The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Teramaze song.

+8
Devon Hill
eatbugs
alldatndensum
Pro-Zak
average joe
mothy
Temple of Blood
Black Rider
12 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

New Teramaze song. Empty New Teramaze song.

Post by Black Rider Thu May 23, 2019 3:39 pm

Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

New Teramaze song. Empty Re: New Teramaze song.

Post by Temple of Blood Thu May 23, 2019 4:01 pm

immaculate and indistinct
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Thu May 23, 2019 4:58 pm

Cant wait for this. And on a side not PLEASE PLEASE someone reissue Doxology, all copies are completely un-affordable
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Thu May 23, 2019 5:39 pm

I'll have to see how the rest sounds, this isn't bad but not grabbing me.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by average joe Thu May 23, 2019 7:17 pm

Unfortunately, they made one really good album in Doxology. All artsy boring modern rock stuff since. Doxology was thrashy with Sabastian Bach vocals. Really cool stuff!

average joe
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 23, 2019 7:49 pm

The talent is there but a little too sterile for my tastes.  Esoteric Symbolism was leagues better than both songs I've heard so far.  While I do appreciate the serious themes of the album (as the song titles seem to indicate) in addressing the very real conspiracies against everyone alive at this moment in time, I think the production could have been a little rawer and immediate.  I find the line in the song interesting..."is this all a lie?", while we see an astroNOT floating through "space".  It would be nice if someone tackled that colossal lie!  Yes, NASA fakes it folks!  Space, ISS, moon landings, Mars...everything!  But that's a topic for another thread.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Fri May 24, 2019 5:18 am

average joe wrote:Unfortunately, they made one really good album in Doxology. All artsy boring modern rock stuff since. Doxology was thrashy with Sabastian Bach vocals. Really cool stuff!

I actually prefer Tears to Dust.
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Fri May 24, 2019 6:49 am

Pro-Zak wrote:
average joe wrote:Unfortunately, they made one really good album in Doxology. All artsy boring modern rock stuff since. Doxology was thrashy with Sabastian Bach vocals. Really cool stuff!

I actually prefer Tears to Dust.

Both of those albums were golden.  Everything since has been rather blah.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Fri May 24, 2019 8:37 am

I hit them up on Facebook and asked about a Doxology re issue and got a reply that they own the rights to music and then got a smiley face (maybe something that might happen)

As for the new stuff I do enjoy it as much as the older stuff when you put it in context of current Prog Metal not the thrashy stuff in the early days
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Fri May 24, 2019 9:51 am

I wonder about reissues? Those first two were so blatantly Christian, it would confuse those who only knew the new stuff.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Sat May 25, 2019 5:07 am

Black Rider wrote:I wonder about reissues? Those first two were so blatantly Christian, it would confuse those who only knew the new stuff.

Bingo! I asked Lance King about this a few years back, he thought they had "moved on" from that and were not likely interested.
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Tue May 28, 2019 9:41 am

Pro-Zak wrote:
Black Rider wrote:I wonder about reissues? Those first two were so blatantly Christian, it would confuse those who only knew the new stuff.

Bingo! I asked Lance King about this a few years back, he thought they had "moved on" from that and were not likely interested.

"Whoever is ashamed of me and my words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of them when he comes in his glory and in the glory of the Father and of the holy angels."
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Tue May 28, 2019 6:00 pm

My thoughts: all of the above.

I love Tears to Dust (this thread may inspire me to give it another listen tonight).  I have not heard Doxology and would love to get it reissued.  They shouldn't worry too much about confusing fans with Christian content.  Klayton didn't when he reissued Circle of Dust.

Bands need to just come out and say where they are on the "Christian band" continuum.  I get artistically why a musician wouldn't want to be pigeonholed and I get from a marketing perspective why "Christian" can be limiting, but to avoid the issue entirely, especially when they have a history of Christian lyrics (you too Believer), runs into Temple of Blood's point about being ashamed of Christ.  If a band member fell away, say it (like Grammatrain).  If Christian members were replaced with non-Christians, say it.  If they are all Christians but don't want the "Christian" label, say it.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon Hill Thu May 30, 2019 1:46 pm

mothy wrote:Cant wait for this. And on a side not PLEASE PLEASE someone reissue Doxology, all copies are completely un-affordable

I'm curious to know how much they sell them for.  I actually have 3 sealed copies of Doxology (and 1 other unsealed that I use when I listen to it).  They are the Empire Records 1995 release.  I know that they are rare, but the only place I see the price is discogs, and they are selling them for a range of  approximately $165-$320 USD.  I don't see them for sale anywhere else.

