The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I've been busy and haven't been on CMR much lately.

+7
Hardcore Christian
KaramKaram
Kerrick
Gandalf the White
Staybrite
alldatndensum
bjorn agin
11 posters

Go down

I've been busy and haven't been on CMR much lately. Empty I've been busy and haven't been on CMR much lately.

Post by bjorn agin Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:43 am

My visits to CMR have been more infrequent as of late. I blame this little guy (pictured here with my daughter):

I've been busy and haven't been on CMR much lately. Livand10

This is Dan, he was born on 12/6 and spent three weeks in the hospital weaning off of methadone. (His birth mom is a recovering heroin addict. We adopted him).  He came home a little over a week ago.
bjorn agin
bjorn agin
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

I've been busy and haven't been on CMR much lately. Empty Re: I've been busy and haven't been on CMR much lately.

Post by alldatndensum Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:32 am

Congrats on the new son!

I don't see how people afford to adopt, really.  When we've talked about doing it, we always get figures around the $25,000 mark for a private adoption unless you go through the State of TN.  Then, you are probably not getting an infant and probably getting a child with a lot of emotional baggage.  We can't afford the first and don't feel that we have the strength to deal with the latter.  So, after 26 years of marriage, we are still childless and will probably die that way unless God sees differently.  At my age, I am not sure I want to start a family.  If we had a baby this year, I'd be 50 and easily mistaken as the kid's grandfather when dropping the child off for kindergarten.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

I've been busy and haven't been on CMR much lately. Empty Re: I've been busy and haven't been on CMR much lately.

Post by Staybrite Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:49 am

Congratulations!
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf the White Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:29 pm

Congratulations bjorn!!!

alldat, I wish our adoption had only bee $25k... we adopted from here in Missouri and it was about 10 grand more than that... not to mention the waiting, waiting, waiting for things to happen. We're still paying it off and he's 5.
Gandalf the White
Gandalf the White
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:39 pm

Wow, congratulations dude!!!  Both your kids look absolutely precious.  I love you   Nice to see you here by the way.  Smile

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by bjorn agin Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:42 pm

Regarding cost, you guys are in the right ballpark if you use an agency to place you with a child. This time around (our daughter was adopted through an agency) we put out the word through the grapevine that we were looking to adopt and eventually found a friend of a friend that was expecting. We used Lutheran Child and Family Services here in Illinois to assist with the adoption. It was substantially less cost wise, but required us to do more legwork. (which after you've been on the adoption merry-go-round at least once, is no big deal)
bjorn agin
bjorn agin
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:11 pm

CONGRATS!
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

https://lotsofmuzik.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:45 pm

Circle Dance
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:06 pm

Cute picture! Congrats! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by XenonLion Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:51 pm

Cool. Smile
XenonLion
XenonLion
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:29 am

Congrats Bjorn!  Ok, we'll give you a pass on the participation, just don't make a habit of it.
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:39 am

Fantastic! What a blessing for everyone. God bless you!
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:44 pm

This truly brought a smile to my face. Those are some precious childern. God bless you and your awesome family !
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by bjorn agin Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:06 pm

Thanks everyone!
bjorn agin
bjorn agin
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down