The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phil Keaggy Interview

2 posters

Go down

Phil Keaggy Interview  Empty Phil Keaggy Interview

Post by Sevenoneself Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:41 pm

I thought someone here recommended this a week or two ago, but I can't find it. It's an interview from 2 weeks ago.

I'm a fairly big Phil Keaggy fan, but I'm far from an expert. Things I learned that were interesting:
1) There are two Mark Heard songs on Sunday's Child, and Heard sing and played on quite a few songs on that album.
2) The left-handed Olsen guitar that Phil gave John McCartney was extra stock because the original purchaser didn't have enough money to purchase it. Olsen guitars contacted Phil when they found out he was going to the same wedding as McCartney, and asked him to give it McCartney. I had always wondered how Phil had $10,000 sitting around for a gift and why he'd give it to McCartney even though they weren't close friends.
3) In retrospect Phil wishes he had put all the instrumentals on Find Me In These Fields at the end of the album, b/c the album lost alot of punch because of that.

There were alot more interesting facts, but these are all the ones I remember!

Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Dustofyears likes this post

Back to top Go down

Phil Keaggy Interview  Empty Re: Phil Keaggy Interview

Post by Dustofyears Mon Apr 03, 2023 1:20 am

Master and the musician is an amazing album. A forever favorite of mine, like an old friend I've known since the dawn of time it seems.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down