The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most polemical christian metal artists

+5
d@v!d
Airola
L8T
Hardcore Christian
Gandalf the White
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Most polemical christian metal artists Empty Most polemical christian metal artists

Post by Guest Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:47 pm

Now that the Stryper X Joshua discussion has ended in this forum, I have been wondering who are the most polemical artists in Christian metal Scene? Who  do you think uses its influence in music to make public critics to other people?

Back to top Go down

Most polemical christian metal artists Empty Re: Most polemical christian metal artists

Post by Gandalf the White Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:19 pm

Tourniquet is pretty critical of meat producers.
Gandalf the White
Gandalf the White
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Most polemical christian metal artists Empty Re: Most polemical christian metal artists

Post by Hardcore Christian Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:39 pm

Gandalf the White wrote:Tourniquet is pretty critical of meat producers.
cheers
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:55 pm

I think every Christian metal band I've ever listened to has been polemical in one way or another.

Therefore it is hard to tell who would be the most polemical.

Sometimes alot can be said with few words.

Last edited by Mortal on Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:52 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by L8T Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:25 am

Not metal, but, Steve Taylor.........from beginning to now.....

For examples:  I Want To Be A Clone, and, Squint.

Good thread, imo, about who is the "most" polemic...... Metal 2
L8T
L8T
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:31 am

Well, there was a time when there was an actual TOURNIQUET UNCENSORED discussion board created. Even Ted himself registered and wrote a long post to address all the accusations people threw at him and the band.

I recall it lasted only a few months until the discussion there just died. I guess people just needed to have their chance to vent, and once that was done, people just moved on.

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:36 am

Thiago-Brazil wrote:Now that the Stryper X Joshua discussion has ended in this forum, I have been wondering who are the most polemical artists in Christian metal Scene? Who  do you think uses its influence in music to make public critics to other people?
I think this is a hard question because I don't know of any Christian metal bands that are famous enough to be noticed for their polemic opinions.

The closest I can think of Dave Mustaine.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnycanuck Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:54 am

Brian Healy
johnnycanuck
johnnycanuck
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:12 pm

Neal Morse....for his non-trinitarian view of God.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf the White Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:27 pm

johnnycanuck wrote:Brian Healy
Good call
Gandalf the White
Gandalf the White
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:09 pm

d@v!d wrote:
Thiago-Brazil wrote:Now that the Stryper X Joshua discussion has ended in this forum, I have been wondering who are the most polemical artists in Christian metal Scene? Who  do you think uses its influence in music to make public critics to other people?
I think this is a hard question because I don't know of any Christian metal bands that are famous enough to be noticed for their polemic opinions.

The closest I can think of Dave Mustaine.
You know, the fame helps, though it is kind of a personal thing. Joshua Perahia is usually very polemic, he criticizes the US president a lot! Chris Impellitteri also uses the social medias to make lots of critics to many people.

I can also state Dale Thompson due to his opinion about salvation and hell, that leads to universalists theories. Maybe he didn't intended to be polemic, but it has been food for many discussions at this forum.

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:21 pm

Thiago-Brazil wrote:
I can also state Dale Thompson due to his opinion about salvation and hell, that leads to universalists theories. Maybe he didn't intended to be polemic, but it has been food for many discussions at this forum.

I second Dale Thompson.

I believe that being " polemic " over things like style and such are kind of " small potatoes " in comparison to the theological issues.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:54 pm

Airola wrote:Well, there was a time when there was an actual TOURNIQUET UNCENSORED discussion board created. Even Ted himself registered and wrote a long post to address all the accusations people threw at him and the band.

I recall it lasted only a few months until the discussion there just died. I guess people just needed to have their chance to vent, and once that was done, people just moved on.

Is this still available to read ?
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by MadKraken Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:13 pm

Honestly a little fuzzy on the definition of "polemical". Does this count?

MadKraken
MadKraken
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:22 am

sentient 6 wrote:
Airola wrote:Well, there was a time when there was an actual TOURNIQUET UNCENSORED discussion board created. Even Ted himself registered and wrote a long post to address all the accusations people threw at him and the band.

I wasn't going to ask this, but as you did, I confess that I would love to read this.

I remember reading a interview with Ritter where he says, among other accusations, that the song Caixa de Raiva(Box Rage)  from Microscopic View of a Telescopic Realm was addressed to him. This is a polemic topic.

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:29 pm

Thiago-Brazil wrote:
I remember reading a interview with Ritter where he says, among other accusations, that the song Caixa de Raiva(Box Rage)  from Microscopic View of a Telescopic Realm was addressed to him. This is a polemic topic.

..this was all I could find..

http://www.guyritter.com/echohollow/interviews/index.html
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:34 pm

sentient 6 wrote:

If you could find out the url, you might be able to find it in the wayback.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:09 pm

sentient 6 wrote:

Like, d@v1d said, probably with the "wayback machine" on archive.org you could find it.... IF only someone could remember the URL.

