The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Retroactive Records limited edition trading cards

+9
alldatndensum
JaggedDoctrine
Kerrick
Ammocas
eatbugs
Constantine
crucifyd
Pethead
bodachi
13 posters

Go down

Should we ask Mr. Roxx/Bafford to kindly knock it of with the limited edition trading cards?

Retroactive Records limited edition trading cards I_vote_lcap50%Retroactive Records limited edition trading cards I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 10 ]
Retroactive Records limited edition trading cards I_vote_lcap50%Retroactive Records limited edition trading cards I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 10 ]

Total Votes : 20

Retroactive Records limited edition trading cards Empty Retroactive Records limited edition trading cards

Post by bodachi Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:26 pm

I think y'all know what I'm referring to, the little cards in the cd releases over the past few years. It's almost like redundant liner notes loose in the jewel case.
Does anyone out there like these things? I don't know what I'm supposed to do with them. I paid for the music, album cover and notes, that's all I wanted. Then again, I don't need any other merch (maybe a sticker for the gun safe), been like that since I got old (turning 50 this year).

Last edited by bodachi on Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
bodachi
bodachi
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Retroactive Records limited edition trading cards Empty Re: Retroactive Records limited edition trading cards

Post by Pethead Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:28 pm

Not my thing. I’d put a sticker on my laptop or something but what am I supposed to do with these cards?

Now if we could battle with them like Pokémon cards, you might have something.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Retroactive Records limited edition trading cards Empty Re: Retroactive Records limited edition trading cards

Post by crucifyd Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:20 pm

I've put all the ones I've got in a box...don't really care for them...
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.crucifyd.com

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bodachi Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:07 am

crucifyd wrote:I've put all the ones I've got in a box...don't really care for them...
I think you voted to keep them
bodachi
bodachi
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:26 am

I don't care about cards or stickers.  What I do like though is metal button pins.
Those are good for sprucing up a backpack or jacket.  In fact if anyone has any they want to get rid of, let me know....
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by crucifyd Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:03 am

bodachi wrote:
crucifyd wrote:I've put all the ones I've got in a box...don't really care for them...
I think you voted to keep them

I can see why some would think they're cool, just not my thing and I kept them because I thought they might be worth something to somebody(?) and as long as I have the media they go with, why not? and they don't take up much room...

I didn't notice the poll before ...

I believe the Vengeance card is the first one Roxx has done...
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:22 am

Pethead wrote:Now if we could battle with them like Pokémon cards, you might have something.

Yes!!!!!

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:15 am

Anybody remember flipping baseball cards in the schoolyard? Well, I can’t find anyone to flip with since they never heard of these bands and don’t have the cards…

Then I thought maybe I’ll stick them in the spokes of my bicycle tires like when I was a kid…

But their best use is when I fold’em in half and stick them under my table and chair legs to level them out.Shocked
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

eatbugs and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:00 pm

I don't collect the extra "stuff."  I don't care about collector cards, pins, patches, stickers, etc.  I collect CDs.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Fundy, Kerrick, Pethead and mothy like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Jul 31, 2023 3:17 pm

While I have no ambitions to collect any metal band trading cards, I also don't really care that they're included and don't feel the need to request Roxx stop making 'em.  My only complaint is that I don't want to pay for extras I don't want (not that these got to be very expensive, but just in general).  For example, my wife gets some vitamin stuff online and it always comes in this fancy packaging with personalized notes, stickers, etc. which all gets promptly thrown away.  It'd be nice if they offered a discounted "just-the-goods" option for cheapskates like me hahaha.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Black Rider, Staybrite, deathisgain and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JaggedDoctrine Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:16 am

As a person who collected cards in my younger days, I am totally cool with them.
JaggedDoctrine
JaggedDoctrine
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

http://jaggeddoctrine.com

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:55 am

I don't care for the cards.  I have literally thrown them away as I was never a card collector of anything.

Now a sticker, I might keep.  Someday I hope to take a guitar amp apart and put the guts into an antique suitcase.  I would use the stickers to make it look like the suitcase had travelled around the world but it would instead be band stickers of artists I like.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Sat Aug 05, 2023 12:10 pm

My feelings about them are exactly like Kerrick's.  I have a ziploc bag where I keep all of the extra stuff that has come with CDs over the years.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Sat Aug 05, 2023 5:27 pm

I think they are kind of neat, but I don't "collect" them.  I stick them in the back of the case or in the cd booklet.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonWarrior Fri Sep 22, 2023 2:46 pm

This is from Retroactive, not Roxx, but the card that came with my What a Joke gold disc misspells Jimmy Brown's name as "Jimmuy" on the front, lol.

Last edited by CrimsonWarrior on Fri Sep 22, 2023 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
CrimsonWarrior
CrimsonWarrior
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Staybrite, Pethead and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jaydeecrawson Fri Sep 22, 2023 5:55 pm

too old and tired to care. LOL!!

jaydeecrawson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Pethead and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Sat Sep 23, 2023 5:30 pm

ROXX don't do trading cards. They include stickers or a post card. BOONES and GIRDER include trading cards. I have a binder with the trading cards, stickers, hype stickers, photos, etc. I'd say keep them coming. I used to collect hockey cards back when the LA Kings had the purple jerseys.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by crucifyd Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:37 pm

Soldier777 wrote:ROXX don't do trading cards.

they did for the Human Sacrifice 35th Anniversary release
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by bodachi Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:05 pm

Fine. Title fixed
bodachi
bodachi
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bodachi Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:08 pm

Anyway,  none of y'all are as passionate about these things as I am, only 20 votes after almost 2 months. Just figured if they stopped including them with the album we could save $1 every time
bodachi
bodachi
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Sat Sep 23, 2023 11:49 pm

bodachi wrote:Anyway,  none of y'all are as passionate about these things as I am, only 20 votes after almost 2 months. Just figured if they stopped including them with the album we could save $1 every time
 If saving a dollar a CD was guaranteed if they stopped doing it, they should stop doing it.  I don't know what they cost and like I (really Kerrick) said above, I don't care enough.  That's why I didn't vote.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down