The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some Prayers Appreciated

3 posters

Go down

Some Prayers Appreciated Empty Some Prayers Appreciated

Post by Kerrick Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:24 pm

Hi all.  There is lots on my mind and I would appreciate your prayers and imparted wisdom.   sunny

1.  Joy vs Happiness, Loneliness, and God's Kingdom.  The past year or so I've been doing a lot of focusing on seeking God's kingdom and righteousness though I am constantly battling feelings/yearnings of my own selfishness.  I'm 27 years old and greatly desire to fall in love with someone, get married, and begin a family.  The bachelor life is pretty cool and all, but I'd like to move on in that area.  Please pray for patience and a heart aligned with that of God's, not my hormones haha.  Consciously, I know that I want joy and not happiness, fulfillment in seeking Him and not my own desires.  But that's not what I feel all the time.  This morning I read through Hebrews 11, which speak directly to my plight, specifically these verses

Hebrews 11 wrote:And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.

13 All these people were still living by faith when they died. They did not receive the things promised; they only saw them and welcomed them from a distance, admitting that they were foreigners and strangers on earth. 14 People who say such things show that they are looking for a country of their own. 15 If they had been thinking of the country they had left, they would have had opportunity to return. 16 Instead, they were longing for a better country—a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them.

24 By faith Moses, when he had grown up, refused to be known as the son of Pharaoh’s daughter. 25 He chose to be mistreated along with the people of God rather than to enjoy the fleeting pleasures of sin. 26 He regarded disgrace for the sake of Christ as of greater value than the treasures of Egypt, because he was looking ahead to his reward.

How am I to attain the faith to look forward to treasures in heaven and not those of this earth?  God rewards us both here AND in heaven; as the pharisees received their reward by praying loudly to draw attention, am I in a sense doing the same by seeking happiness now?

2.  Friend drama.  2a)  There are two people in my Bible study group who have hurt each other.  (Girl liked boy, boy didn't share those feelings, lots of miscommunication, now drama.)  I am friends to both of them, as well as their Bible study group leader.  They've come to me separately about it so I've got both sides of the story.  I've encouraged them to talk to each other about it directly and progress is being made, though I still feel I'm doing a bit of a balancing act.  2b)  About a year ago I had a falling-out with my closest friend from middle school all the way past college.  We haven't spoken a word throughout that year, but Saturday he contacted me.  He sought an apology but also possibly to rekindle our friendship.  There is SO MUCH that led up to this, but it'll suffice to say that the friendship was unhealthy and draining.  I don't know if I'm ready or wanting/willing to go down that road again.

3.  Job stuff.  Well, I had a phone interview last Wednesday for a place that sounds pretty dang ideal.  It's much more aligned with the direction I'd like to take my career, would pay a heck of a lot better, and is right here in my hometown (I refuse to make a long commute and I feel directed to stay here in this town for now).  I just got word that they'd like to have an in-person interview this Wednesday!  I am drawn to everything about it but do NOT want to seek after something that is not of God's desire for me.  Please pray for again that alignment to His heart so that I can distinguish my own wants from His.  Maybe there is more work He wishes me to do here at my current job with my coworkers or maybe He has something totally different in mind for me.

Thanks all!  Also, kudos to anyone who reads through that novel haha!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Some Prayers Appreciated Empty Re: Some Prayers Appreciated

Post by KaramKaram Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:34 pm

I will keep you in my prayers!
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

https://lotsofmuzik.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:12 pm

Thanks dude.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by XenonLion Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:00 pm

I've been praying for you, too. Smile
XenonLion
XenonLion
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:17 pm

Thank you XL!  A quick update:

1.  I'm still sitting in Hebrews and pondering upon it all...  Lots of prayer and thought.

2a.  Drama between the un-lovers in my Bible study group seems to be decreasing and they're working it out.  Good news!

2b.  Old friend now wants to hang out, not just email.  I'm not sure if this is a good idea...  It's certainly not something I "need" or particularly want anymore, though I know he's still going through a rough time and could use some encouragement and friendship.  I'm just not sure if it's my place anymore?

3.  I think the interview went pretty well yesterday.  I'm one of three "finalists" they've chosen.  They're interviewing the other two today and tomorrow.  I expect to hear back next week.  I'm not going to worry much about it, though I should be ready with a decision if they give me an offer.  We shall see!

Thanks again for all your prayers.  I really appreciate it.  Y'all are great!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 19, 2014 3:14 pm

I'll be praying for you as well.

(Sorry, I would have posted sooner. I don't visit this section often.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon May 19, 2014 5:31 pm

Thanks man!  I really appreciate it.  Well, I didn't get the job.  That's ok though!

I was reading about the Prodigal Son this morning and had some thoughts...  At the end, the older brother complains to the father how he never got any special party or anything while he's been faithful to him the whole time.  The dad tells him, "you are always with me and everything I have is yours."  So often we read that story from the prodigal son's perspective, though at least in this juncture of my life, I resonate more with his brother.  Sure, I'm the prodigal son too: repeatedly wandering off then returning... and I've been far from totally faithful to God, though I so often forget just how faithful He has been to me and how He's always with me no matter what.  I fail to realize His provisions and blessings for me, when they're there the whole time.  Anyways, some food for thought.  Also I like how the older son says to his father in regards to the younger brother, "your son" but the father responds back with "your brother," reminding him of his relation to him.  How often to I dwell on the few things I don't have and want though fail to consider my own kin who aren't pursuing God...

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down