The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wickeds End is back

+4
strangerhoncho
prophx
eatbugs
grandeped
8 posters

Go down

Wickeds End is back Empty Wickeds End is back

Post by grandeped Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:45 pm

Don't know if anyone remembers Glen Rowlands or his thrash band Wickeds End, but they are back together and making new music apparently:

https://www.facebook.com/WickedsEndOfficial

grandeped
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Wickeds End is back Empty Re: Wickeds End is back

Post by eatbugs Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:49 pm

As in the band that put out the Temporal Pain cassette-only release?  I haven't listened to that in years!

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Wickeds End is back Empty Time will tell

Post by prophx Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:14 am

I bought the Time Will Tell CD from Glenn back in 94 or 95 at Cornerstone. Really cool guy and I love the passion and emotion that he recorded in that album! I still think about him from time to time. Glad to see he is still making music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoUBX2kT2eQ

prophx
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:05 am

Awesome!  That was one of my favorite thrash demos back in the day.  Can't wait to hear the new stuff.  They could have been one of the great xian thrash bands if they had stuck with it.

strangerhoncho
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:11 am

Looks like it's just Glenn with 3 younger dudes, so not really the same band but still cool....

...and they have this link to a 55 min documentary on the old band!

strangerhoncho
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Throne of thorns Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:32 am

strangerhoncho wrote:Looks like it's just Glenn with 3 younger dudes, so not really the same band but still cool....

...and they have this link to a 55 min documentary on the old band!

Well I'll be a banana in pajamas! I have never heard of this band and I thought I had heard of most of them. And secondly from the short look I had at the doc I think this band had some potential to be a productive growing band. I down loaded this doc and will watch it later. cheers
Throne of thorns
Throne of thorns
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:28 am

I think this is the guy that produced the "Painted by Moses" ep, met him on fb several years ago...
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:56 pm

I watched the documentary and it was interesting but really sad -- mostly because it was obvious that the dudes were kinda clueless superstitious pentecostals and not too bright or focused.  The kind of people who are always on a mystical Easter egg hunt for "God's will" or "blessing" and thus never accomplish or finish much of what they start.  Still, the music was good like I remembered.  Nice crossover hardcore/thrash from the early 90s.

They have a rehearsal clip of the new version of the band on FB and it sounds like the new vocalist is death/grindcore.  Too bad about that but Glenn's guitar still rips!

strangerhoncho
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:05 pm

Glen and I live in the same town
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Throne of thorns Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:34 am

I watched the doc....I thought the music was pretty solid. unfortunately the members of the band remind me of all the people from my old church...they all had that I'm hypnotized by your BS  and your hypnotized by my BS look about them and lets talk some BS together and see who's BS sticks...shame really they could have been a really good band I reckon if not for the...BS! The guy with the black beanie seemed alright and the drummer seemed how shall we say it a bit more DOWN TO EARTH.  Chad sounded like an alright fella sounds like he was trying to escape his mad mother and the madness around him through Pot and music. I think he would have been on his way to being something if not for this car crash situation and the muppets around him at the time. Just my 2 cents worth.
Throne of thorns
Throne of thorns
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Drawnsword Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:57 pm

Cheers, I enjoyed watching the doc the other night, very interesting for bands/ members to make these honest looks into there worlds.
Always saw the adds in Heavens Metal mag but never heard them till now, nice stuff.
Checked out a few of the new line up rehearsal songs, sounds awesome! If there's an album in the works they should throw the Temporal Pain demo on the end as bonus tracks.
Drawnsword
Drawnsword
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

http://drawnswordgraphix.blogspot.co.nz/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down