The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tourniquet will release a new cd (best of?) in October

+14
crucifyd
Ted Kirkpatrick
TZ75
Wigeon
Fundy
Airola
/<
jaydeecrawson
stevegarveyfan
Tourniguy
Black Rider
Temple of Blood
eatbugs
Lex Metalis
18 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Tourniquet will release a new cd (best of?) in October - Page 3 Empty Re: Tourniquet will release a new cd (best of?) in October

Post by Airola Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:16 pm

LexMetalis wrote:I'll pass this cd... Great cover, but I have all the tracks and ''Fed...'' with new vocals I'll stream by official  ways. It's very expensive to import a cd now to Brazil, so I need to choice wisely what I want...

Yeah, I had to pay almost 30 dollars to get it to Finland... I imagine it's even more expensive to get it shipped to Brazil. It's pretty rough when the shipping costs as much or more than the cd...

TZ75 wrote:Only one track from Psycho Surgery! And it’s the instrumental...

Could it be a snub to Guy Ritter?

I think Broken Chromosomes is more of an “epic” track (in a emotional sense). Viento is cool, but it’s kind of just a showcase for a drum solo.

Nah, I don't think Ted holds any grudge towards Guy.

At first I thought he would included one song from every or almost every album, and from Psychosurgery my first pick would've been Broken Chromosomes. It's not really epic compositionwise, but it's really epic in other ways and especially emotionally. Viento Borrascoso would've been my second choice.

One big realization while wondering what songs will end up in the album was that on Gelatinous Tubercles of Purulent Ossification from Pathogenic is pretty darn epic too in my opinion! I managed to build one list of songs with that song included. Would've been awesome to have that there. I think it would've somehow fit the best with the mood of the cover art too! I've started to appreciate that song more and more. Back in the day it was the song I would most likely skip but it has grown to become one of my Tourniquet favorites.

Anyway, a cd can take only a bit over 76 minutes of music and with so many long tracks in Tourniquet's catalog it it's pretty hard to fill the length and at the same time have as many songs there as possible. Viento Borrascoso (or even K517) is a good song to use if there are only a few minutes left in disc space.

I messed around with songs and their lengths a lot, trying to get the picks be just around 76 minutes and it was really hard to come up with fitting combinations. There were certain songs I was sure would never be left out, like The Skeezix Dilemma and The Tomb of Gilgamesh and I held out for hope to have both Trivializing and The Hand Trembler included. Along with them I thought for sure Harlot Widow was going to be in. I even thought that maybe there wouldn't be any songs from Psycho Surgery but never made a list without Harlot Widow in it. So Broken Chromosomes not included wasn't even nearly as big of a shock and a surprise than Harlot Widow not included was.

By the way, Gary just posted Ready Or Not on Facebook and called it "epic TQT"... I wonder if he knows about this upcoming compilation and if that was a jab at that silent

Airola
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Tourniquet will release a new cd (best of?) in October - Page 3 Empty Re: Tourniquet will release a new cd (best of?) in October

Post by TZ75 Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:49 am

I agree that Harlot Widow should of qualified for the album! It’s got plenty of tempo changes and colorful riffs.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:01 pm

So this compilation got released.
You can check it out here: https://tourniquet.bandcamp.com/album/the-epic-tracks

The music has been remastered. You probably don't hear much difference to the original versions, but if you listen to them side by side the difference in sound is pretty clear. I think I prefer the originals though. The drums seem to be a bit louder, it's more bass heavy, but the guitars sound less sharp in some songs. I guess it's to make the songs fit each other a bit better. But really, you don't really notice much of the difference until you directly compare the songs to originals, and then it's clearly audible.

Then there's the new version of Fed by Ravens, Eaten by Vultures where Ripper Owens sings Luke Easter's parts. Honestly I think Luke's voice fit the song better but man that SCREAM in the "the ravens heard god's call" part is AMAZING! Tourniquet would really use more moments like that.

Overall it's a good set of songs. It's cool to have a release with a couple of "rarer" songs in there (Trivializing and The Hand Trembler) for people who never got the chance to buy The Collected Works and Acoustic Archives.

Apparently Ted has another limited version of this album for sale on Tqt website. It just has this "mirror" front panel where the cover picture is shiny and reflecting or something and I kinda want that, but I already paid 30 euros for a release that basically only has different vocals in one single song as a new thing for me, and as that limited version costs more, I'm not too fond of the idea of ending up paying 60-70 euros for two cds only to be able to have a shiny thing on my shelf.

Airola
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:58 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:Tourniquet:  The Most Dull, Indulgent Tracks with the Poorest Arrangements that No One Really Asked for More of

I hate to disrespect the band because they are very talented musicians, but I have to agree with the above statement.  
Every so often I try to listen to their albums and just can't get into them at all except for "Stop The Bleeding."
And maybe a few parts of other songs here and there.  One issue is that I cannot stomach Luke Easter's vocals.  LOL,
I did like some of the instrumental version of the "Antiseptic" album precisely because there were no vocals!   
I suppose it's just my personal taste, but I find Tourniquet and The Crucified to be two of the most over-rated bands in 
Christian metal.   But as long as they are doing what they are doing for the Lord, I will be happy about that and will 
support them in whatever way makes sense to me.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by Bahana Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:06 pm

I like Luke better on Vultures as well. Sometimes Ripper sounds too Halfordish and it doesn't seem like Tourniquet.
Bahana
Bahana
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3