The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW AC/DC...

+7
Soldier777
Xid
Kerrick
d@v!d
metaldude
MikeInFla
bjorn agin
11 posters

Go down

NEW AC/DC... Empty NEW AC/DC...

Post by Guest Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:31 pm

Metal 1  Looking forward to the new AC/DC album "ROCK OF BUST"...Love this band...

Back to top Go down

NEW AC/DC... Empty Re: NEW AC/DC...

Post by bjorn agin Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:11 am

Sorry. You could have substituted any other AC/DC song for that video and it would have sounded the same to me. I liked their older stuff, but the style gets very repetitive.
bjorn agin
bjorn agin
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:05 am

Enjoy it, will pick it up!
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:12 pm

Sounds like AC/DC. It never changes. Any other band playing the same style for four decades would be ridiculed. Not AC/DC.
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:17 pm

metaldude wrote:Sounds like AC/DC. It never changes. Any other band playing the same style for four decades would be ridiculed. Not AC/DC.
Which is totally cool. You either like them or leave them. They do a good job of doing what they do. However, I can count how many of their songs I like on 1 finger.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:43 pm

I love that they are always predictable..I hate it when a band changes their sound..especially if they have a good following when they make the change...some bands today are miles from the sound they started with or got famous with..  Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:15 am

Savage Amusement wrote:I love that they are always predictable..I hate it when a band changes their sound..especially if they have a good following when they make the change...some bands today are miles from the sound they started with or got famous with..  Evil or Very Mad

I have to admit, they are one band in the 90's that never changed sound to the grunge sound that many bands were doing at the time, Motley, Warrant, and countless others tried out the grunge sound alienating their fans and not impressing grunge fans. Even Kiss attempted it.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:13 am

Savage Amusement wrote:I love that they are always predictable..I hate it when a band changes their sound..especially if they have a good following when they make the change...some bands today are miles from the sound they started with or got famous with..  Evil or Very Mad

I can agree, to a point. My introduction to them was Back in Black and For Those About To Rock. I guess, as my tastes changed, their music didn't, and my interest faded. I can respect the fact that they are what they are. I guess I'd rather see them stick to their guns than follow fads. Never mind alternative and grunge, could you imagine if they had done a guitar synth album like Iron Maiden (sorry, Kerrick) or Judas Priest?
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:25 am

metaldude wrote:

I can agree, to a point. My introduction to them was Back in Black and For Those About To Rock. I guess, as my tastes changed, their music didn't,  and my interest faded. I can respect the fact that they are what they are. I guess I'd rather see them stick to their guns than follow fads. Never mind alternative and grunge, could you imagine if they had done a guitar synth album like Iron Maiden (sorry, Kerrick) or Judas Priest?

Watch it there buddy... you're treading on thin ice!    Haha I think Seventh Son is one of Maiden's best albums actually.  That being said, I will admit that Maiden kinda falls into the same category as AC/DC on that front (though not quite as extreme).  Their sound really hasn't changed much in the last 30 years.  Typically, unlike SA, I prefer bands who allow their sound to grow/develop/evolve, such as Virgin Black, My Silent Wake, Antestor, etc.  But Iron Maiden has made a sound for themselves and it works well and I like it very much.  So I'm quite alright if they don't change!  While I was never a big AC/DC fan, I can understand their desire to not want to change their sound.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Xid Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:30 am

Do what you do and do it well.  Pick up your instrument and play.  Build on what comes out of your hands.  Those who like it will listen.  Those who do not like it will not listen.  Regardless, play on!
Xid
Xid
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

http://www.joshuascreed.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:36 am

^Hard to argue with that!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:20 pm

could you imagine if they had done a guitar synth album like Iron Maiden (sorry, Kerrick) or Judas Priest?

when maiden and priest put out those albums they were building on what they already had...they didn't change their sound. (the best maiden and priest albums by the way IMO)..AC/DC just chose not to add too but keep the same formula..when bands like Crue, Dokken and Bride decided to change their sound in the 90s it ruined them...some bands are returning to their original sound and  their fans are happy about it (Saxon comes to mind)..

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:54 pm

Are they releasing a brand new album with all new songs or a compilation with a couple of new tracks?
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Xid Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:17 pm

New album.
Xid
Xid
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

http://www.joshuascreed.com

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:35 am

40 years at this level. Something's gotta break. Malcolm had a long run.
RIP Bon Scott
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:30 am

Picked this up today...love it...reminds me of 80s AC/DC...This could easily become my second favorite Brian Johnson era album (flick of the switch being my favorite)..

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:53 am

I've got a bit of a soft spot for bands that don't really change what they do too much.  I'm a far bigger fan of Maiden and Amon Amarth, two other notables that haven't really ever changed their formula....but when I do get a hankering for that old AC/DC thing, I love that I can pretty much just toss anything of theirs on and it'll hit the spot.

"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf the White Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:29 am

I just bought Back in Black with an Amazon gift card. 15 years ago I had several Ac/DC albums and for some reason over the years I got rid of them.

About 2 months ago, a friend mentioned Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution to me, which was one of my favorite songs of theirs and I downloaded just that song... now I want to buy more of their stuff. I forgot how much I enjoy them.
Gandalf the White
Gandalf the White
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaNorm64 Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:04 am

Gandalf the White wrote:I just bought Back in Black with an Amazon gift card. 15 years ago I had several Ac/DC albums and for some reason over the years I got rid of them.

About 2 months ago, a friend mentioned Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution to me, which was one of my favorite songs of theirs and I downloaded just that song... now I want to buy more of their stuff. I forgot how much I enjoy them.
Same thing happened to me and Iron Maiden. I had all the remastered editions of their albums and was proud of it. Eventually I started to let people borrow them or would sell them. I think the main reason I lost interest in them was because I was a lot more interested in buying the original copies than owning the remasters. Now I have 9 of the 15 albums, no remasters. Very Happy
MegaNorm64
MegaNorm64
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf the White Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:03 pm

Nice... BIB is my first repurchase of AC/DC material. I also bought The Clash's self titled.
Gandalf the White
Gandalf the White
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:26 pm

Great choice gandalf...
My favorite AC/DC albums are as follows... (+ denotes absolute favorites)

TNT
Powerage +
Hiway To Hell
Let There Be Rock
If You Want Blood
Back In Black
For Those about to Rock
Flick Of The Switch +
Rock Or Bust +

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content