The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prayer Requests

4 posters

Go down

Prayer Requests Empty Prayer Requests

Post by ThomasEversole Sun Jun 11, 2023 1:30 pm

My dad was recently diagnosed with Parkinson's.  My mother thinks he's been 'trying' to hide it for the past 10 years, but the family could see his hand tremors, as well as him gripping something to hide those.  My father is embarrassed by this diagnosis and wants to keep it quiet, and while "I can do this myself" has worked great for him the first 60 years of his life, that isn't going to work for him 10 years from now.

The memories I have of my grandfather (my dad's dad), were of battling his own late stage Parkinson's.  Needless to say, with grandpa having it and dad having it, I can't help but feel like I've got about 20 years (if that) before its my turn.  Something my grandmother said when I was a kid has been resonating with me recently.  "The first time your grandpa didn't know who I was, it broke my heart."

I can't help but contemplate that my mother will go through that too, and possibly later, my own wife as well.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Staybrite, Andreas89, BaleMaster, MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Prayer Requests Empty Re: Prayer Requests

Post by MagnusPrime Sun Jun 11, 2023 2:28 pm

You and your family are in my prayers, brother.
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

ThomasEversole, BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:55 pm

I'm praying for your dad as well as you.

Quite a few years ago my grandpa got Parkinson's but they were able to catch it early enough to slow its effects with decent success.  With modern medicine, I hope and pray that this awful disease will have as minimal impact on him as possible.

Tyrant
Tyrant

ThomasEversole and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:17 pm

I'm so sorry, Thomas.  My uncle (not a blood relative) passed away from Parkinson's but he lasted long, to 87 years old.  
I know there are traditional as well as alternative medicine treatments available, but learning about them and getting started early is important.  I tried with my uncle but my aunt was not willing to pursue it.  Anyway, that is what I would pursue if I thought I was in that line.   Instead I have other ailments that will likely take me down eventually.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

ThomasEversole likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down