The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jordskaelv/Winterkou (black/doom metal)

+2
Legitwafflez
Kerrick
6 posters

Go down

Jordskaelv/Winterkou (black/doom metal) Empty Jordskaelv/Winterkou (black/doom metal)

Post by Kerrick Thu Jul 11, 2024 11:13 am

Any other fans here of the Dutch black/doom metal band Jorskaelv?  They [he] released a collection album of Winterkou and Jorskaelv material back in 2003 which - while especially raw and lo-fi - is a personal favorite of mine due to its great atmosphere.  Then in 2021 re-released their demo with some new tracks which sound significantly higher quality but still maintain their core sound.  And now we've got a new EP coming this Fall!  Here's the first track.  I'll definitely be picking this one up:

Tyrant
Tyrant

Drawnsword and strangerhoncho like this post

Back to top Go down

Jordskaelv/Winterkou (black/doom metal) Empty Re: Jordskaelv/Winterkou (black/doom metal)

Post by Legitwafflez Thu Jul 11, 2024 3:53 pm

Sounds interesting, I'll have to give it a good listen later.

Legitwafflez
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Jordskaelv/Winterkou (black/doom metal) Empty Re: Jordskaelv/Winterkou (black/doom metal)

Post by Legitwafflez Fri Jul 12, 2024 5:27 pm

I like it, very mournful sounding. Definitely would have to be in the right mood to listen, not something I would play everyday. Thanks for the recommendation.

Legitwafflez
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Jul 12, 2024 5:34 pm

Cool!  It's a project from the guy who runs Sneeuwstorm Produkties.  They've got some pretty good stuff on that label; you might find more you like there!
https://sneeuwstormprodukties.bandcamp.com/

The same guy is also behind Herfstdood which I really enjoy too.  Post-black metal.
https://sneeuwstormprodukties.bandcamp.com/album/lijdensweg

Tyrant
Tyrant

strangerhoncho and Legitwafflez like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Sat Jul 13, 2024 6:02 am

Since I've dipped my toes very lightly in a specific branch of this subgenre, I keep checking out new releases by this label occasionally. I hope to find something with better production and more epic sounding along the way, but so far it just didn't scratch that itch.

I did like Gnadenthron (German for Throne of Mercy) though. There's some clean singing in there and that's one of the conditions for this kind of music to really captivate me.

Also, it's weird but I can't find any business data about this label in the Dutch chamber of commerce...
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Sun Jul 14, 2024 1:14 am

Kerrick wrote:Cool!  It's a project from the guy who runs Sneeuwstorm Produkties.  They've got some pretty good stuff on that label; you might find more you like there!
https://sneeuwstormprodukties.bandcamp.com/

The same guy is also behind Herfstdood which I really enjoy too.  Post-black metal.
https://sneeuwstormprodukties.bandcamp.com/album/lijdensweg
Rad.  Never heard of this label.  I am just checking it out and so far I love What the Dunes Have Hidden by Kärv.  I think it might be one of the best black metal albums I've ever heard.  I don't usually like much of the style, but this hits all the right buttons for me.  Epic, mournful, great riffs, not too trebly, differing tempos and songs that stand apart.  Thank you for sharing the link to the label!  Can't wait to check out the rest of their releases.

strangerhoncho
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Sun Jul 14, 2024 6:00 pm

Right on.  They released some really rough and obscure stuff way back in the day then went dormant.  Nokturnal Hemizphear took over the label which is where I got that Winterkou CD along with a couple of their samplers.  NH also had their back catalog available digitally but then when they closed their doors, the original owner of SSP took it back over and has since been putting out some very good releases.

Andreas, that's interesting about the chamber of commerce.  I'm curious as to why...   Question Question Question

Tyrant
Tyrant

strangerhoncho likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bgsully Mon Jul 15, 2024 12:22 pm

I like that a lot.
bgsully
bgsully
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

https://faustianslip.bandcamp.com

Kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Drawnsword Thu Aug 01, 2024 7:55 pm

The new Jordskelv material sounds awesome! I look forward to getting a CD. Also really enjoying the following new Sneeuwstorm Produkties releases imported...
Herfstdood - Lijdensweg (SneeuwStorm Produkties 2024)
Karv - What the Dunes Have Hidden (SneeuwStorm Produkties 2024)
Gnadenthron - Verheißung (SneeuwStorm Produkties 2024)
Majesty - EXALTATION: I - IV (SneeuwStorm Produkties 2024)
Death Wrath - YHWH (SneeuwStorm Produkties 2024)
Morkerod - Enlightenment (SneeuwStorm Produkties 2024)
Drawnsword
Drawnsword
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

http://drawnswordgraphix.blogspot.co.nz/

Kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Aug 02, 2024 5:22 pm

Yeah SSP has been on a roll with some great releases!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down