The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The strawmen topic the mods can do nothing about

+5
alldatndensum
Kerrick
eatbugs
d@v!d
bjorn agin
9 posters

Go down

The strawmen topic the mods can do nothing about Empty The strawmen topic the mods can do nothing about

Post by bjorn agin Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:04 am

Well.. I found a way to talk about a "Straw men" topic on here and not get in trouble with the mods.

Yep, that's right. Exo's ban trigger finger may be itching, but this topic is completely within the rules of the forum. You can add replies to this topic all that you want and be safe.

Let's talk about....

This CD is actually a decent little project. For those who don't know, this material (and the band members) served as the incubator for the "Pray Naked" era of The 77's. (Two Strawmen tunes are covered on that album). The only thing I find annoying about this album is the fake drums.

Razz
bjorn agin
bjorn agin
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

The strawmen topic the mods can do nothing about Empty Re: The strawmen topic the mods can do nothing about

Post by d@v!d Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:04 am

Good one! Ha!
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

The strawmen topic the mods can do nothing about Empty Re: The strawmen topic the mods can do nothing about

Post by eatbugs Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:34 am

I always meant to get this but never did.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:35 am

Wrong section!  Locked!  Banned!  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Razz

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:40 am

I have this disc!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:43 am

Actually, there are two: At Home and Saving Faded Dreams.  Been forever since I listened to them. D'oh!

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:24 pm

I don't have this disc.  I almost am missing one in my back as I have a degenerative disc.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:52 pm

Ba-Dm-Psh!!!  Monkey Biz

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtreads Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:05 pm

never knew this  - now I want them or at least the music - where can I get it ???
bigtreads
bigtreads
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:13 am

Amazon has both discs.  SFD is pricey at $18; AH, about $12.

Back to top Go down

Post by bjorn agin Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:23 pm

I never knew they had a second disc. How is it?
bjorn agin
bjorn agin
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by bjorn agin Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:24 pm

alldatndensum wrote:I almost am missing one in my back as I have a degenerative disc.

Would that be a punk disc?
bjorn agin
bjorn agin
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by bjorn agin Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:30 pm

Looks like Brent's Christian Rock and Metal has At Home for $5.
bjorn agin
bjorn agin
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:47 pm

bjorn agin wrote:I never knew they had a second disc. How is it?
It's pretty good.  A 2003 release, with nine years between the two.

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:10 pm

bjorn agin wrote:Well.. I found a way to talk about a "Straw men" topic on here and not get in trouble with the mods.

Yep, that's right. Exo's ban trigger finger may be itching, but this topic is completely within the rules of the forum. You can add replies to this topic all that you want and be safe.

Let's talk about....

This CD is actually a decent little project. For those who don't know, this material (and the band members) served as the incubator for the "Pray Naked" era of The 77's. (Two Strawmen tunes are covered on that album). The only thing I find annoying about this album is the fake drums.

Razz

"3. Keep in mind that this is a CHRISTIAN FORUM and you are expected to treat others with respect. Postings which attack others personally or suggest that members lack true faith in God will not be tolerated. Any posts that are deemed to be directed in hate or malice towards any individual or group may be removed/closed WITHOUT NOTIFICATION. "

[size=28]Since this thread was obviously directed my way hatefully and maliciously, I absolutely CAN by CMR rules, lock it and ban you for eternity.  So there. tongue

"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by bjorn agin Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:02 pm

umm... I was joking.  tongue

I was off CMR for a couple weeks tending to the rest of my life. I came back and there was a bunch of locked Tourniquet threads and heated discussions about how we treat animals (or at least I think they were heated. My eyes glazed over and I clicked on other topics.) It seemed like tensions were high, so I decided to plant my tongue firmly in my cheek and create this here topic to lighten the mood. Yes it was a joke at the moderators expense, but I figured we could poke a little fun at you guys.

And yeah, I do see the little smiley at the end of what you wrote. So I know there is a is at least a hint of sarcasm in what you wrote.

Moral of the story: I come here for fun and to talk about metal and music and general. We are not always going to agree with each other. Let's stick to having some fun and treat each other nicely. If we do that, I think we will be ok.
bjorn agin
bjorn agin
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:04 pm

Oh, it was all in good fun, so don't sweat it

"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by bjorn agin Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:29 am

The strawmen topic the mods can do nothing about Garth10

Party on!
bjorn agin
bjorn agin
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Driven Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:00 pm

Oh, you and your strawmen arguments...
Driven
Driven
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://danielbandfan.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:31 pm

Ok, so strawmen are ok here, but what about ad hominems?

messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down