The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wow

+7
Hardcore Christian
deathisgain
Kerrick
MikeInFla
Gandalf the White
d@v!d
Candlemass
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Wow Empty Wow

Post by Candlemass Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:45 am

We can't even discuss American Church History?! Shocked
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Wow Empty Re: Wow

Post by Candlemass Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:51 am

For anyone who wishes to discuss things of a little more import than "is Stryper still a Christian band?", it can be done here;

http://firestream.freeforums.org/index.php
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:04 am

I love you man!
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:49 am

I'm not sure a discussion on stryper still being a Christian band would be acceptable on the cmr... that discussion would involve theology, doctrine & general religious talk... all topics unacceptable for the cmr...see ya over on firestream ...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:55 am

d@v!d wrote:I love you man!
 You're not getting my Bud Light.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf the White Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:07 pm

Savage Amusement wrote:I'm not sure a discussion on stryper still being a Christian band would be acceptable on the cmr... that discussion would involve theology, doctrine & general religious talk... all topics unacceptable for the cmr...see ya over on firestream ...

That's interesting but you may be right...

We can still talk about Tourniquet, right?
Gandalf the White
Gandalf the White
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:47 pm

Gandalf the White wrote:We can still talk about Tourniquet, right?
No, there's a constriction on that subject too.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:14 pm

I'm happy here. For Theology debate and discussion, I utilize http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf the White Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:35 pm

Adam wrote:I'm happy here. For Theology debate and discussion, I utilize http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/

Interesting Adam. Does the same thing that happens (or used to happen) in our Theology section here happen there? Meaning, can one ask a question, or be asked a question and discuss the topic as opposed to being told how wrong one is with book, chapter and verse to back it up?
Gandalf the White
Gandalf the White
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:56 pm

I dont know gandalf..I went over and took a look and it looked like you can get away with alot more than the cmr ever allowed... a little heated over there  Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:27 pm

I don't think I'll join another forum just for the sake of talking theology with you guys. I think we all know that it was only a matter of time before you all accepted how wrong you all were. So, what's the point of me just rubbing it in? Wink
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:31 pm

Gandalf the White wrote:
Adam wrote:I'm happy here. For Theology debate and discussion, I utilize http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/

Interesting Adam. Does the same thing that happens (or used to happen) in our Theology section here happen there? Meaning, can one ask a question, or be asked a question and discuss the topic as opposed to being told how wrong one is with book, chapter and verse to back it up?

There are many types at TOL. Those who will reasonably discuss with you, those who will debate with you in a professional manner, those who will argue with you and those who will fight with you. Then there are those who are entirely unreasonable and just throw around hatred and vitriol. I've been a member since either late 1998 or early 1999 so I obviously enjoy it there, I just haven't posted much this year.

There are a large amount of people in all camps, ranging from extreme covenantalists to mid-Acts dispensationalists like myself. There are also many ranging from Calvinist to Arminian to Molinists to Open Theist (like myself).

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:40 pm

I remember a time when Firestream was the place to be. I used to like it better than any forum then they shut down and became a video game forum. It came back but it isn't the same place and I haven't visited in a while. Will head over there for a visit later today. The main reason I stopped going there was because it was dead. I could post a message and 2 weeks later it would still be the newest message on the board. 

This place is ok but I have to admit its become a shadow of the old CMR.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:22 pm

MikeInFla wrote:

You do realize that there are a good number of us who have no idea what the old CMR was like because we were never there? I love this place a lot and am getting tired of hearing about the old CMR for all of 2012, 2013 and now 2014.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf the White Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:34 pm

Adam wrote:
Gandalf the White wrote:

There are many types at TOL. Those who will reasonably discuss with you, those who will debate with you in a professional manner, those who will argue with you and those who will fight with you. Then there are those who are entirely unreasonable and just throw around hatred and vitriol. I've been a member since either late 1998 or early 1999 so I obviously enjoy it there, I just haven't posted much this year.

There are a large amount of people  in all camps, ranging from extreme covenantalists to mid-Acts dispensationalists like myself. There are also many ranging from Calvinist to Arminian to Molinists to Open Theist (like myself).

You know... it's almost a shame it took the theology section shutting down for me to meet another open theist around here... I think SA is one, but he didn't seem to embrace the idea until I introduced it in a conversation over there.

Anywho... I may check it out. To be honest, one of the biggest reasons I come here is the Theology discussions. Even the nasty ones - I've learned things from them. But now it seems we can't even mention Jesus around here...
Gandalf the White
Gandalf the White
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:51 pm

Gandalf the White wrote:But now it seems we can't even mention Jesus around here...

I seriously doubt that's true.

Jesus Christ is Lord!
God raised Him from the dead!
Jesus is the reason for the season and the reason why we sing.
Jesus rose from the dead for my sins!

Jesus! Jesus! Jesus!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:54 pm

That's it, Adam, you're banned!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:32 pm

Kerrick wrote:That's it, Adam, you're banned!

A Christian Banned? Great mini album from One Bad Pig!

Please tell me you've listened to it.

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:52 pm

d@v!d wrote:I don't think I'll join another forum just for the sake of talking theology with you guys. I think we all know that it was only a matter of time before you all accepted how wrong you all were. So, what's the point of me just rubbing it in? Wink
+1 Wink
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf the White Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:03 pm

Adam wrote:
Gandalf the White wrote:But now it seems we can't even mention Jesus around here...

Jesus Christ is Lord!

Jesus! Jesus! Jesus!

Sorry - my silly intention behind that remark didn't make it over in my typing... I was being silly...
Gandalf the White
Gandalf the White
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:09 pm

Gandalf the White wrote:
Adam wrote:

Jesus Christ is Lord!

Jesus! Jesus! Jesus!

Sorry - my silly intention behind that remark didn't make it over in my typing... I was being silly...

Well, my silly meter is at the shop getting repairs right now. Basically, I was trying to run it and the sarcasm detector at the same time and there was a sensory overload and now the poor guy is broken. Hopefully the shop can repair it soon as I am lost without it. In fact, I'm now not only using my sarcasm detector overtime, but I've also had to employ the oft forgotten wit machine. I'll let you know hwo it goes.

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:38 pm

Adam wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:

You do realize that there are a good number of us who have no idea what the old CMR was like because we were never there? I love this place a lot and am getting tired of hearing about the old CMR for all of 2012, 2013 and now 2014.
Well, if you are so sick of it, why don't you just go back to the old CMR?
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:49 pm

Left this morning to do a clean-up job, come back an there's two pages here...wow!
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:50 pm

d@v!d wrote:
Adam wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:

Well, if you are so sick of it, why don't you just go back to the old CMR?

Maybe I'll start up a new CMR, that is called "The Old CMR", where only the old members can hang out.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:50 pm

d@v!d wrote:I don't think I'll join another forum just for the sake of talking theology with you guys.

Firestream is pretty cool though, better mods...
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum