The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jessica Jones

+2
deathisgain
Peter who was Vaak
6 posters

Go down

Jessica Jones Empty Jessica Jones

Post by Peter who was Vaak Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:37 pm

At first, I was like "alright, netflix's daredevil show was pretty good, so this'll probably be good too."  Now, I think "No, this will be way better!"  Anyone else looking forward to this?  And it has Jesse's girlfriend, Jane, from Breaking Bad as the main actress!
Peter who was Vaak
Peter who was Vaak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Jessica Jones Empty Re: Jessica Jones

Post by Guest Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:46 pm

Looks pretty cool! I'll watch it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter who was Vaak Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:39 pm

I finished the show the other day.  It was, hands down, the darkest thing Marvel studios has created yet.  It was compelling and not a second wasted of airtime.  The powers were used, but it felt more subtle as opposed to say the Avengers.  It was a psychological thriller the entire way and felt more like a detective show than anything else.  They were all awesome.  Every character played their part perfect.  This was my favorite series of the year.  Better than Daredevil.
Peter who was Vaak
Peter who was Vaak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:07 pm

Having finished Daredevil, Gotham and (almost) Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. for the year, I've been on the fence as to whether or not to start another show. You all are making me rethink my decision.

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter who was Vaak Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:08 pm

There is one thing that really separates it from the other shows you mentioned and it may be a factor for you since you have youngsters: it has a few sex scenes.  Of course, they can be skipped, but figured you may want to know about that ahead of time.
Peter who was Vaak
Peter who was Vaak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:29 pm

Peter who was Vaak wrote:There is one thing that really separates it from the other shows you mentioned and it may be a factor for you since you have youngsters: it has a few sex scenes.  Of course, they can be skipped, but figured you may want to know about that ahead of time.

Thanks. I assume sex as a given in movies/TV these days and my fingers live on the pause/FF/Guide/mute buttons. I read full descriptions of shows before I watch and generally know when the sex starts so I'm prepared.

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:59 pm

A big comic book guy at work (who is not a purist by any means) said that even he thought the sex scenes didn't feel right in the show. He also said that it figured more in the beginning of the show, then waned.

I am not sure if I am going to watch this one. I liked Dare Devil, but didn't LOVE it.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:27 am

My wife and I watched Jessica Jones pretty much just because David Tennant was in it. I thought it turned out to be a pretty good show. There was a lot of sex in it. Only thing that really annoyed me about the show was the lawyer character and they seemed to love shoving it in everyone's face that she was an active lesbian
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://reanimatedradio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:53 am

deathisgain wrote:...
I am not sure if I am going to watch this one. I liked Dare Devil, but didn't LOVE it.

Same here, I might give it a shot...but there are several other things I would like to see first, and there is a limited amount of time I can waste on the boob tube.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:12 pm

Never heard of it and have never even seen it on my selection of shows on Netflix (but I may have overlooked it since I do not know what it is). May check it and Daredevil out but Ben Alfeck killed DD for me, just as he is killing Batman for me.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:11 pm

I haven't gotten to this one yet. I'm stuck on Revenge ... been binging on that one.

Jessica Jones Avatar_94262ee93f2c_128

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:26 am

Metal Blessing Radio wrote:My wife and I watched Jessica Jones pretty much just because David Tennant was in it. I thought it turned out to be a pretty good show. There was a lot of sex in it. Only thing that really annoyed me about the show was the lawyer character and they seemed to love shoving it in everyone's face that she was an active lesbian

This was why I turned it off half-way through. I have enough garbage in my life, I don't need to have it shoved in my face for the sake of entertainment.

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:58 am

I still need to check out Daredevil and Gotham.  I am currently all caught up on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter who was Vaak Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:28 pm

I was definitely annoyed by that lesbian thing.  That got real old real fast.  Fortunately, the whole situation resolves itself!  In like the last episode, but still.
Peter who was Vaak
Peter who was Vaak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down