The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black Metal eBay Sale!

+2
Kerrick
Pirate
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Black Metal eBay Sale! - Page 2 Empty Re: Black Metal eBay Sale!

Post by Pirate Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:30 pm

Deepfriar wrote:Someone really wants that Antestor... I bet it's Vaak...  I bid it up to $82 and I think I'm finally quitting...  I hope he enjoys it if it's him... honest... he's earning it... lol.

Thank you for bidding anyhow! That Frosthardr demo has actually surpassed the Antestor disc now. I have never seen it for sale on eBay before though so that might have something to do with it.
Pirate
Pirate
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Grindboy Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:09 pm

These are interesting to watch, although I don't think I'll be bidding on any.  Unbelievable what some stuff goes for. . . and for black metal. . . am I the only one who feels like there's something "un-black metal" (as opposed to "unblack metal," which I don't mean to discuss here at all) about paying tons of money for an ebay item?  Seems ironic to me!

I remember hearing that Frosthardr demo that an old friend picked up somewhere, and not being at all impressed.  Now that I know their more current stuff I'd love to have the demo, but not at anywhere near that!  Wonder if my friend still has his copy. . . .

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pirate Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:52 am

Grindboy wrote:These are interesting to watch, although I don't think I'll be bidding on any.  Unbelievable what some stuff goes for. . . and for black metal. . . am I the only one who feels like there's something "un-black metal" (as opposed to "unblack metal," which I don't mean to discuss here at all) about paying tons of money for an ebay item?  Seems ironic to me!

I remember hearing that Frosthardr demo that an old friend picked up somewhere, and not being at all impressed.  Now that I know their more current stuff I'd love to have the demo, but not at anywhere near that!  Wonder if my friend still has his copy. . . .

I actually think this is very typical of the black metal genre. Black metal fans tend to be extremely loyal and very limited releases create this underground kvlt buying craze.
Pirate
Pirate
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Grindboy Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:05 am

Yeah, I'm not saying it isn't typical, I just don't think it's very "tr000 kvlt" whatever.  Like the pinnacle of "being" black metal is living by yourself in a cabin with no electricity or running water, walking through the woods to find all of your needs and playing only Burzum and Marduk on either vinyl or cassette that's powered by a hand-crank or a windmill and surrounded by candles.  You've rejected society, working for the man, and in fact the entire monetary system.  There's nothing you need that you cannot fashion for yourself or find in the forest  -- this is black metal!!!  "$15 for a cd?  eff it, it might be good music, but I don't really care and I don't need it."

Versus:

1) 16 year old kid who works part-time at Wendy's after his social studies class gets out so that he can go on ebay and bid crazy digits to up his kvlt status;

or

2) 30-40 year old dude with an actual paying job in the real world, a middle-class mortgage, and a music hobby that makes him able to outbid number 1 above, much like his co-workers might instead spend their discretionary income on NFL tickets.

Honestly, I'm not criticizing any of these 3, and if it's not obvious I'm in no way a "tr00 kvlt" black metal whatever (I'm actually closest to number 2 here, except for I'm cheap).  Just my picture of whoever bids these up is not close to, say, Pilgrim from Crimson Moonlight or the dude from Gorgoroth.

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Deepfriar Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:54 pm

I don't have many hobbies that cost $$$ so I don't mind to spend a little extra on rare Christian metal since it's what I enjoy.  Plus Antestor is one of my favorites & I've been looking for The Defeat of Satan for a while so I didn't care to bid highly for it.  I do swagbucks for free PayPal gift cards so it wouldn't cost me as much as it might seem... but alas, I was outbid yet again.  I went up to $92 and quit.  I know I know... I said I was stopping @ $82.  face palm
Deepfriar
Deepfriar
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:47 am

Well, I got:

Come Armageddon compilation
Dormant EP

I was really hoping to get the Vaakevandring, but alas, I was outbid.   Sad   Been spending too much money these days anyways.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Pirate Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:07 am

Kerrick wrote:Well, I got:

Dormant EP

I was really hoping to get the Vaakevandring, but alas, I was outbid.   Sad   Been spending too much money these days anyways.

