The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sexit (Slovak classic heavy metal)

2 posters

Go down

sexit - Sexit (Slovak classic heavy metal) Empty Sexit (Slovak classic heavy metal)

Post by Kerrick Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:05 pm

So while I was in Slovakia, I stopped at this sweet music store that focused on heavy metal.  The guys working there were super friendly and recommended me tons of Slovak metal.  I bought a couple CDs, including Sexit's first album.  I think folks here might really dig 'em.  They're classic heavy metal a la Maiden or Priest.  They're very melodic and pretty up-beat but still have that crunch.  They sing in Slovak which I think is really cool (though their newest album they sing in Hungarian which is interesting).  This song takes a little while to get going, but once it does, it's a lot of fun!  I want to get the rest of their discography.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

sexit - Sexit (Slovak classic heavy metal) Empty Re: Sexit (Slovak classic heavy metal)

Post by Kerrick Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:35 pm

Oh, and from what I can tell, the lyrics are clean and pretty harmless. Cool

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

sexit - Sexit (Slovak classic heavy metal) Empty Re: Sexit (Slovak classic heavy metal)

Post by Kerrick Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:09 pm

I'm listening to these guys now and am really enjoying them.  I gotta get their other albums...

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:09 pm

How many do they have? Pretty interesting band. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:21 am

Five plus a video, according to the Metal Archives.

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Sexit/82731

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:54 pm

You don't normally hear about bands from that part of the world. Pretty cool to see the globalization of Metal.

Rockin Loud

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:39 pm

Indeed!  There are actually quite a few bands from Slovakia (to which I was surprised).  Signum Regis and Within Silence are two that folks around here will be most familiar with.  I actually got to get beers with WS's bassist which was fun.

Anyways, Veronika has left Slovakia and is on her way to the US!  I am so happy.  And she said she stopped by the store where I bought Sexit's first CD and is bringing me back more "sexy CDs" hahaha.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:23 pm

Kerrick wrote:Indeed!  There are actually quite a few bands from Slovakia (to which I was surprised).  Signum Regis and Within Silence are two that folks around here will be most familiar with.  I actually got to get beers with WS's bassist which was fun.

Anyways, Veronika has left Slovakia and is on her way to the US!  I am so happy.  And she said she stopped by the store where I bought Sexit's first CD and is bringing me back more "sexy CDs" hahaha.

cheers  cheers  cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:43 pm

Well for Christmas I got the rest of their catalog!  So now I have all six of their albums.  Their first album is the only metal album while the rest are very eclectic rock.  The songs will range from classic/radio-friendly rock, prog, folk, metal, and more.  It's really fun stuff!  And from what Veronika has translated for me, they have really poetic, creative, and good lyrics.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:15 pm

That's awesome! Maybe you could help me update my homesite's page for them! Smile 

https://rateyourmusic.com/artist/sexit

Do you have a profile at RYM? If so - you can update this!

I was going to - but I don't know anything about them.

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:30 am

Kerrick wrote:Oh, and from what I can tell, the lyrics are clean and pretty harmless.  Cool

I guess they could singing about... anything....and I wouldn't know. Cool  The sounds are good though.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:33 am

Kerrick wrote:...and is bringing me back more "sexy CDs" hahaha.

I don't know the language. Is that what the name means in English ?
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:15 pm

RavenWolf wrote:That's awesome! Maybe you could help me update my homesite's page for them! Smile 

https://rateyourmusic.com/artist/sexit

Do you have a profile at RYM? If so - you can update this!

I was going to - but I don't know anything about them.

No, I don't have a RYM account.  I updated their Metal Archives page though with their latest album.

sentient 6 wrote:
Kerrick wrote:...and is bringing me back more "sexy CDs" hahaha.

I don't know the language. Is that what the name means in English ?

Haha no.  It doesn't mean anything: it's just a made-up word. Smile

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:21 pm

As I promised D@v!d, here are some more tunes from them:

This one's pretty representative of their overall sound, though they are very eclectic.

Probably their best ballad:

(Veronika has translated some of the lyrics for this song and they're quite sad.  I love this song though.)

This is a rock and roll version (think Jimi Hendrix) of a famous and very old Hungarian folk song that is usually danced to.

Enjoy!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down