The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1980s blockbusters that are being resurrected

4 posters

Go down

1980s blockbusters that are being resurrected Empty 1980s blockbusters that are being resurrected

Post by oldschooldoom Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:49 am

Here are 10 1980s blockbusters that are being resurrected, whether you like it or not.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/gallery/1980s-blockbusters-that-are-being-resurrected-%e2%80%94-whether-you-like-it-or-not/ss-AAHuHjl?li=BBnb7Kz

• Numerous blockbusters from the 1980s are set to be remade in the coming years.
  • From sci-fi thrillers like "Dune" to comic strip-adaptation "Flash Gordon," the next few years will see plenty of older movies getting a modern update.
  • Stars like Ryan Reynolds and Timothée Chalamet will appear in some of the remakes of beloved '80s films.

1980s movies have gotten a second life in Hollywood in recent years, with remakes of classics like "Ghostbusters" and "It" becoming box office hits.
The '80s remake trend shows no sign of slowing down. Iconic films from the decade like "Scarface," "Dune," and "Clue" are all set to be remade in the next few years.
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

1980s blockbusters that are being resurrected Empty Re: 1980s blockbusters that are being resurrected

Post by WildWorld Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:00 am

Dune and Flash Gordon existed long before the 1980s. Heck, Scarface (1983) is a remake of a 30s film.

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

1980s blockbusters that are being resurrected Empty Re: 1980s blockbusters that are being resurrected

Post by alldatndensum Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:33 am

I just don't know about seeing these remade.  Hollyweird seems to be out of ideas and are rehashing stuff left and right now.  They don't want to risk anything on originality anymore, so let's just retread and hit the highway again.

Besides, very few remakes even touch the quality or fun of the original.  Most are just dumb remakes.  If they could actually IMPROVE these stories with more than just the FX, that would be nice.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:20 pm

As long as they leave Back To The Future alone I'm good. Robert Zemeckis says it will never happen. As for the other reboots, I haven't seen a single one (movies). I have seen the reboot of Magnum PI on TV and actually like it. My whole family loves it. I didn't think I would like Higgins as a woman but she plays the role nicely. When my wife and I mentioned Higgins used to be a man my daughters couldn't imagine a man in the part haha. Flash Gordon would be OK as long as it had the campy feel of the 1980 film. That's one of my all time favorite movies and has a great soundtrack.

There was also talk last year of ABC rebooting The Greatest American Hero with a female lead. Not sure if it ever got to the pilot stage or not but ABC nixed the idea pretty quick... And I would also be open to a new Six Million Dollar Man.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:08 am

Flash Gordon itself has been around since the 1930s

But I have been saying for decades that Flash Gordon needs a remake  same with Buck Rogers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down