Haha funny I JUST put the last stamp on your parcel:P I will get it to the post office tomorrow Smile 

Thank you for bidding and keep an eye open for my next round of auctions which will include doom and death metal
Pirate
Pirate
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Deepfriar Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:08 am

I got the Vardoger.  Already sent payment.  Smile  Thanks again, mate.
Deepfriar
Deepfriar
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pirate Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:10 am

Deepfriar wrote:I got the Vardoger.  Already sent payment.  Smile  Thanks again, mate.

Will get it shipped tomorrow. Thank you so much for bidding man!
Pirate
Pirate
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Deepfriar Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:16 am

You bet!  Thumbs up
Deepfriar
Deepfriar
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:28 am

Pirate wrote:
Kerrick wrote:Well, I got:

Dormant EP

Haha funny I JUST put the last stamp on your parcel:P I will get it to the post office tomorrow Smile 

Thank you for bidding and keep an eye open for my next round of auctions which will include doom and death metal

Wahoo!  Ooh I do love me some DOOOOOM.  If you have...

Last Chapter - Paths To Always
Virgin Black - s/t demo
Anaemia - Spiritual Chaos

...please let me know!  I've been searching for a while for those...

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:41 pm

Also:

Discarnated - Deus Misereatur
Kohllapse - s/t
Paramaecium - Repentance

Very Happy

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Grindboy Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:55 am

Wow -- $230 for Frosthardr!!! What can you say?

Some of those surprised me and some didn't.

Looks like a good price on the Vardoger, and I'm sure you'll dig it, great little ep.

I would have liked the Come Armageddon myself, but am too cheap to pay for it. I'd imagine that patience and searching should find a copy of Vaakavandring for a better price.

I sure am surprised nobody bid at all on Sanctifica! I would have thought that Arvinger would have brought more, too.

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pirate Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:23 pm

Grindboy wrote:Wow -- $230 for Frosthardr!!!  What can you say?

Some of those surprised me and some didn't.

Looks like a good price on the Vardoger, and I'm sure you'll dig it, great little ep.

I would have liked the Come Armageddon myself, but am too cheap to pay for it.  I'd imagine that patience and searching should find a copy of Vaakavandring for a better price.

I sure am surprised nobody bid at all on Sanctifica!  I would have thought that Arvinger would have brought more, too.

I was certain that the Antestor - The Defeat Of Satan disc would earn me the most money but boy was I wrong. That Frosthardr demo shot through the roof.

That Vardøger disc is awesome. Latest update is that they are actually getting closer to releasing some new material (with a different sound though).

Which Vaakevandring were you after, the EP or the original demo?

I gave the Sanctifica away for free to one of the bidders, dont remember which one elephant 

I also though the Arvinger disc would bring in some more chedda
Pirate
Pirate
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Deepfriar Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:26 am

Grindboy wrote:Looks like a good price on the Vardoger, and I'm sure you'll dig it, great little ep.
I've had the digital MP3 album (from Amazon) for a long while, but it was past time to own a physical copy.  Thumbs up
Deepfriar
Deepfriar
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:30 pm

Grindboy wrote:I would have liked the Come Armageddon myself, but am too cheap to pay for it.  I'd imagine that patience and searching should find a copy of Vaakavandring for a better price.

Maybe I shouldn't say... but I'm the one who got the Come Armageddon!  Twisted Evil   I wanted to get that special disc 2 CD of it as well but alas, it got a bit too pricey for me.  I've been wanting to get that Vaakevandring EP (preferably the rerelease) for years but am yet to come across it for a reasonable price...  Oh well...  If you come across it somewhere and they have TWO copies, definitely let me know!  Wink

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Grindboy Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:54 pm

Yeah, I saw you got that, that's why I mentioned it.  Although I guess I wasn't paying close attention, I thought it was that rare 2nd disc thing.

If I come across the Vaakevandring in the near future I'll think of you bro, no problem.

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:21 am

Gotcha; thanks!

My CDs came in safe and sound.  Thanks again Pirate!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Pirate Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:44 am

My pleasure Kerrick! Welcome back to the next round:)
Pirate
Pirate
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Deepfriar Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:44 pm

Got mine too, bud.  Thanks so much!!! I love you (something very wrong about a heart smiley in a black metal thread...)
Deepfriar
Deepfriar
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pirate Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:31 am

Mike wrote:Got mine too, bud.  Thanks so much!!! I love you (something very wrong about a heart smiley in a black metal thread...)

Good to hear!
Pirate
Pirate
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Grindboy Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:07 pm

I keep waiting for this rumored "next round. . ."

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2