Has anybody seen what they've gone for on other places or what they sell for typically?
Devon Hill
Devon Hill
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 30, 2019 2:11 pm

I'm fairly certain that the band aren't selling any copies (if they even have any).  The only place you can find Doxology is on discogs, where there are two listed at completely absurd prices.  I would love to buy a sealed copy if the price were right.

Back to top Go down

Post by average joe Thu May 30, 2019 8:31 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Pro-Zak wrote:

"Whoever is ashamed of me and my words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of them when he comes in his glory and in the glory of the Father and of the holy angels."

Interesting point, especially considering Doxology was their strongest album by a wide margin. In fact, their only album worth listening to IMO.

average joe
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Fri May 31, 2019 8:31 am

Devon Hill wrote:
mothy wrote:Cant wait for this. And on a side not PLEASE PLEASE someone reissue Doxology, all copies are completely un-affordable

I'm curious to know how much they sell them for.  I actually have 3 sealed copies of Doxology (and 1 other unsealed that I use when I listen to it).  They are the Empire Records 1995 release.  I know that they are rare, but the only place I see the price is discogs, and they are selling them for a range of  approximately $165-$320 USD.  I don't see them for sale anywhere else.

Has anybody seen what they've gone for on other places or what they sell for typically?

Thats the other thing, that is pretty much the only way to get them, I will pirate it before paying $200 for a CD (cant believe I said that but......) thats never going to be in the budget. Im not a collector just love to listen.

Man you got some money on your hands even if you sold them for 100 each.
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Fri May 31, 2019 8:45 am

I don't think they're popular enough for that price anyway.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Fri May 31, 2019 9:01 am

Black Rider wrote:I don't think they're popular enough for that price anyway.

Popular is irrelevant, from what Ive noticed is if they are hard to come by regardless of popularity metal CD's bring a premium. Boones is selling an Original Detritus Perpetual Defiance for $100
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Fri May 31, 2019 9:54 am

Someone will just upload all these rarities to YouTube at some point.  I can't imagine folks paying 100 bucks or more for an album.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri May 31, 2019 9:55 am

mothy wrote:

Popular is irrelevant, from what Ive noticed is if they are hard to come by regardless of popularity metal CD's bring a premium. Boones is selling an Original Detritus Perpetual Defiance for $100

Is Boone's selling it or trying to sell it though?  Wink  There are a ton of CDs on Amazon for ridiculous prices that the sellers must just be hoping some poor [wealthy] sap will come across and buy 'em.  But they usually just sit there forever it seems.  As another example, I recently tried to sell some AR-15 rifle sights on gunbroker.com and I even posted them for $10 cheaper than anyone else on there and they still didn't sell.  It's not just a matter of popularity and rarity but also how much folks are willing to fork over for it.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Fri May 31, 2019 9:58 am

Kerrick wrote:
mothy wrote:

Is Boone's selling it or trying to sell it though?  Wink  There are a ton of CDs on Amazon for ridiculous prices that the sellers must just be hoping some poor [wealthy] sap will come across and buy 'em.  But they usually just sit there forever it seems.  As another example, I recently tried to sell some AR-15 rifle sights on gunbroker.com and I even posted them for $10 cheaper than anyone else on there and they still didn't sell.  It's not just a matter of popularity and rarity but also how much folks are willing to fork over for it.
Good point "trying to sell" is correct.
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by average joe Fri May 31, 2019 11:10 am

Remastered and coming to Spotify. Posted this back in September:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10156508852860281&id=81019205280&__tn__=%2As%2As-R

average joe
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Fri May 31, 2019 11:18 am

Hmm I wonder why he didnt mention that when I asked?
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:34 pm

average joe wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Pro-Zak wrote:

Interesting point, especially considering Doxology was their strongest album by a wide margin. In fact, their only album worth listening to IMO.
Nonsense!
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next