The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for Christin freindly NWOBHM

4 posters

Go down

Looking for Christin freindly NWOBHM Empty Looking for Christin freindly NWOBHM

Post by mothy Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:31 am

As the title says Im looking for Christian friendly NWOBHM bands new and old. I have gone through alot the the Top 25 lists but quite a few went after the Satanic Imagery. I know of the common stuff but looking for more.
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Looking for Christin freindly NWOBHM Empty Re: Looking for Christin freindly NWOBHM

Post by Kerrick Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:40 pm

How do you feel about bands that sing in different languages?

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Looking for Christin freindly NWOBHM Empty Re: Looking for Christin freindly NWOBHM

Post by mothy Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:50 pm

Kerrick wrote:How do you feel about bands that sing in different languages?
Hit and miss but what do you have?
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:30 pm

Cool!  Well, I've mentioned some/most of these before, but here are a few favorites of mine from Eastern Europe where my wife is from [Slovakia].

One of my favorite bands is Sexit.  Only their first album is metal but all their subsequent albums are really excellent too.  (They're rock but quite eclectic.)  Their lyrics are mostly just about life, poetry, and whatnot, but some of their songs have references to Christianity.  From what my wife tells me, their lyrics are very well written and quite poetic.  Here's from their first album:

I was recommended Dereš at a little music shop while visiting my in-laws and I really enjoy their stuff.  It's fun, upbeat, and has a certain charm to it.  Lyrics are benign.  I got a double-CD of their entire discography: one disc is a new(ish) album and the other disc a compilation of all their demo material.  It's good stuff.

Slovakia's most famous metal band is Tublatanka.  They've been around forever and are still rockin' it.  I don't own any of their music though because my wife says she can't stand how silly/cheesy their lyrics are hahaha.  Maybe one of these days I'll pick up their stuff because I do like the sound and I'm pretty certain there's nothing bad in their lyrics.

Classica from Hungary actually is a Christian band.  They're a bit proggier than anything else I listed here but have that "classic" feel.  They have three albums and it's a little confusing because their first official album "I" got re-released and renamed to "II" and their demo got released as "I".  "II" is phenomenal.  "I" is pretty good and I don't care nearly as much for "III."  Anyways, here's "II":

From Hungary is a band called Stress.  The main guy supposedly is a Christian and one of their songs is about defeating Satan apparently.

I just splurged and bought all of Motorband's CDs and have been really enjoying them.  I can't speak to much of their lyrics because most weren't printed online anywhere that I could see.  But the one album of theirs that's in English is clean and the main guy is a Christian.  I'll have my wife glance through them but I'm pretty confident there won't be anything objectionable.  Fun music.  Here's from their first album:

I really enjoy Citron though I think some of the lyrics from their older stuff are a bit PG-13...  In more recent years the band split and the main guy from Kreyson sorta took over.  (He was their vocalist for a bit back when and rejoined - with many of the other members leaving and forming Limetall instead.)  Their new stuff is totally clean and much of their old stuff is too I believe.  But you might want to vet specific albums (their album Sex Bomby is a bit crude, but it's also my least favorite musically).

I mentioned Kreyson which is more power-metal but if you're not already a fan, you should change that!  Also my wife mentioned to me Metalinda which is a bit more hair-metal IIRC but you may like them too.  Let me know if any of these fit what you're looking for!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:50 pm

Thanks, Ive tried some out but cant seem to get into it with not knowing the lyrics. Motorband wasnt bad though. Classica and Citron I love the music but the lyrics made it harder.

Oddly enough Ive done a little digging  into the band Satan. Read quite a few interviews and dug into song lyrics on my lunch break and really surprised. I always wrote them off based on their name. The name came around their song material being sometimes about the bad that happens in the world. They also have some subtle Christian themes (not trying to being tongue in cheek or blasphemous).

