The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All My Best Projects (imo)

Go down

All My Best Projects (imo) Empty All My Best Projects (imo)

Post by M_Mosher Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:29 pm

The following is pretty much a mirror of a post I made over at The Blackest Light forums last week. With the exception of this introdution, the rest of it remains as it is,  verbatim. While I've never registered here before, I had been aware of the CMR forums' existence for years. I had thought about making an account before, but never got around to it. 

Not all of my Christian projects are Black Metal, but since I'm primarily a Black Metal artist, I've included them here, as well as in note of the following:

A few of my projects fall outside of the strictly "Christian Metal" tag altogether, but I wasn't sure the best idea would be to make a separate thread in another forum for "non-Christian" music (which would make 3 separate threads, if I were to separate all my projects accordingly), so what I've opted to do is put the not-specifically-Christian music at the end of the list, with an appropriate header for clarification. 

I'll start with what I believe to be my best and/or favorite material, and put the least-favorite afterwards.

Although controversial perhaps, I'm starting with Wothanskreuz, my most recent favorite project, which I'd like to bring more attention to. I am, of course, willing to answer any questions about this project, or any other on the list. Suffice it to say that Wothanskreuz is, indeed, a Christian project, although it may not at first appear as such upon a superficial cursory glance: 

Wothanskreutz - Embarking Upon the Path (2021) (Mediafire direct download)
(Christopagan Atmospheric Unblack Metal/DSBM)

Wothanskreuz - The Old Ways (2021) (Mediafire direct download)
(Christopagan Atmospheric Unblack Metal)

Wothanskreuz - Gnostick Suicide 2008 Re-Issue (2021) (Mediafire direct download)
(Electronic/Digital DSBM)

[Note: Wothanskreuz was created during a time of spiritual turmoil for me, following a near-attempt at suicide. 
My views could be called "Christopagan," but which would be more rightly termed as Christian with a view toward pre-Christian archetypes as being representative of YHWH and Jesus Christ. As such, it is probably too "Pagan" for most Christians, and too "Christian" for most Pagans. 

More than this, the themes of the album were wrapped up with the praxis of "dextro-shamanism," a sort of chemognostic practice whereby these ancient spiritual and ancestral motifs were explored via the use of specific dissociative molecules used as medication.
Whatever the case, whatever the criticism that may result, the Lord used this project somehow to save me from suicide, and introduce me to some very paranormal spiritual phenomena which occurred over the following months; phenomena my wife and I are still attempting to totally explain or understand. 

"Gnostick Suicide," originally released under various names since 2008, was placed under the Wednes project around 2018 if memory serves correctly. 
It was removed from Wednes around 2019, re-released under the shortlived LHP project Level 131 (now defunct). GS was then re-issued under Wothanskreuz, due to the underground influence it had among the "dextro" culture at the time of its creation, and due to the thrust of the Wothanskreuz project in that direction, it made sense to re-issue it under that project. 

Artwork for each album gratuitously provided by my wife Jewel.]

Sanctification/Docile Servant (Atmospheric Unblack Metal/DSBM)

Horeb - S/T (2020) (Stoner-DSBM/Post-Black) 

Hated - Comfort (2014) (DSBM/Post-Black - link to Coleiosis YT)

Exalted Saviour (2013-2018) (Atmospheric/Symphonic Unblack) (Feat. Noizen on "Blood Sacrifice" album)

Rotting Serpent (2003-2018) (Unblack/Depressive/Doom/Death/Acoustic)

Euphemism - Gathered Here Together (2020) (Funeral Doom w/ clean vocals)

Jesus People Of Doom - That Old-School SON Worship (2021) (Doom Metal, various styles: Stoner/Psychedelic-Folk/Funeral/Blackened)

Cult Of Divine Mercy - Hempgnosis (2017) (Stoner/Funeral Doom)

Pentagrammaton (2020) (Christian Occult Rock/Psychedelic/Instrumental)

Mourning Woods (2011-2017) (Bad Post-Unblack)

Baptist Chvrch/CRRYXIA (Witch House/Experimental Electronica)

Escape From Hell (2013-2020) (early-Harsh Noise/Electronica/later-Electronica)

---Music not specifically Christian, or with no direct spiritual focus----

Michael Mosher (2020-2021) (early-Experimental Acoustic/later-Post Punk/Goth Rock)

Sun Won't Rise - Not Here, Not Now (2018) (Doomgaze/Post-Black)

Methysticum/MOLD (Narcotic Metal/DSBM - Funeral Doom)

Razorwind (2018-2020) (early-Blacknoise/later-Atmospheric Folk/Instrumental BM)

Devotee (2018) (early-Raw Atmospheric BM/later-BM w/ influences of Punk/Reggae)

Buzzpuppy (2021) (Doom/Grunge)

Salat - Hayya al las Salah (2018) (Islamic White Metal - feat. Noizen)

Wednes (2005-2021) (Electronic Metal/Ambient/Dungeon Synth)

XyLense (2006-2020) (early-Pop/later-Synthwave/Electronica)

Mannaz Tree - depsrtobe (2022) (Gothic Noise Rap)

NOTICE: Most of the linked material should be at very least "Christian friendly," although some releases may be more controversial than others. The Salat project was made at a time when I had briefly converted to Islam, yes, but I was not opposed to Christianity even then. Noizen (who appears on the album) is Greek Orthodox, so there is still 1 Christian member, even then. 

The Sun Won't Rise album linked is arguably one of my best albums, and while it appears under the SWR name, it should not be associated with the previous albums as it stands out markedly from the rest. It was intended to showcase a milestone, as I moved the project in a new direction. That I haven't yet continued the project since, is more of a coincidence rather than any decision rendered. 

The Mannaz Tree album is me "scream-rapping" over beats composed of re-worked Euphemism background tracks. Some of the albums over on the Mannaz Tree page proper (i.e., the Rob Graves albums, as well as MT "Tha D.R.I.P. EP") may not be suitable for sensitive Christian audiences: listener discretion is advised. 

Finally, if there is anything here which admins think should not be here, let me know, and I will remove it altogether, or remove the link and just leave the title (showing it exists). I'm willing to compromise, and it isn't my intention to 'rock the boat,' so to speak. 

All I wanted to do was give a comprehensive and thorough list of my available projects, for those who may be interested, or trying to find them. 

With all love and many blessings, 
-Mayonnaise.
M_Mosher
M_Mosher
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

https://michaelmosher.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down