The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Angra

5 posters

Go down

New Angra Empty New Angra

Post by Kerrick Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:37 pm

Brazilian power metal legends Angra have a new album coming out and from what I've heard, it's much better than anything they've put out recently IMO.  This will be their first album with vocalist Fabio Lione (Rhapsody Of Fire).  Check it out!

The song takes a little while to get going, but once it does, it's just fantastic!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

New Angra Empty Re: New Angra

Post by Airola Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:30 pm

I couldn't really get in to this new track, but it reminds me that I really should get their Holy Land album some day.
I used to love NOTHING TO SAY, which I had recorded on tape from radio. It was a live version. Loved it so much... It still has some of the best riffing there is. I used to try to learn to play it on my guitar but only managed to learn to play it suuuuupeeeerrrr ssssslllllooooowwwww and even then I couldn't play it correctly.

One of the best metal tracks ever made!

Also, it seems Fabio Lione has been in tons of bands, at least as a guest. It's like every few months it's announced that Fabio has joined some band or is a guest on some album. I loved Rhapsody's Legendary Tales.

Airola
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:45 pm

Ah, Holy Land is a spectacular album.  Angels Cry is great too.  Honestly, nothing after those two albums by Angra has really come close to them, though I do think this new one has potential to be mighty good nonetheless.

Do you like Shaman?  After Fireworks, Angra split and most the members started Shaman.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:32 pm

I have never heard Shaman before (or at least don't remember it).

Sounds very good!

Airola
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Parched Earth Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:22 pm

I'll add some more love for Holy Land.  My favorite Angra album by far, though I thought Temple of Shadows was really great, too.  I still haven't picked up Aqua.  I really liked the first Shaman, too.  The 2nd album was a bit of a change in style.
Parched Earth
Parched Earth
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:36 pm

Airola wrote:I have never heard Shaman before (or at least don't remember it).

Sounds very good!

Right on!  I really like Shaman a lot, particularly their first two with Andre Matos on vocals.

Parched Earth wrote:I'll add some more love for Holy Land.  My favorite Angra album by far, though I thought Temple of Shadows was really great, too.  I still haven't picked up Aqua.  I really liked the first Shaman, too.  The 2nd album was a bit of a change in style.

Holy Land is great.  I go between that and Angels Cry as my favorite...  I couldn't get into Temple Of Shadows though.  It was a bit too dramatic/over-the-top for me.  Also I didn't care for the lyrics.  Aqua is alright...  It's much better than Aurora Consurgens by a long shot, though still not near as good as their old stuff IMO.

Yes, Reason is MUCH different from Ritual in terms of style.  It's much more morose and with more ballads.  However, I really like it a lot and think it's an absolutely fantastic album - it just shouldn't be compared to Ritual.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:53 pm

I missed this thread when it was originally posted.  Has that album released?
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:56 pm

It's out, though not in America yet.  I'm contemplating just ordering it off eBay.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Friday13th Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:56 pm

I do like Angra; I should go back and check more of their stuff. They do a cover of "Wuthering Heights" by Kate Bush, which is one of my favorite songs ever. 
It's kinda funny when a guys sings this song, but whatevs I think it takes guts  Rock on 1

Friday13th
Friday13th
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:02 pm

^Ha, that's so funny because I really do NOT like that song!  Just doesn't fit with the rest of the album IMO.  I think I'm in the minority there, as most folks seem to really enjoy it!  Which albums are you looking at F13?  I'd review this about their albums:

Angels Cry - CLASSIC, very good
Holy Land - awesome mix of power metal and Brazilian sounds
Fireworks - has some great songs on it but overall not up to par as AC and HL
Rebirth - new singer, very different sound, pretty good but not amazing
Temple Of Shadows - many folks love it, I'm not a big fan; over-dramatized and I don't like the lyrics
Aurora Consurgens - weakest album to date, for serious fans only
Aqua - MUCH better than the previous album though still doesn't quite have the magic of their first two

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Friday13th Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:12 pm

haha Well I was referring to the original being one of my favorite songs. It was never meant to be a power metal song, but I think it's fun as a totally left-field take on it  Razz I'd heard some of Angels Cry and Temple of Shadows so I'll probs check Holy Land next.
Friday13th
Friday13th
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Parched Earth Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:53 am

Kerrick wrote:Holy Land is great.  I go between that and Angels Cry as my favorite...  I couldn't get into Temple Of Shadows though.  It was a bit too dramatic/over-the-top for me.  Also I didn't care for the lyrics.  Aqua is alright...  It's much better than Aurora Consurgens by a long shot, though still not near as good as their old stuff IMO.

Yes, Reason is MUCH different from Ritual in terms of style.  It's much more morose and with more ballads.  However, I really like it a lot and think it's an absolutely fantastic album - it just shouldn't be compared to Ritual.

For better or worse, I often don't pay much attention to the lyrics (except for bands like Theocracy).  As a teen, I used to spend a lot more time looking at lyrics and trying to interpret their meaning.  Now I just don't have that kind of time for the amount of music I buy (which is probably too much!).  Though I may have to take another look at Temple of Shadows.

Yeah, I think the number of ballads threw me when I first got Reason.  Though I remember "Born to Be" being my favorite from that album and rivaling anything from their first album. 

I enjoy Andre Matos' solo stuff as well.  Though Holy Land would still top any of them as well.  Speaking of more Andre Matos, anyone ever get the Viper albums (Theatre of Fate/Soldiers of Sunrise)?  They predate his time in Angra.  It's been forever since I've listened to them.  Though I like how he revamped the song Moonlight for his first solo album and called it A New Moonlight (both based off Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata).
Parched Earth
Parched Earth
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down