I've tried to find it a few times, but never succeeded.

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:24 pm

Thiago-Brazil wrote:
I remember reading a interview with Ritter where he says, among other accusations, that the song Caixa de Raiva(Box Rage)  from Microscopic View of a Telescopic Realm was addressed to him.

Does anyone know the gist of this ?
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:39 pm

Thiago-Brazil wrote:
sentient 6 wrote:

I wasn't going to ask this, but as you did, I confess that I would love to read this.

Here's the interview:
http://www.bbillett.freeserve.co.uk/Guyinterviews/hm2.htm

It's a great interview! It was done in 2007.

This Caixa de Raiva thing wasn't Ritter's idea. It was brought up in internet forums where someone began analyzing the lyrics. For example, he connected the "no morning cup of coffee" part in the lyrics to Guy's Monday Morning Coffee webpage that had Guy writing about things, and the "Six years and counting" part he connected to the years since Guy's departure from Tourniquet, which was more or less accurate.

I believe several people emailed Guy about this finding. That interview was the first and only time Guy himself brought it up. Up until that no-one really knew if Guy had read the email or if he believed it or if he even cared about it. Apparently he believed it.

Luke Easter himself has denied the connection.

....which brings me to....

Roger Martinez' WARPATH OF THE FATHERLESS discussion board! You can find it with Wayback Machine, but you can't access any of the posts as the forum required you to log in before showing anything. Roger would rant about things there, and once put all the Vengeance Rising albums downloadable for free. Now, the most interesting thing was that this forum had a short-lived section where different more or less controversial artist's came to answer questions fans (and not-fans) wanted to ask. I can't really remember much about it but if I recall correctly, at least Brian Khairullah wrote there and I also remember Luke Easter writing there and talking about his relationship with Gary Lenaire while he was still in the band (Gary was a great friend to Luke). And if I remember it right, it was that forum where Luke denied the accusations of Caixa de Raiva being about Guy Ritter. It could be that he also denied it on the Firestream forum or the band's own forum - can't really remember.

This was all in 2007, some time after the interview with Guy Ritter was published.

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:52 pm

Not Metal but Five Iron Frenzy maybe? Heck, im surprised the video for Zen and the Art of Xenophobia hasnt gotten more controversy:

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf the White Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:16 pm

WildWorld wrote:Not Metal but Five Iron Frenzy maybe? Heck, im surprised the video for Zen and the Art of Xenophobia hasnt gotten more controversy:

I'm very surprised no one in the evangelical community has torn this video to shreds yet.

That being said, I love FIF and this song is actually a favorite.
Gandalf the White
Gandalf the White
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:20 pm

sentient 6 wrote:
Thiago-Brazil wrote:
I remember reading a interview with Ritter where he says, among other accusations, that the song Caixa de Raiva(Box Rage)  from Microscopic View of a Telescopic Realm was addressed to him.

As far as I am concerned, lots of disagreements regarding Tourniquet and its future. But there was a lot of things going on with Guy and Ted at the time and I don't know if anyone has once exposed on internet what really happened in details.

I guess we should ask Gary Lenaire about that, as he was in the band and in a neutral side, as he remained in Tourniquet for a couple of years and then left to form a band with Guy. I mean, at that time, he kept his friendship with both.

As a fan, I wish the departure hadn't had happened so early. The first three Tourniquet albums Absolutely smokes! Their best releases ever!

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:45 pm

Thiago-Brazil wrote:
sentient 6 wrote:
Thiago-Brazil wrote:

As far as I am concerned, lots of disagreements regarding Tourniquet and its future. But there was a lot of things going on with Guy and Ted at the time and I don't know if anyone has once exposed on internet what really happened in details.

I guess we should ask Gary Lenaire about that, as he was in the band and in a neutral side, as he remained in Tourniquet for a couple of years and then left to form a band with Guy. I mean, at that time, he kept his friendship with both.

As a fan, I wish the departure hadn't had happened so early. The first three Tourniquet albums Absolutely smokes! Their best releases ever!
My subjective interpretation of the events at the time were that since Guy's live performance wasn't what one heard in the studio that it led to his dismissal.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:42 pm

d@v!d wrote:
Thiago-Brazil wrote:
sentient 6 wrote:
Thiago-Brazil wrote:

My subjective interpretation of the events at the time were that since Guy's live performance wasn't what one heard in the studio that it led to his dismissal.
Well, you know that in studio you can make whatever you want. playing live though, it is live! You can do only what you can with confidence.

I ever questioned myself if that could be the real reason. And it might have been, but I guess that it wasn't the only reason, mainly because Ted looked a bit angry in Caixa de Raiva. It could be much easier if Tourniquet juSt let Guy go.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next