The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andy Avery (Voices of Rock with Elefante and Schlitt) busted for lying about being in Journey

5 posters

Go down

Andy Avery (Voices of Rock with Elefante and Schlitt) busted for lying about being in Journey Empty Andy Avery (Voices of Rock with Elefante and Schlitt) busted for lying about being in Journey

Post by Guest Fri May 22, 2015 9:07 am

Last edited by NoOneIsHere on Fri May 22, 2015 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Andy Avery (Voices of Rock with Elefante and Schlitt) busted for lying about being in Journey Empty Re: Andy Avery (Voices of Rock with Elefante and Schlitt) busted for lying about being in Journey

Post by Peter who was Vaak Fri May 22, 2015 9:46 am

If he's going to lie about being in a band, why lie about being in Journey?  He could have picked a plethora of bands that are better.  Maybe nobody cared enough for Journey to actually research it?  Maybe people were like "Why would anyone lie about being in Journey?  He has to be a former member!"
Peter who was Vaak
Peter who was Vaak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Andy Avery (Voices of Rock with Elefante and Schlitt) busted for lying about being in Journey Empty Re: Andy Avery (Voices of Rock with Elefante and Schlitt) busted for lying about being in Journey

Post by Superjuice Fri May 22, 2015 9:56 am

How do I put this without bringing too much attention to it?  umm...

you spelled the name of the third singer for Petra wrong.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor_Valconian Fri May 22, 2015 11:11 am

Peter who was Vaak wrote:If he's going to lie about being in a band, why lie about being in Journey?  He could have picked a plethora of bands that are better.  Maybe nobody cared enough for Journey to actually research it?  Maybe people were like "Why would anyone lie about being in Journey?  He has to be a former member!"

I'm going to stand up for Journey. One of my faves from late 70's, early 80's. Certainly not the hardest rockers, but great, great AOR band. Love Steve Perry. Awesome vocalist.
Professor_Valconian
Professor_Valconian
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Location : In a meeting of the Society who puts things on top of other things

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 22, 2015 11:51 am

Superjuice wrote:How do I put this without bringing too much attention to it?  umm...

you spelled the name of the third singer for Petra wrong.

Hahahaha...yeah..merely a typo...I know how to spell it but typing on a cell phone keyboard means I am prone to screw up. You should see how many edits I make sometimes..just fixing stuff I typed wrong  Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Fri May 22, 2015 1:16 pm

Peter who was Vaak wrote:If he's going to lie about being in a band, why lie about being in Journey?  He could have picked a plethora of bands that are better.  Maybe nobody cared enough for Journey to actually research it?  Maybe people were like "Why would anyone lie about being in Journey?  He has to be a former member!"
I mean really! At least Fenholt had the sense to pick Sabbath.

The only thing lamer than a poser is a Christian poser.

Professor_Valconian wrote:

I'm going to stand up for Journey. One of my faves from late 70's, early 80's. Certainly not the hardest rockers, but great, great AOR band. Love Steve Perry. Awesome vocalist.
Actually, a great band.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Tue May 26, 2015 9:40 am

Some people believe the ends justifies the means. They think if they lie or tell half-truths for a good purpose that its ok.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Tue May 26, 2015 10:12 am

Journey, is like, the most legendary band in AOR.  Trying to hide the fib that you were once in this band is not going to fly. If you are going this route, pick a different band like Mister Mister, Toto, or Saga.  Alright, maybe not Toto.

Last edited by Superjuice on Tue May 26, 2015 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 26, 2015 10:33 am

d@v!d wrote:

Actually, a great band.

I read that there was a lot of confusion about the status of Sabbath at the time Fenholt was working with Iommi, and that Fenholt really thought (at the time) that it was Sabbath. Even Iommi admitted that there was a lot of confusion.

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Tue May 26, 2015 12:47 pm

NoOneIsHere wrote:
d@v!d wrote:

Actually, a great band.

I read that there was a lot of confusion about the status of Sabbath at the time Fenholt was working with Iommi, and that Fenholt really thought (at the time) that it was Sabbath. Even Iommi admitted that there was a lot of confusion.
The thing is if one does a tour or an album with a band, then he  can say he was in the band. If you sing for a couple of shows, do a few rehearsals, or sings as a guest on a few songs, then you really don't have any businesses claiming that bands fame. These guys were peripheral at best and that's even doubtful.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Tue May 26, 2015 1:28 pm

I think he would been in his rights to simply say that he worked with Iommi in the past....and left it at that.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 27, 2015 9:17 am

d@vid, S6

One thing you forget, Fenholt and Iommi were probably so wasted they can't even be sure they are remembering what was real and what wasn't...  drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken

Just Joking

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down