If anyone has info to counter what ive been reading etc I would love to know. The music is great and the lyrics not bad. Hoping to find more
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:19 pm

I assume you know Saxon but they are pretty safe lyrics. Also check out Tokyo Blade and Tygers of Pan Tang and
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

mothy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:19 am

So I found Distant Past. They have an album (Rise of the Fallen) they describe as :
THE FORCES OF LIGHT vs THE FORCES OF DARKNESS
Distant Past return with their most ambitious work to date: A Concept album about the eternal battle of Good vs. Evil. Lucifer, the fallen Angel takes on the Incarnation of God’s Son.
None other than Gloryhammer Singer Thomas L. Winkler joins the band to take the role of “The Son” to defend Mankind and save them from the evil influences of “The Fallen Angel”, performed by Jvo Julmy, who also embodies “The Voice of Mankind” in this new and exciting Album based on the greatest story ever told.
Both singers were once with Troiano part of the Swiss Heavy Metal Group Emerald. Exciting to see and hear both Singers together on an Album. Only seldom at some rare gigs they’ve shared the stage.
Songs like “End of the World” and “Scriptural Truth” are a great example of the two singers at their best, battling it out vocally. The opening song “Masters of Duality” takes the listener by storm with his effective Riff and the closing Song “By the Light of the Morning Star” blends in on the true nature of the main characters, light and shade, a revelation of their true nature.

Each song has a passage of scripture listed as the source. Its NWOBHM mixed with traditional heavy metal and some power metal.

mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:54 pm

mothy wrote:Thanks, Ive tried some out but cant seem to get into it with not knowing the lyrics. Motorband wasnt bad though. Classica and Citron I love the music but the lyrics made it harder.

Oddly enough Ive done a little digging  into the band Satan. Read quite a few interviews and dug into song lyrics on my lunch break and really surprised. I always wrote them off based on their name. The name came around their song material being sometimes about the bad that happens in the world. They also have some subtle Christian themes (not trying to being tongue in cheek or blasphemous).

If anyone has info to counter what ive been reading etc I would love to know. The music is great and the lyrics not bad. Hoping to find more

Gotcha.  Yeah the foreign language thing is usually either a love-it-or-hate-it deal.  For what it's worth, Classica's third album is all in English; it's only their first two that are in Hungarian.  Some of the guys from Classica went on to the prog metal band Nemesis (renamed to Age Of Nemesis) and I think they sing in mostly English.

I'll be very interested to hear what you find regarding Satan!  I always automatically dismissed them due to their name as well so this is news to me.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:56 pm

Kerrick wrote:
mothy wrote:Thanks, Ive tried some out but cant seem to get into it with not knowing the lyrics. Motorband wasnt bad though. Classica and Citron I love the music but the lyrics made it harder.

Gotcha.  Yeah the foreign language thing is usually either a love-it-or-hate-it deal.  For what it's worth, Classica's third album is all in English; it's only their first two that are in Hungarian.  Some of the guys from Classica went on to the prog metal band Nemesis (renamed to Age Of Nemesis) and I think they sing in mostly English.

I'll be very interested to hear what you find regarding Satan!  I always automatically dismissed them due to their name as well so this is news to me.
I forgot about theat 1 Classica albumn.

here are the 2 interviews I dug up on Satan:

https://www.deathmetal.org/interview/interview-with-satan/

https://www.decibelmagazine.com/2013/04/08/interview-steve-ramsey-on-keeping-the-devil-out-of-satan-s-resurrection/

I read through some lyrics on Metal-archives.com as well.
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:57 pm

Holocaust - Covenant
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

mothy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:37 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:Holocaust - Covenant

Not bad so far. Thanks
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Temple of Blood likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:36 pm

So far Ive come across (outside of what I already posted) and unless people know otherwise they seem to be Christian Friendly

Night : NWOBHM mixed with 70's hard rock. I cant stop listening to these guys.
Bomber:
Steel Shock
Tantrum
Riot City
Reckless Force

Im still researching a few more as well.
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:57 pm

The last 2 Heavy Load release are really good and seem to be Christian friendly
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:22 pm

mothy wrote:The last 2 Heavy Load release are really good and seem to be Christian friendly

I got the impression that the most recent Angel Witch album was as well.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:50 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
mothy wrote:The last 2 Heavy Load release are really good and seem to be Christian friendly

I got the impression that the most recent Angel Witch album was as well.
It isnt too bad, and honestly even looking at there first album lyrics they arent bad either.
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:08 pm

Progy NWOBHM with some Christian Themes:

mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:53 am

Dark Forest kind of fits that sound to.
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:29 pm

Skelator seems friendly enough as well.
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down