The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum Mobile Version

5 posters

Go down

Forum Mobile Version Empty Forum Mobile Version

Post by KaramKaram Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:28 pm

For those of us who use Mobile version of the forum I just added a script in order to navigate those topics with lots of pages easily, now you can jump to the last page without having to go page per page to the last one. 

Enjoy!
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

https://lotsofmuzik.com/

Back to top Go down

Forum Mobile Version Empty Re: Forum Mobile Version

Post by Guest Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:05 pm

Cool. Now can you make the ads stop redirecting me to a site that opens the app store? It's gotten so bad I can't even access the forum with my iPhone.

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:09 pm

I used the mobile version when I first joined. Now I use the desktop option. I find it much easier to use, even on a phone.
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:13 pm

BearDad wrote:Cool. Now can you make the ads stop redirecting me to a site that opens the app store? It's gotten so bad I can't even access the forum with my iPhone.
Trying to find a solution for that problem, can you send me screenshots, that way I can work with forumotion people
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:27 pm

KaramKaram wrote:For those of us who use Mobile version of the forum I just added a script in order to navigate those topics with lots of pages easily, now you can jump to the last page without having to go page per page to the last one. 

Enjoy!

Awesome; thanks so much!  That is so much better!!!  When viewing on my phone, I'd always go to the desktop version because of that.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:39 pm

KaramKaram wrote:
BearDad wrote:Cool. Now can you make the ads stop redirecting me to a site that opens the app store? It's gotten so bad I can't even access the forum with my iPhone.
Trying to find a solution for that problem, can you send me screenshots, that way I can work with forumotion people

It only happens on my iPhone, and it is so quick it appears to simply open the app store.  iPhones, like most smartphones, are "one at a time app" devices, so when the app store opens the browser drops to the background. So when I close the app store I'm on the home screen, and when I try to reopen Safari it attempts to load the last page it had open, which is a blank page that I only see for a split second before the app store opens again.  I have to be very quick to bring up the bookmarks and go somewhere else so that Safari doesn't get locked into the redirecting page.  And it's not consistent either; I haven't been able to predict when it will happen, nor is it just in a thread; sometimes it happens on the main list page. That said, I'll try to get a screen capture of the redirect page if I can.

BTW, I just read Kerrick's post. The above always happens on the full desktop version. I've never used the mobile version because of the pain in trying to get to the end of the long thread. However, now that you've added that script I'll try using it and will let you know if the if the ad-hop continues.

Last edited by BearDad on Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:52 pm

KaramKaram wrote:For those of us who use Mobile version of the forum I just added a script in order to navigate those topics with lots of pages easily, now you can jump to the last page without having to go page per page to the last one. 

Enjoy!
Thank you!
Kerrick wrote:Awesome; thanks so much!  That is so much better!!!  When viewing on my phone, I'd always go to the desktop version because of that.
I also.
BearDad wrote:It only happens on my iPhone, and it is so quick it appears to simply open the app store.  iPhones, like most smartphones, are "one at a time app" devices, so when the app store opens the browser drops to the background. So when I close the app store I'm on the screen, and when I try to reopen Safari it attempts to load the last page it had open, which is a blank page that I only see for a split second before the app store opens again.  I have to be very quick to bring up the bookmarks and go somewhere else so that Safari doesn't get locked into the redirecting page.  And it's not consistent either; I haven't been able to predict when it will happen, nor is it just in a thread; sometimes it happens on the main list page. That said, I'll try to get a screen capture of the redirect page if I can.

BTW, I just read Kerrick's post. The above always happens on the full desktop version. I've never used the mobile version because of the pain in trying to get to the end of the long thread. However, now that you've added that script I'll try using it and will let you know if the if the ad-hop continues.
That is a very good description of my experience as well. Although I get it on the mobile version also.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:54 pm

I don't have any issues... but I have a Samsung Galaxy S3, not an iPhone.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:57 pm

I have an iPhone 5s and have never encountered that problem.

I will contact forumotion and will provide them with the info you just wrote beardad. I hope this is solved quickly
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:12 pm

KaramKaram wrote:I have an iPhone 5s and have never encountered that problem.

I will contact forumotion and will provide them with the info you just wrote beardad. I hope this is solved quickly
That's a thought. I'm on IOS 7 still. Maybe 8 is immune. What's you're IOS beerdude? Wink
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:22 pm

d@v!d wrote:

That's a thought. I'm on IOS 7 still. Maybe 8 is immune. What's you're IOS beerdude? Wink

Latest and greatest. My contract ran out last Summer so I waited until I could get an iPhone 6, and I keep it up to date with the latest iOS.  Sorry to destroy your theory, but iOS is not immune.

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:24 pm

BearDad wrote:
d@v!d wrote:

Latest and greatest. My contract ran out last Summer so I waited until I could get an iPhone 6, and I keep it up to date with the latest iOS.  Sorry to destroy your theory, but iOS is not immune.
No destruction. A very helpful response. I can continue to feel good about staying on 7.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:26 am

I found an article that talks about the unwanted ad redirection. It offers no hope though.
https://blog.malwarebytes.org/malvertising-2/2014/02/ad2store-redirections-the-latest-annoyance-for-mobile-users/
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:14 pm

My iPod got slammed with them yesterday while here, they would pop up before an entire thread even opened making it impossible to even read a thread. So I stopped using my iPod at the time and switched to my droid and had no issues. No issues on my iPod today as of yet.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:22 pm

MikeInFla wrote:My iPod got slammed with them yesterday while here, they would pop up before an entire thread even opened making it impossible to even read a thread. So I stopped using my iPod at the time and switched to my droid and had no issues. No issues on my iPod today as of yet.
I'm on iphone. It's off and on, mostly on though. Say hello to IE 3.0 Win98 days anyone?
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:30 pm

A mobile version of CMR?  YAY!!!!!!! 

Forum Mobile Version Funny-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:31 pm