The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cars

+13
MikeInFla
exo
Grindboy
Staybrite
Blake
Gandalf the White
alldatndensum
nairtoons
oldschooldoom
metaldude
Hardcore Christian
d@v!d
Kerrick
17 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Cars Empty Cars

Post by Kerrick Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:05 pm

I am currently in the market for a new car.  Cool   Been saving up for a while now and I finally have enough to get me something decent.  I've been driving a 2000 Dodge Stratus for the past few years and it's FINALLY time for a change.  It's been a decent car... but not exactly the most sporty haha.  I'm looking at the Mazda 3's or possibly Ford Focus - both in the hatchback style.  Any recommendations?  I'm going to be test-driving some cars with my dad this weekend and thought I'd ask y'all if you had any input.

That being said, what kind of cars do YOU drive?  What's your dream car?  Your first car?  Done any engine work lately?  I thought it'd be fun to have a thread dedicated to everything car-related!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Cars Empty Re: Cars

Post by Kerrick Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:05 pm

I'm also going to be taking my M1 permit test soon so I can [legally] ride motorcycles.  afro

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:13 pm

Kerrick wrote:I am currently in the market for a new car.  Cool   Been saving up for a while now and I finally have enough to get me something decent.  I've been driving a 2000 Dodge Stratus for the past few years and it's FINALLY time for a change.  It's been a decent car... but not exactly the most sporty haha.  I'm looking at the Mazda 3's or possibly Ford Focus - both in the hatchback style.  Any recommendations?  I'm going to be test-driving some cars with my dad this weekend and thought I'd ask y'all if you had any input.

That being said, what kind of cars do YOU drive?  What's your dream car?  Your first car?  Done any engine work lately?  I thought it'd be fun to have a thread dedicated to everything car-related!
Mazda 3 looks nicer. Focus is more economic, I think.

Dream: 1985 Celica GTS

Drive: Scion Xa: inexpensive, economic enough, un-sporty enough to keep me alive, reliable.

1st: 1977 Mark V

No.

Last edited by d@v!d on Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:38 pm

Drive: 2006 Hyundai Elantra

1st: 1975 Pontiac Ventura

No.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:05 pm

My dream car is a pickup truck that gets all the miles per gallon.

Or if you want the cars I dream about, you'll probably have to sweep them up/peel them off of the highway...

Last edited by undead toaster on Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:05 pm

You should get the all new Ferrari "The Ferrari" Very Happy

Cars Ferrari-LeFerrari-Front
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:29 pm

I've got a 2015 Toyota Corolla, and absolutely love it. Got the sport package,  so it looks good, has a good sound system from the factory, and it's great on gas. I'm saving enough in gas to make about 2/3 of the payment (no exaggeration).
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:31 pm

Nice Metaldude!  I should probably test drive one of those.  My friend has a slightly older one that he really likes a lot and has been a great car for him.

Heh, thanks Hardcore but maybe I should have specified my price range...  Less than a million dollars.  Wink  Nah, I've been saving for a long time and am looking to spend ~11k on a car.  I'm of the mindset buy-once, cry-once.  I should be keeping this car for a long time if it suits me well.

My first car was a 1965 Mustang Fastback.  I still have it though it needs some work.  It's a super fun car though: V8, four-speed manual, etc.

My dad converted my dirtbike into a dualsport.  Later this month we're taking the motorcycles to Death Valley with my mom, sister, her boyfriend, and his dad.  Should be a fun trip!

As for car work...  Recently my dad and I replaced the belts in my Stratus.  That was kinda a hassle but much better than paying someone $300 for it.  I also helped my friend replace his water pump which was QUITE the project...  We got it though.  That weekend my dad and I helped another friend replace his brakes and then the two of us replaced the stereo in my parents' truck.  Lots of car work for me lately!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:32 pm

If you go the Ford Focus route, avoid the troubled auto trans. Ford is aware but will not address the issue.
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:39 pm

^Yup.  I am well aware of that...  My mom actually had a recent (2012?) Focus and had a lot of issues with it.  She sent it back to the factory a couple times but it never got truly fixed so she sold it and got a Mazda 3 (what a copycat, I was looking at those first dangit!).  If I do end up with a Focus, it'll definitely be manual.  I'd like to find a 3 in manual but haven't seen any listed on Craigslist yet.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:40 pm

Kerrick wrote:Heh, thanks Hardcore but maybe I should have specified my price range...  Less than a million dollars.  Wink  Nah, I've been saving for a long time and am looking to spend ~11k on a car.  I'm of the mindset buy-once, cry-once.  I should be keeping this car for a long time if it suits me well.
Razz  I know I should probably give some "real" car suggestions.

I agree with david
Scions are great cars my fave is the XB
Cars Xb03

The 2015 model is around $16,000
Id personally buy a model from a couple years ago which are around 10k

I dont my advice will be taken seriously now Razz
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:53 pm

^^or you could drive a very bright orange toaster^^
jocolor
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:06 pm

Hardcore Christian wrote:
Kerrick wrote:Heh, thanks Hardcore but maybe I should have specified my price range...  Less than a million dollars.  Wink  Nah, I've been saving for a long time and am looking to spend ~11k on a car.  I'm of the mindset buy-once, cry-once.  I should be keeping this car for a long time if it suits me well.

