The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please pray for my idiot brother in law

4 posters

Go down

Please pray for my idiot brother in law Empty Please pray for my idiot brother in law

Post by messiaen77 Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:21 am

(disclaimer: yeah, my attitude isn't right about this yet, I'm still in the "anger" stage and am working on it.)

As the title says, I'm asking you to please pray for my idiot brother in law and his family. He recently had to take a disability retirement from his job because of a degenerative nerve disorder that has basically eaten away the sensory receptors in his nerves, so he has lost all feeling in his feet/lower legs and hands, causing him to have difficulty walking, standing, and holding stuff, let alone drive a car (he was one of the enforcement officers who checks to make sure semi drivers are legal, anyway he has to drive because neither of his kids has a license and his wife's license was suspended for DUI). The doctors say the disorder is only common among people who have had some serious chemo, severe liver disease, or lupus. Last time I saw him he was 6'3" about 210 lbs., and now my wife's parents say hes probably about 150-160. They've tested him for everything imaginable and everything comes back negative. His youngest son has been worried sick about him to the point where he has started going to counseling to help with the anxiety. Everyone is worried about him because no one knows what is causing the problem so they don't know what to treat. He's been really irritable and nasty to everyone around him to the point where his son has moved in with my wife's parents and his wife has asked him for a divorce. (Now, here's where the "idiot" comes in.) Just when we start thinking this is a case for House, a crucial piece of information comes out: THE BONEHEAD HAS BEEN DOING METH!!!!! Yeah, I know a lot of people do meth, but this is a guy who barely drinks, he's extremely intelligent, and a retired cop in an area where he got to see first hand what that garbage does to people. So all this time we've been feeling sorry for him because he caught a bad break and no one knows what to do about it, and it turns out he was probably doing it to himself!

Anyway, my anger aside, please pray for him to get better now that he's off the stuff (assuming he is) and for him to just straighten up and get his act together with as much divine intervention as needed. Thanks, and thanks to listening to my rant. I feel a lot better now.
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Please pray for my idiot brother in law Empty Re: Please pray for my idiot brother in law

Post by Through The Dark Radio Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:38 pm

Sending prayers.
Through The Dark Radio
Through The Dark Radio
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Please pray for my idiot brother in law Empty Re: Please pray for my idiot brother in law

Post by my perception Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:23 pm

Praying

my perception
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf the White Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:11 am

Praying. My best friend and my wife's best friend were druggies for a long time.

Also praying that he would see God in all this.
Gandalf the White
Gandalf the White
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:38 am

praying

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:57 pm

Thanks all for your prayers (and to those who are praying but didn't post it). Apparently he is getting clean because my mother-in-law says he looks healthier and has put some weight back on. His son is in counseling and seems to be doing well.
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down