The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My family

2 posters

Go down

My family Empty My family

Post by Peter who was Vaak Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:51 am

My dad hates his job and he was diagnosed with diabetes recently.  While he does eat terribly, his job is partly the problem due to stress we think.  He's a manager, but there's someone above him who is absolutely worthless.  My dad will tell those underneath him to get work done but they are having their various "cupcake breaks" and the like, they rarely get work done in a timely manner and in the competitive field that they are, they are risking losing clients because they constantly have delays of 4+ weeks because of his underlings unwillingness to do their jobs.  Hardly a day goes by that he is not complaining about something related to the fact that they are delaying work.  My dad's boss finally got serious about one of them, a lady who has had multiple family issues and has anxiety issues, as she was about to tell him she was talking another day off to do something, he told her that if she has any plans on advancing, she needs to get serious and quit taking time off.  So, she didn't(I think).  Then the boss gave her a bad review and she yelled at him and he revised it up.  Then the other lady who is terrible was told that she's not going to advance and she's perfectly fine with that so her work sucks too.  The worst part of it all is, he moved to this bank specifically because he was told he'd get the job of the worthless manager, but the previous manager who hired my dad for that specifically said that he hired my dad so he'd take over his position, but he stuck around longer than he promised and as someone else said he'd take it.  So, my dad just wants out.  He is done with this place.  The complaints go much further, but this is a basic gist of what's going on.

Well, my brothers are in different positions.  The one immediately younger than me is a good person, but he's in a bad place.  He had a job for over a year at a morgue, but about three weeks ago he was talking to co-workers and saying that our dad is applying for jobs elsewhere and, well, the week before last my brother walked in and his boss had a check for my brother and said good bye.  He took that as my brothers two week notice.  It wasn't and the guy said that's not how he took it.  So, my brother said, he was going to stop playing video games, start exercising, and get serious about school.  Well, he's missed each.  And his life is just terrible, he has no friends, just one and that guy is 100 miles away or so.  Please pray that this situation changes for him and that he gets better with it all.  And, worse of all, he's just not in a good place with God.  I gave him a book of C.S. Lewis' work to sort of help him get into it, but when I did he was like "There is no way I am going to read all this."  I told him to just read a couple of pages a day, but he didn't seem receptive to it.

And my youngest brother, he has an opportunity to go to an amazing school for a fraction of the cost...And he is not doing well.  My mom's not convinced he is going into what he should.  She thinks God has another plan for him.  Please, just pray that he figures out what God has planned for him and to do it.  And that he can find another job as his other one sort of ended.

Thanks a lot.

Last edited by Vaak on Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Peter who was Vaak
Peter who was Vaak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

My family Empty Re: My family

Post by Sting Chameleon Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:54 am

Praying
Sting Chameleon
Sting Chameleon