I agree with david

Actually, I like the 1st gen Xb and would drive one if I had control of my life.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:09 pm

d@v!d wrote:

I agree with david

Actually, I like the 1st gen Xb and would drive one if I had control of my life.
Its a funny story when my family bought ours
We were going to buy the first gen "boxier" one from 07'
When our friend who was a car dealer at the time told us under the radar the first 2nd gen ones showed up so we bought ours a couple months before they were released which was pretty cool
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by nairtoons Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:46 pm

I'm still driving a 1988 Buick Lesabre
Would love to get a newer Buick but would stay away from the ones with bluetooth and buildt in gps.
nairtoons
nairtoons
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:40 am

My current vehicle is a 2006 GMC Canyon that I bought from my mother-in-law three years ago.  I was my wife's daddy's truck.  My wife's mom sold it to me after he died.  It only had 46,000 miles on it and I got it for a song.  It now has 103,000.

My previous truck was a 2002 Ford Ranger.  Say all you want about a Ford, but all I did to in over the 10 years and 220,000 miles we were together was change a water pump and redo the brakes.  I kept the oil changed and new spark plugs & wires changed regularly and she was still running like a top when I sold it.  I probably should have kept it, but I was looking at mileage overall and wondering how much longer the Ranger would last.

My dream vehicle would be one of the new Dodge Challengers.  Those look amazing!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf the White Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:30 am

My first car was a 1977 Chevy pickup - Bonanza, the quarter ton. It had a 350 bored out to 383 with 411 gears. It sucked gas but it was loud and fast.

My dream car? I don't know... I like the new Challengers, like alldat said. But I also like the 69 Dodge Charger that was on the Dukes of Hazzard.

My current car is a 2003 Buick Century. I bought it from my gandpa with about 60000 miles on it back in 2012. It now has 110,000 and still runs great, although I've had to replace the brakes and the catalytic converter, along with regular oil changes.
Gandalf the White
Gandalf the White
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:26 am

Here is what I drive. Just bought it last December and I love it, very fun car to drive and received accolades for its 5 star crash rating. You can get it in Hatchback or Sedan:

2014 Chevrolet Sonic LTZ Turbo (click for bigger pic):

Pics of mine:

Cars 20141210

Cars 20141211

And a stock photo for side view:

Cars 2014-c10
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://reanimatedradio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:30 am

d@v!d wrote:

I agree with david

When our friend who was a car dealer at the time told us under the radar the first 2nd gen ones showed up so we bought ours a couple months before they were released which was pretty cool
Nice! I prefer the body of the 1st gen more though, but the 2nd gen is nice too. I see them as almost 2 different cars.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:33 am

Metal Blessing Radio wrote:Here is what I drive. Just bought it last December and I love it, very fun car to drive and received accolades for its 5 star crash rating. You can get it in Hatchback or Sedan:

Pics of mine:

Cars 20141210

Cars 20141211

Cars 2014-c10
I like it!
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:29 pm

First Car: 1997 Plymouth Sapporo (lemon)

Current Car: 2014 Kia Forte (good fuel economy & fantastic warranty)

Dream car: 1967 Ford Fairlane (preferably convertible)

Engine work: no thank you
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Grindboy Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:36 pm

I actually drive a Mazda 3, 2007 I think? It's still new enough that I would be pretty disappointed if it had any major problems, but it's been fine. I always thought they looked sharp and should be reasonably reliable as well as being economical both to buy and run (gas), and so it made a good fit for me. I suppose it's been all of those things, but again I'm not TOO impressed until it's been good for another couple years.

First car: 1988 Nissan Pulsar

Current: 2007 Mazda 3

Dream: I guess something with better clearance and 4wd for those tough trailheads and unmaintained roads, but still drives like a sedan and doesn't hurt my bank account to buy or keep filled with gas. Hey, you said "dream!"

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:42 pm

Metal Blessing Radio wrote:Here is what I drive. Just bought it last December and I love it, very fun car to drive and received accolades for its 5 star crash rating. You can get it in Hatchback or Sedan:

Pics of mine:

Cars 20141210

Cars 20141211

Cars 2014-c10

There are a few of those for sale around here.  My dad and I are going test-driving cars this weekend; this is on my list of cars to drive.  Smile  You got the Turbo with the Ecotec engine?  Is it pretty peppy?  This is the model I'd be looking at getting.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:45 pm

d@v!d wrote:
d@v!d wrote:

I agree with david

Nice! I prefer the body of the 1st gen more though, but the 2nd gen is nice too. I see them as almost 2 different cars.
I agree queen

Have you seen the new Scion super carish model called the FRS?
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:50 pm

Hardcore Christian wrote:Have you seen the new Scion super carish model called the FRS?
Even though I live in Tesla-ville, I do see a fair amount of FRS's and the occasional IQ.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next