound kind of similar. Like if you listen to one of their newer albums, you could almost think that it might have come out in the early 80s like some of their other albums. So that is a good or bad thing ... depending on the band. With Anvil, in my opinion, it's a great thing! This is one band you WANT to be consistent. Good and true Heavy Metal with a few Thrash Metal songs to be found here and there. Heck, they've even got some Speed Metal songs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Machine Fish Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:43 am

I love the long running consistent bands the most. Like Running Wild, Overkill, Grave Digger. They know what they like and don't care about the rest. Thats true metal spirit right there.
Machine Fish
Machine Fish
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://linktr.ee/nathanKmcwilliams

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:36 pm

Anvil! The Story of Anvil is a great documentary and even if you don't like their music you can't help but admire their determination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:00 pm

I've never owned any of their albums but have liked the few songs I have heard.  I watched their documentary and I certainly have to admire their dogged determination to keep the band alive.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:37 pm

Yeah! The Story of Anvil is ESSENTIAL even if you're not a fan of the band! Totally agreed.

Anvil 220px-Anvil_ver2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:38 pm

Machine Fish wrote:I love the long running consistent bands the most. Like Running Wild, Overkill, Grave Digger. They know what they like and don't care about the rest. Thats true metal spirit right there.

Rockin Loud  Rockin Loud

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down