The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Grandfather

+5
sentient 6
My Awesome Timothy
Jessrox
Peter who was Vaak
Kerrick
9 posters

Go down

My Grandfather Empty My Grandfather

Post by Kerrick Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:24 pm

My mom just sent out the below email to a number of my family members.  A little backstory first though:  My grandfather is in the final stages of his battle with cancer and currently in Hospice care.  He has always been a tough guy who had it all and therefore no "need" for God.  But as his life here has been coming to an end, he's turned a complete 180.

Kerrick's Mom wrote:Dear Siblings and "kids",

I just have to say I am in awe at how Dad has reached out to God and found Him! I had such a neat visit with Dad and Mom yesterday. Dad was asking me lots of questions about the Bible, and they invited me to be there when the Hospice Chaplain Ed came for a visit. It was fun! Dad's pain level was only about a "5" and he was teasing Ed, but asking sincere questions and wanting to know more. He said he feels God's presence in his body and his soul, and he so appreciates all the prayers that so very many people have been saying on his behalf. He even called [Kerrick's mom's work*] and thanked [Kerrick's mom's coworker] when she answered the phone for the prayers of all the office gals. Naturally, she was in tears afterwards. It was so very sweet. Dad knows that [Kerrick's aunt and uncle's] small group, our small group, and so many of Mom and Dad's friends have been praying for him.

Mom says that Dad is exhibiting all of the signs that the Hospice brochures lists as indicating the last "hours or days" of a person's life. Only God knows when Dad's last breath on earth will be, but we have the assurance that he will spend eternity in heaven, and in that he has peace, and for those of us who believe that God is who He says He is and we believe His Word and His promises to be true, we also have peace through this desperately sad time.

Loving our God of all Comfort, and loving you,
[Kerrick's Mom]

Praise God for my grandfather's new-found seeking of Him!  Prayers for my family are appreciated, specifically for my grandmother who still has good health: that she may continue seeking God once my grandfather is gone.  Thanks all!

*My mom works at a private Christian school

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

My Grandfather Empty Re: My Grandfather

Post by Peter who was Vaak Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:11 pm

That's great to hear he's turning towards God!  Praise the Lord!  I will definitely pray for your family man.
Peter who was Vaak
Peter who was Vaak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessrox Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:45 pm

Hallelujah!
Jessrox
Jessrox
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:06 am

That's AWESOME news.
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:11 pm

Praise God and His glorious grace !
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:39 am

Sorry to hear about your Grandfather's battle, but the other news is great news!

Back to top Go down

Post by Noods Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:33 am

Will be praying for your family.
Noods
Noods
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:25 am

I'll pray. What great mercy!
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:11 pm

Thank you again everyone for your prayers.  Last night my grandfather passed away.  So far as I know, it was peacefully.  I'm grateful he was in the comfort of his own home with family by his side.  Please continue to pray for my grandmother especially, as well as all his loved ones.  Praise God that my grandfather got to know Him before he passed.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:13 pm

Praise the Lord for my new brother in Christ. He's now sitting with our Father in Heaven and I can't wait to meet your grandfather someday!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:19 pm

Thanks Adam.  My uncle wrote up a nice post on Facebook:

Kerrick's uncle wrote:
Jack Douglas Kuehl passed away January 18th at his residence in Boulder Creek after his year long battle with cancer at the age of 80. His wife Renee was at his side.
Born in Flint, Michigan, Jack graduated from high school in Illinois and then attended Michigan State. He moved to California in 1960 and shortly thereafter started his lifelong career of building homes. First in Aptos, then in Boulder Creek Jack established his family home in Santa Cruz County. One of his largest building projects was working with Mr. Culligan to construct the original 100 condominiums at the Boulder Creek Golf and Country Club in 1967. His current home of Meadowood was built in 1973 where five family generations have since resided.
Jack joined the Boulder Creek Fire Department in the 1960s as a firefighter for several years, later returning as fire commissioner in 1991 where he maintained this ranking until the week of his passing.
Jack is survived by his wife of 50 years, Renee, children Diane Ruby of Chico, David Philleo of Scotts Valley, Jerryne King of Scotts Valley, John Kuehl of Monterey and Steve Kuehl of Boulder Creek. He has three sisters, Phyllis Starkey in Florida, Marsha Velders in Illinois and Karen Barworth in Colorado. He also has nine grandchildren, and two great-grandchildren.
Jack requested that any donations in his memory be made to the Boulder Creek Fire Department or Hospice of Santa Cruz County. At Jack’s request no services are being planned. If anyone has any remembrances Renee has asked for those people to please contact her.

My Grandfather 10802004_10205976004627287_5982252217842984541_n

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf the White Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:34 pm

Sorry to hear it bro. Praying for you and your family.
Gandalf the White
Gandalf the White
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:08 am

Immeasurable good news when there is hope of God's grace active in a life, even in it's last hour. Praise God for the good report of the gospel. I'll pray for your family.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:41 am

Praise God!
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

https://lotsofmuzik.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:26 am

Thanks everyone.  I love you  Although if you'd like, you can channel your prayers to my friend who's in my Bible study.  This week his mother died of cancer.  She was to go into chemotherapy this week so it was a bit of a surprise.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down