The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jaw-Dropping New Melodic Rock!

+2
Staybrite
Follower of Jesus
6 posters

Go down

Jaw-Dropping New Melodic Rock! Empty Jaw-Dropping New Melodic Rock!

Post by Follower of Jesus Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:44 am

This is another "super group" featuring Deen Castronovo, Jack Blades and Doug Aldrich. This is about as good as melodic rock gets!!!

Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Jaw-Dropping New Melodic Rock! Empty Re: Jaw-Dropping New Melodic Rock!

Post by Staybrite Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:32 pm

I heard this the other day and it sounds like it is going to be absolutely fantastic.  Looking forward to the release.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Friday13th Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:55 pm

Shocked face palm Mad If you guys like this, fine, but nothing bothers me more than calling a style "melodic rock." It's even worse than saying "melodic metal." How does that help anyone know what they're going to hear? Could sound like Chuck Berry, The Ramones, or Linkin Park! I feel like I only hear it on Christian forums, too. Most of the time what people mean is late 70s AOR style hard rock. No exception here. Pleeeease. I beg you. No more.  Crying or Very sad No
Friday13th
Friday13th
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by arttieTHE1manparty Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:49 pm

This isn't 70's era AOR at all.  And Melodic Rock is a pretty well-established genre, usually referring more to 80's sounding hard rock with more modern production, a la bands like everything on the Kivel Records roster (Adriangale, No Love Lost, Tango Down, etc.), and numerous other bands such as House Of Lords, Revolution Saints, the current sound of Bangalore Choir and Europe, etc.  The guitars are usually big and not overly distorted or sleazy at all, and the vocals are clean and involve singing.  Big sounding production, lots of hooks and guitar solos.  Keys are generally a support instrument.

Arttie
arttieTHE1manparty
arttieTHE1manparty
The Strongest Man In The World
The Strongest Man In The World

http://www.Glitter2Gutter.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:12 pm

Friday13th wrote:Shocked face palm Mad If you guys like this, fine, but nothing bothers me more than calling a style "melodic rock." It's even worse than saying "melodic metal." How does that help anyone know what they're going to hear? Could sound like Chuck Berry, The Ramones, or Linkin Park! I feel like I only hear it on Christian forums, too. Most of the time what people mean is late 70s AOR style hard rock. No exception here. Pleeeease. I beg you. No more.  Crying or Very sad No

Check this out: An entire site devoted to "melodic rock" from a company called "Melodic Rock Records".  Some things featured on the site:

1. interview with Steve Augeri, Rick Springfield, and others.
  2. Reviews of albums by Foreigner, H.E.A.T., and (gasp) Sweet & Lynch.  
  3. Tour news for Night Ranger, Ace Frehley, Rush, among othres

And here are the results of a simple Google search of the term "melodic rock bands"

Please check your facts before you rant.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessrox Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:58 pm

Nice. Reminds me of foreigner / night Ranger/ Journey /mixed, with a bit heavier guitar tone. Very cool.
Jessrox
Jessrox
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Friday13th Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:31 pm

BearDad wrote:
Friday13th wrote:Shocked face palm Mad If you guys like this, fine, but nothing bothers me more than calling a style "melodic rock." It's even worse than saying "melodic metal." How does that help anyone know what they're going to hear? Could sound like Chuck Berry, The Ramones, or Linkin Park! I feel like I only hear it on Christian forums, too. Most of the time what people mean is late 70s AOR style hard rock. No exception here. Pleeeease. I beg you. No more.  Crying or Very sad No

Check this out: An entire site devoted to "melodic rock" from a company called "Melodic Rock Records".  Some things featured on the site:

1. interview with Steve Augeri, Rick Springfield, and others.
  2. Reviews of albums by Foreigner, H.E.A.T., and (gasp) Sweet & Lynch.  
  3. Tour news for Night Ranger, Ace Frehley, Rush, among othres

And here are the results of a simple Google search of the term "melodic rock bands"

Please check your facts before you rant.

I clicked the google search and saw the usual suspects at first. Yes, 80s bands that have copied the late 70s style. Then I kept scrolling and saw exactly what I expected. Every rock band that sings melodies in the history of ever Razz I'm not saying there aren't a few who use that term to identify themselves or other bands. But it's a silly non-descript title that I'm sure most use without having any knowledge that there is a very specific style of bands that is claiming these two fundamentals of modern music as their own. Lots of people say it to imply they don't listen to growls, screams, loud noises etc.

Journey, Foreigner...yeah that's what I was referring to. 

Oh, and if Rush is melodic rock then the whole thing falls apart.
Friday13th
Friday13th
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:12 pm

Another great band that was a "one off" was Soul Sirkus

There are two versions out there, one has Deen on drums and the other has someone else. The begining of the above songs sounds quite a but like Journey. These guys were supposed to open for Van Halen on the last reunion tour they did with Sammy and Michael (whenever that had that new song Up For Breakfast). Rumor was that Eddie shot the idea down because A. Sammy suggested it and Neal is his buddy and B. He was afraid of Neal's playing.

I tend to believe A or that is just didn't work out. Soul Sirkus disappeared just as fast as they appeared.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down