The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where's the new christian thrash bands?

+21
strangerhoncho
Galations6.7
Frozen Fire
MadKraken
Kerrick
mothy
average joe
Jessrox
lhversaw
Grindboy
Devon Hill
Machine Fish
metaldude
deathisgain
Blake
L8T
Drawnsword
xMetalMarkx
Temple of Blood
Friday13th
Black Rider
25 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Where's the new christian thrash bands? - Page 3 Empty Re: Where's the new christian thrash bands?

Post by average joe Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:17 pm

So, why not more bands playing the style in America? Are you proposing a lack of influential secular thrash bands in America?

average joe
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Where's the new christian thrash bands? - Page 3 Empty Re: Where's the new christian thrash bands?

Post by Machine Fish Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:20 pm

https://open.spotify.com/album/0Nn8B2wBGkrRJvHH5Dvzld?si=fiGOTiXjQWWGhGUCUPTblg
Here's these dudes. Sepulcro Vacio, South American thrash with death-y vocals. Heavy Sepultura sound
Machine Fish
Machine Fish
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://linktr.ee/nathanKmcwilliams

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:34 pm

Joe:

No. Not at all. The issue is there is a near endless number of influential, internationally known bands in most every style. Any style is a way up in the U.S. Technically you could go any direction, including thrash, but for Christian musicians rock and metalcore have been the best path up. That's what young bands have gravitated towards. Christian thrash never came back to the point of international recognition after the early 90s. Yet nu-metal, hard rock and metalcore had bands on the billboard charts and at massive festivals experiencing true success. Those bands became the primary influence.

U.S. bands playing thrash, power metal and black metal have been in short supply for Christians. Thankfully we still have some.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Post by average joe Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:20 pm

But, yet, there has been such a resurgence of American thrash in the secular realm. You would think that there would be some level of parallel trends. Perhaps a general lack of musicians talented enough to play the style in comparison to rock and metalcore. I mean, probably 1000:1 ratio of metalcore bands to thrash. You would think that at least one talented group of musicians would have risen up since ‘92 to make a quality thrash album. 25+ years is a long time. Ritual Servant is really the first non-retread (meaning new band) playing the style. There have been a couple metalcore/death influenced (at least in the vocal department) bands like Hands of Fire, Crushing the Deciever, and the Extol spin-offs. Or, some second/third rate attempts. Temple of Blood is probably the closest thing musically in terms of modern bands if only they had improved production and a more dynamic vocal style.

Last edited by average joe on Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:27 pm; edited 3 times in total

average joe
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:06 pm

You might be right about the lack of playing talent to do the genre justice. Excited about Ritual Servant though.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Galations6.7 Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:52 pm

Kerrick wrote:Final Decree was looking promising though now I can't find anything about them online...  Their facebook page is now a page just for Glenn Rogers and it notes him as being an ex-member...

Kerrick,
Glenn let go of a couple of members. The two new members didn't work out so he decided to disband for now. He is back in Deliverance and Primal
Galations6.7
Galations6.7
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:07 pm

Ah bummer; thanks for solving the mystery though!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Galations6.7 Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:56 am

Kerrick wrote:Ah bummer; thanks for solving the mystery though!

No worries Kerrick, I have my own new music coming out in 2019 and The Slave Eye will be recording early 2019 also.
Galations6.7
Galations6.7
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by average joe Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:06 am

“Own new music?”

average joe
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:43 am

Oh that is excellent news indeed!  I can't wait to hear new The Slave Eye but I'm also quite curious about this other project of yours...  What genre would you say it is?

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Galations6.7 Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:19 pm

Kerrick wrote:Oh that is excellent news indeed!  I can't wait to hear new The Slave Eye but I'm also quite curious about this other project of yours...  What genre would you say it is?

Kerrick, regarding TSE,... we have 9 or 10 songs demoed (without vocals). I co-wrote a couple and am learning the songs to record. As for my own stuff,... It is thrash along the lines of Vengeance / Early Deliverance
Galations6.7
Galations6.7
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Galations6.7 Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:21 pm

average joe wrote:“Own new music?”

Mr. Joe, I've always been a bass player or second guitarist for other peoples bands. I will be heading my own band
Galations6.7
Galations6.7
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:42 pm

Right on! Please continue to keep us posted!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by average joe Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:32 pm

Hopefully with vocals leaning more towards early Deliverance, than vengeance. Very Happy

average joe
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Galations6.7 Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:42 pm

average joe wrote:Hopefully with vocals leaning more towards early Deliverance, than vengeance. Very Happy

Yes, they are more towards the Deliverance vein. This guy can sing
Galations6.7
Galations6.7
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:59 pm

Absolutely love The Slave Eye!

I'll keep an eye on the thrash project. That's exciting news as well!
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Galations6.7 Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:09 pm

Frozen Fire wrote:Absolutely love The Slave Eye!

I'll keep an eye on the thrash project. That's exciting news as well!

Thank you! Eero is an absolute monster of a talent. And thank you, I'll keep you all posted
Galations6.7
Galations6.7
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by average joe Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:53 pm

Ok, you have our attention! Please tell us more!

average joe
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Galations6.7 Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:20 pm

average joe wrote:

Ok, you have our attention! Please tell us more!

Mr. Joe

Not much to tell at this point. I have a singer, a drummer and myself. I have two songs demoed with scratch vocals and No solo's. 3 more songs in the works. After I record the next TSE album I will give all my full attention to this.
Galations6.7
Galations6.7
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by average joe Wed May 08, 2019 4:48 pm

Kerrick, regarding TSE,... we have 9 or 10 songs demoed (without vocals). I co-wrote a couple and am learning the songs to record. As for my own stuff,... It is thrash along the lines of Vengeance / Early Deliverance wrote:

Any update on the thrash project?

average joe
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Galations6.7 Thu May 16, 2019 1:26 pm

average joe wrote:

Any update on the thrash project?

I am still working on The Slave Eye. It's taking longer than anticipated. The only update on Bachir (my band) is that I now have a solo on one song. I can't really work on my stuff with other commitments still pending. I hope to have a shortened version of a song by the end of the month to post. Depends on when I can get my guy to edit a little.
Galations6.7
Galations6.7
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu May 16, 2019 1:37 pm

I'm glad to hear new tunes from The Slave Eye are still progressing, even if a bit slower than you guys had originally hoped.  I can't wait to hear it!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Fri May 17, 2019 9:46 am

Just stumbled on these guys. 

FATE
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Fri May 17, 2019 11:01 am

Man, vocally that really reminds me of someone but I can't put my finger on it.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Sat May 18, 2019 1:09 am

mothy wrote:Just stumbled on these guys. 

FATE

Awesome!  Thanks for this.  Love that legit vintage production sound.  Sounds like a long lost demo from '88.

strangerhoncho
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next