The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantastic News! Paradox signs with Retroactive Records!!!!!

5 posters

Go down

paradox - Fantastic News! Paradox signs with Retroactive Records!!!!! Empty Fantastic News! Paradox signs with Retroactive Records!!!!!

Post by Guest Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:42 am

From an email from Boone's Overstock today...

Paradox (USA / San Antonio, Texas) just signed with Retroactive for a major release and distribution of all their songs "Ruler," "Power and Glory" & "The Wrath" as well as the upcoming release "The Return."  The band has regrouped with three original members! Retroactive Records will be officially releasing the long awaited music and the history of the band that time has long wrestled with. The timeless songs will re-instill in you the fire of God's love and remind you! ..... Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. And now I have told you before it happens, so that when it does happen, you will believe.

Manny Castillo (lead vocalist) 6-25-2019

If you like to fish, you know that sometimes the big one gets away!  The Christian metal scene proves no exception.  Just consider the well known groups from the eighties that released critically acclaims demos but still went unsigned: Soldier, Crossforce, Apostle, Armada, Chosen Stranger, Paragon, Revelation, Taker and a host of others too numerous to mention.

Paradox is another such band.  Originating out of San Antonio, Texas, Paradox was highly regarded in the Christian metal underground as a result of its two demo tapes, Ruler (1987) and Power And Glory (1989).  The group also placed a song, “Meet The King”, on the Underground Metal compilation (1988) in addition to releasing the full length effort The Wrath (1999). The various Paradox releases, as one might imagine, have been out of print and nearly impossible to find for quite some time.  

Paradox can best be described as middle of the road guitar orientated heavy metal.  Yes, the group is melodic but also brings more muscle than many of the hair and glam metal bands of the time.  As a result, I can see Paradox appealing to those into both metal on the heavier (Barren Cross, Saint & Armageddon) and lighter (Stryper, Shout & Guardian) side of things.  It makes for a good combination in that the group presents with enough variety to prevent its material from turning redundant with repeated listen.

Retroactive Records has been in conversations with Paradox about reissuing their catalog for almost 20 years!  We are THRILLED that we finally get to make these classic tunes available on CD and Vinyl so we can support the band, the ministry, and celebrate the legacy of one of the most important bands the Christian metal scene has ever known!  Be on the lookout for pre-orders....and save your pennys....these are going to be ESSENTIAL purchases!

Back to top Go down

paradox - Fantastic News! Paradox signs with Retroactive Records!!!!! Empty Re: Fantastic News! Paradox signs with Retroactive Records!!!!!

Post by Guest Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:44 am

This is awesome!

I actually purchased cd-r copies of all 3 of their albums directly from Manny Castillo about 6 years ago.

At the time, he did the remastering and cd creation on his own, I am not sure if Retroactive will be re-mastering them or just using his masters the way they are.

Really, I will be re-buying all 3 anyway...plus the new cd.

THIS one I am really excited about

Back to top Go down

paradox - Fantastic News! Paradox signs with Retroactive Records!!!!! Empty Re: Fantastic News! Paradox signs with Retroactive Records!!!!!

Post by Kerrick Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:59 am

I'm not familiar with these guys but have been in the mood for classic/heavy metal a lot lately.  What are some songs I should check out of theirs?

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:21 am

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:22 am

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:22 am

and one of my favorites..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:23 am

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:23 am

So they have a new release coming out as well, great news!!!
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:32 am

I like what I'm hearing!  I'll be keeping an eye out for this one.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:13 pm

It will be really nice to hear these demos again.  I remember ordering the Power & Glory cassette demo back in '88 after reading a review or blurb in Heaven's Metal about it.  I'm fairly certain I ordered it from a Long's Christian Music catalog.  They were based out of Florida.  I'm not sure whatever happened to Long's but I had ordered a LOT of cassettes from them through the mail, many of them hard to find demos, such as Thresher's "Totally Possessed".  This was back when you had to send money through the mail and wait for the goods to arrive.  People were a lot more patient then.  At any rate, I'm really happy that the Paradox stuff is getting new life.  A new album is just the icing on the cake.  Stoked!

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:17 pm

I am SO going to get these!  They sound a lot like Apostle!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:47 pm

I remember Long's, I ordered a few albums from them including the Paradox demo. This is great news, these deserve to have more people hear them. He rivals the guy from Steelheart on those high notes.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:10 pm

They didn't just get Paradox.  Scott Waters was showing off the cover for the anthology album by Holy Saint on Facebook.  Retroactive has some cool stuff!  Whiteray, Holy Saint, and now Paradox!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing1134 Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:07 pm

I've been waiting for this news for YEARS! One of my top three "Wish List" bands to have an official anthology release!

....now if someone could release Apostle & Latter Reign....
Pershing1134
Pershing1134
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down