The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WarHorse / Jokull - We deserve answers

3 posters

Go down

WarHorse / Jokull - We deserve answers Empty WarHorse / Jokull - We deserve answers

Post by nocturnaliridescence Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:43 pm

Sometime between 2 and 23 January 2016, Jokull of Frosthardr set up a crowdfunding campaign for his side project WarHorse. [link], [archive]

There are 14 completed songs that could be put on this album, and he has confirmed a second album was already in the works, too.

It's not clear when exactly the campaign ended, but the last donation was "7 yrs" ago, meaning at the very latest, it would have ended 26 March 2017, though logically, it was probably much earlier. It raised $240. The stated goal of the campaign is to "afford getting the material mastered, replicated, and wrapped in a 'fancy' cover". There are replication services such as Kunaki that do 2/3 of those for free, leaving $240 for mastering. All this is assuming he self-releases, and I'm very skeptical there's no label at all that would release this material.

No album has ever surfaced.
Donors have never gotten their money back.
He is ignoring requests for updates.

There needs to be answers and accountability here.

Edit: By the way, since March of 2017, his other project Dödsmarsch re-released their CD independently, InnerSiege released a DVD (independently) and a new album (on a label), and Koronatizor released an EP.
nocturnaliridescence
nocturnaliridescence
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

WarHorse / Jokull - We deserve answers Empty Re: WarHorse / Jokull - We deserve answers

Post by Kerrick Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:59 pm

I was one of the folks who pledged money to this.  I'll bug him again about it!  The music is really killer and heck, I'd be happy with a CDr.

Tyrant
Tyrant

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

WarHorse / Jokull - We deserve answers Empty Re: WarHorse / Jokull - We deserve answers

Post by nocturnaliridescence Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:37 am

No updates on social media... Have you heard anything?
nocturnaliridescence
nocturnaliridescence
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:48 pm

$240 doesn't sound like a lot of money. Especially seven years ago, as I don't think were cheap replication services around. I hardly doubt it is a enough to get it mastered. And if he had to ship it out, it wouldn't cover those costs. Doesn't excuse the lack of communication.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down