The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Needing Prayer: Daughter and Myself

5 posters

Go down

Needing Prayer: Daughter and Myself Empty Needing Prayer: Daughter and Myself

Post by SirJahzeal Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:02 am

As a select few of you know, my daughter and I have both been in-and-out of the hospital (for separate issues) during the past month.

My daughter has had five surgeries thus far to correct problems with her VP Shunt.  Alana was born with Spina Bifida, Hydrocephalus and other medical problems associated with those conditions.  The VP Shunt alleviates CSF (cerebrospinal fluid) from her brain ventricles via a valve and catheter down into her abdominal cavity.  She spent two weeks in the ICU at a children's hospital and was then released in stable condition yesterday (August 15).  However, she began having seizures this evening and has been flown back up to the hospital again.  They were able to make an adjustment, but, want to completely replace the valve and catheter to a new style in an effort to find a more long term solution.

I have also been struggling with my own health for the past three weeks.  As I assume most of you already know, I am on permanent disability due to being diagnosed with several problems.  Of these concerns is my having Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS / Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis), Valley Fever (Coccidiodomycosis), Ulcerative Colitis and etc.  ALS is a terminal illness that usually has a life expectancy of 2-5 years from onset (I was diagnosed in December 2009, having had symptoms since early 2009).  The main issue right now is the Valley Fever, which has attacked several places in my body including my lungs, liver and brain.  I was released home from the hospital a couple of days ago, but, I have a long recovery ahead (and am, in fact, still very ill).

For the above reasons, I have placed "The Master's Metal" (Live Broadcast and Archived Podcast) on hiatus.  I have also asked for Larry to take care of Sanctus Gladius Radio while God sees my daughter, my family, my friends and myself through this difficult time.  God willing, I WILL RETURN to the show and station as soon as possible.  There ARE several archived shows available at the website and now would be a great time to catch up on past episodes if you missed any (link posted below in the signature).

I also had some projects in the works on the Roxx Productions website (I am the web administrator for Roxx, in case you didn't know) that I will be completing whenever I can.

Thank you all for your continued thoughts and prayers!
SirJahzeal
SirJahzeal
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

https://www.twitch.tv/SirJahzeal

Back to top Go down

Needing Prayer: Daughter and Myself Empty Re: Needing Prayer: Daughter and Myself

Post by Sting Chameleon Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:38 am

I'm praying for you. Remember Romans 8:28

And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.
Sting Chameleon
Sting Chameleon
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Needing Prayer: Daughter and Myself Empty Re: Needing Prayer: Daughter and Myself

Post by Kerrick Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:17 pm

You are in my prayers.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Through The Dark Radio Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:52 pm

Continued prayers, David.
Through The Dark Radio
Through The Dark Radio
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:50 pm

Praying
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

https://lotsofmuzik.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJahzeal Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:39 am

Thank you all SO much for all of the thoughts and prayers during the past month as my daughter and I struggled with our health concerns! We are both home and recovering well, God be praised! We appreciate all of the private and public messages from each one of you who shared your love with us!

On another note: The Master's Metal is set to return September 02, 2013 on Sanctus Gladius Radio! This will be a the first episode of a special musical series highlighting my personal Christian Metal journey through the years. In Part One, I will be sharing how I was initially introduced to Christian Metal and the artists/albums that influenced me the most during those early years (spanning from 1984 to 1990).

As always, if you cannot make it to the Live Broadcast there will be a replay of it on Metal Blessing Radio Thursdays from 7:30pm to 9:30pm Pacific! You can additionally listen to all of the Archived Shows at the provided link in the signature below!

Also, don't forget to "Like" The Master's Metal Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/MastersMetal
SirJahzeal
SirJahzeal
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

https://www.twitch.tv/SirJahzeal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down