The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone seeing Petra in Nashville tomorrow?

+6
Black Rider
Frozen Fire
Temple of Blood
Pethead
MagnusPrime
alldatndensum
10 posters

Go down

Anyone seeing Petra in Nashville tomorrow? Empty Anyone seeing Petra in Nashville tomorrow?

Post by alldatndensum Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:32 pm

I am going to see their 50th anniversary show in Nashville.  Will any of my CMR family be there?

If you are at the show, come find me!  I will be wearing a Saint t-shirt with their newest albumn cover on it and a black paperboy hat.  I am a big guy, so I should stand out a touch.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Staybrite, Pethead, MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Anyone seeing Petra in Nashville tomorrow? Empty Re: Anyone seeing Petra in Nashville tomorrow?

Post by MagnusPrime Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:56 pm

alldatndensum wrote:I am going to see their 50th anniversary show in Nashville.  Will any of my CMR family be there?

If you are at the show, come find me!  I will be wearing a Saint t-shirt with their newest albumn cover on it and a black paperboy hat.  I am a big guy, so I should stand out a touch.

Wish I was going!
Hope you have a great time!!  cheers

See if you can take some pics or video and share it with us!
Rock on 1
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Anyone seeing Petra in Nashville tomorrow? Empty Re: Anyone seeing Petra in Nashville tomorrow?

Post by Pethead Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:21 pm

If it were at all possible, I’d be there. Sadly, I won’t be able to make it. But have fun!
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:48 am

I wish I could.  I'm sure it will be awesome!  Have fun!
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:52 pm

Saw them in Versailles Ohio with my 10yr and 7yr old sons. They had a great time and Petra played enough medleys within the set to hit a lot of my boys' familiar favorites (though they, just as I, prefer the Volz era). Have fun tonight!
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Pethead, MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:56 am

Frozen Fire wrote:Saw them in Versailles Ohio with my 10yr and 7yr old sons. They had a great time and Petra played enough medleys within the set to hit a lot of my boys' familiar favorites (though they, just as I, prefer the Volz era). Have fun tonight!

When it comes to Petra, I am a total Schlitt-head! 

The guys were great!  Bob's still got the chops at 72.  John still sounded good but you could tell he was having some throat issues.  It was awesome to see John Lawry back with them, too!

I had to go last night as I know there won't be many more opportunities to see this legacy band.  I had never been able to see them before, so this was my time.  I had a great time and was blessed just to be there!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Black Rider, CrimsonWarrior, Pethead, MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:20 am

Luckily I've seen them with both singers and I can't pick a favorite.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

alldatndensum, Pethead, MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:27 am

I’ve only seen them with John, but on the spot on the farewell tour in 05 they had Greg Hough with them, so that was cool.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Sat Nov 05, 2022 1:02 pm

I saw your FB post. I also saw George Ochoa's FB posts of being at the same show.
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:17 pm

oldschooldoom wrote:I saw your FB post. I also saw George Ochoa's FB posts of being at the same show.

If he was there, I didn't recognize him.

I did see and meet Jay Sekulo, though.  He was standing near the t-shirt table for Petra.  I asked if he were in line and he said no.  I said, "Hey, you're Jay Sekulo!".  He replied, "Yes, I am!".  I returned and said, "Well, it's good to meet you, sir."  I shook his hand and then went about getting me a shirt.  I didn't bother him for an autograph or photo or anything and he seemed like that thrilled him.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:41 pm

I saw the Classic line up Petra reunion show on youtube with Greg X on vocals. If this show is going to be anything like that, then it's going to be amazing. Everything is spot on. Out of this world musicians those guys. And Greg's voice is something else. Wish I could go.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:29 am

Dustofyears wrote:I saw the Classic line up Petra reunion show on youtube with Greg X on vocals. If this show is going to be anything like that, then it's going to be amazing. Everything is spot on. Out of this world musicians those guys. And Greg's voice is something else. Wish I could go.

It wasn't the CPR crew.  It was John Schlitt and Bob Hartman.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Second Wind Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:07 pm

I was remembering when I met John Schillit In a solo unplugged concert along with Michael Sweet back in 2018, if I am not mistaken.

He was very kind to the fans and posed for photos.

Btw, Michael was very kind too, I met him before the concert in a meet and greet.

Second Wind
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:55 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:I saw the Classic line up Petra reunion show on youtube with Greg X on vocals. If this show is going to be anything like that, then it's going to be amazing. Everything is spot on. Out of this world musicians those guys. And Greg's voice is something else. Wish I could go.

It wasn't the CPR crew.  It was John Schlitt and Bob Hartman.
Ahh. Still would've been a great show no doubt. I just really Greg a bunch better. And he lost nothing in that reunion, just like it was captured in time and space all over again.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:40 am

OK so I've never been a Petra fan or an AOR guy but what is the hardest Rocking Petra album and the best Album if they aren't the same.
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Black Rider and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:56 am

mothy wrote:OK so I've never been a Petra fan or an AOR guy but what is the hardest Rocking Petra album and the best Album if they aren't the same.
More Power to Ya from the Greg era and Beyond Belief from the John era.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

mothy and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:58 am

Hardest rocking is either On Fire! or Jekyll and Hyde. Also check out Come and Join Us for some 70s hard rock.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

mothy and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Mon Nov 07, 2022 1:58 pm

Jekyll and Hyde is so hard rocking it doesn't sound like Petra
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down