The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Synth rackmounts for your keyboard?

2 posters

Go down

Synth rackmounts for your keyboard? Empty Synth rackmounts for your keyboard?

Post by Banshee Wed May 30, 2012 6:27 pm

Anyone here have any experience with adding a synth rack module to their keyboard? I have a roland GX-700...considering how much i spent on this baby, and the excellent quality of the keyboard action (not to mention how much money I don't have right now), I'm thinking I'd rather add to its capabilities than go for a totally new keyboard. Any advice?
Banshee
Banshee
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Synth rackmounts for your keyboard? Empty Re: Synth rackmounts for your keyboard?

Post by Tobi Elektrik Wed May 30, 2012 8:07 pm

Did you already thought about the option of a laptop + software ? That might be the cheapest option on a long run. There are tons of great synth-VSTs out there for much lower prices than a rack-synth.
You can get even pretty impressive freeware.

Just a thought... I know how cool the "real deal" is with real knobs and jacks... Very Happy
Tobi Elektrik
Tobi Elektrik
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Synth rackmounts for your keyboard? Empty Re: Synth rackmounts for your keyboard?

Post by Banshee Thu May 31, 2012 10:41 am

Yeah, I've considered the laptop+software thing, but at this point, that would actually cost me more, considering i don't already own said laptop. Also, this could be only my own preference asserting itself, but i really feel that a rack mount is a little more "stage-friendly" than a laptop. ...considering live performance is the ultimate use of the keyboard...

I guess i gotta admit i just have a fetish for the real deal...I won't even consider getting an electric accordion, nevermind how much easier that would be to put through a p/a....it just seems to me that without the reeds making the sound, what's the point of even playing accordion? May as well just turn on the accordion sound on my keyboard!

I feel as if the music on my ipod is somehow 'less real' than music on my vinyl albums.

...Now that you know where i'm coming from....

I've been looking at things like the rack modules from nord...yes, with all the knobs etc. I even looked at a couple of rack modules with only jack input, and though they looked really cool, they were the size of a cupboard/end table. ....When you already have a huge keyboard to cart around, it's a little much!

It will be some time before i can even think about buying one though, so i have the time to pick out what's really going to work best for me.
Banshee
Banshee
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down