The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christian Music March Madness Bracket

4 posters

Go down

Christian Music March Madness Bracket Empty Christian Music March Madness Bracket

Post by eatbugs Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:47 am

Anyone see this?  There's enough rock/metal in there that we can stack the bracket I think. Metal 3

http://www.familymissionculture.com/blog/2015/2/24/march-madness-best-christian-artist-of-all-time-bracket

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Christian Music March Madness Bracket Empty Re: Christian Music March Madness Bracket

Post by Superjuice Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:41 am

Whiteheart: only a 15 seed...
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Christian Music March Madness Bracket Empty Re: Christian Music March Madness Bracket

Post by eatbugs Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:15 pm

No Larry Norman.  No Steve Taylor.  No Rez Band.  Only one true metal band: Stryper (unless you count POD).  It wasn't written for us though.  I figure enough votes for Stryper, Petra, Skillet, etc. can upset all the pop in there.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:16 pm

eatbugs wrote:No Larry Norman.  No Steve Taylor.  No Rez Band.  Only one true metal band: Stryper (unless you count POD).  It wasn't written for us though.  I figure enough votes for Stryper, Petra, Skillet, etc. can upset all the pop in there.
Funny, Stryper and POD outsold most the pop bands on there yet they're only 7 and 12 seeds...
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Friday13th Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:42 pm

Guys, frickin' SONSEED is in there...and beating someone.
  Rolf 2
Friday13th
Friday13th
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:24 am

eatbugs wrote:No Larry Norman.  No Steve Taylor.  No Rez Band.  Only one true metal band: Stryper (unless you count POD).  It wasn't written for us though.  I figure enough votes for Stryper, Petra, Skillet, etc. can upset all the pop in there.

Those omissions are tragedies!!  Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:53 pm

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:21 pm

I voted again! Just like a Chicago election!  Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:30 am

Carman vs. Newsboys--I'm going for "asteroid hitting the arena".

I do love the Petra vs. The Gaithers matchup.
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:49 pm

messiaen77 wrote:Carman vs. Newsboys--I'm going for "asteroid hitting the arena".

In sports I call that "every player on both sides has a game-ending injury" game.

Intriguing are the potential Sweet 16 matchups.  Petra vs. Stryper is a match I want to see.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:52 pm

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:24 pm

I can't believe they really thought Sandi/Sandy Patty/Patti was ranked that low.  I can't believe Rich Mullins was knocked out by Jesus Culture.  Lots of interesting matchups here--Amy vs. Sandi, Petra vs. Stryper, DC Talk vs. Lecrae
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:27 pm

Amy owns Sandi, not even close. Stryper > Petra.  DC Talk's catalog IMO > Lecrae.

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:30 am

I'm with you Neal Morse Code, unfortunately most voters weren't.  New link:

http://www.familymissionculture.com/blog/2015/3/26/elite-8-best-christian-artist-of-all-time

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:20 am

I just saw the finals have come down to Chris Tomlin vs. Hillsong United.  Seriously?  The "best Christian artist of all time" comes down to these two?  Turn off the lights folks, it's all over.
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:52 am

That's what "Christian music" is for at least the last decade.  It's half-acoustic worship artists who write for church services, not pop radio.  Granted, my church uses Tomlin and Hillsong worship songs in worship services and it works great, but as pop radio?!?

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:03 am

I'm not going to deny that they don't have some very good songs, but the fact that anyone thinks either one of these is the best of all time just really makes me sad.
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down