The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone know where to find the schedule for the 1987 Cornerstone Festival?

3 posters

Go down

Anyone know where to find the schedule for the 1987 Cornerstone Festival?  Empty Anyone know where to find the schedule for the 1987 Cornerstone Festival?

Post by GlassPrison Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:02 pm

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know of any resources that list the performers for individual days of the classic editions of the Cornerstone Festival? I am trying to confirm some info for a Barren Cross live recording that is allegedly from the 1987 festival. I haven't been able to find anything to suggest that they actually played that iteration of Cornerstone, however, much less anything indicating which specific date. 

Thanks for any help!
GlassPrison
GlassPrison
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Anyone know where to find the schedule for the 1987 Cornerstone Festival?  Empty Re: Anyone know where to find the schedule for the 1987 Cornerstone Festival?

Post by Raegoul Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:41 pm

Google knows

Cornerstone 1987 Setlist

No BC in 87, the played in 86 tho, you can access all years through the link.
Raegoul
Raegoul
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Anyone know where to find the schedule for the 1987 Cornerstone Festival?  Empty Re: Anyone know where to find the schedule for the 1987 Cornerstone Festival?

Post by GlassPrison Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:24 am

Raegoul wrote:Google knows

Cornerstone 1987 Setlist

Thanks, but I don't think I can rely on setlist.fm as they say that Barren Cross was not on the Cornerstone bill in 1990 and yet there is footage online showing that they were. I was hoping there was some kind of photo archive or advertisements showing the bands. Just a shot in the dark though...
GlassPrison
GlassPrison
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Raegoul likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Raegoul Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:02 am

GlassPrison wrote:
Raegoul wrote:Google knows

Cornerstone 1987 Setlist

Thanks, but I don't think I can rely on setlist.fm as they say that Barren Cross was not on the Cornerstone bill in 1990 and yet there is footage online showing that they were. I was hoping there was some kind of photo archive or advertisements showing the bands. Just a shot in the dark though...
I see… it‘s possible one of the heads here might now.
Raegoul
Raegoul
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Jetway777 Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:58 am

GlassPrison wrote:Hi everyone,

Does anyone know of any resources that list the performers for individual days of the classic editions of the Cornerstone Festival? I am trying to confirm some info for a Barren Cross live recording that is allegedly from the 1987 festival. I haven't been able to find anything to suggest that they actually played that iteration of Cornerstone, however, much less anything indicating which specific date. 

Thanks for any help!
Barren Cross Did Not Play At Cornerstone 1987 They Played At Cornerstone 1986 on July 4  .....You Have Bad INFO ............
Jetway777
Jetway777
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by GlassPrison Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:46 pm

Thanks, I figured out that it was mislabeled as Cornerstone when in fact is from "HIS Fest," June 27, 1987 in Riverside, CA.
GlassPrison
GlassPrison
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Jetway777 Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:51 am

GlassPrison wrote:Thanks, I figured out that it was mislabeled as Cornerstone when in fact is from "HIS Fest," June 27, 1987 in Riverside, CA.
That's FUNNY I have the Master Tape of that Barren Cross  HIS FEST  you must have gotten  a copy still floating around .............. rabbit
Jetway777
Jetway777
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by GlassPrison Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:26 am

Jetway777 wrote:
GlassPrison wrote:Thanks, I figured out that it was mislabeled as Cornerstone when in fact is from "HIS Fest," June 27, 1987 in Riverside, CA.
That's FUNNY I have the Master Tape of that Barren Cross  HIS FEST  you must have gotten  a copy still floating around .............. rabbit

Nice! The quality is very listenable, and the setlist is very extensive. Must have been a long day. At one point you can hear one of the audience members nearby ask what time it is and someone answers "11:05" and they are barely halfway through the set.
GlassPrison
GlassPrison
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Jetway777 Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:47 pm

GlassPrison wrote:
Jetway777 wrote:

Nice! The quality is very listenable, and the setlist is very extensive. Must have been a long day. At one point you can hear one of the audience members nearby ask what time it is and someone answers "11:05" and they are barely halfway through the set.
Yeah ...The Guy who recorded it told me he used a very expensive stereo mic which explains the soundboardish type quality! ...There were 10 bands who actually played this first ever all Christian Metal festival called HIS 1 .....Barren Cross were the headliners and were suppose to play last , but Holy Right ended up playing last starting at midnight... 
Here's a complete list of the bands that played that day ..I have Full Festival Audio ALL MASTER TAPES......

DELIVERANCE ( with Larry Farkas Of Vengeance On Lead Guitar ) 
CONTAGIOUS
SOLDIER
ZELUS (LAST SHOW) 
MESSIAH PROPHET (SUPRISE FILL IN  BAND) 
ETERNAL RYTE
GARDIAN
C.R.O.S.S (PUNK BAND)
BARREN CROSS
HOLY RIGHT
Jetway777
Jetway777
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down