The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saint's new singer, David Nelson, sounds amazing!

+4
oldschooldoom
strype53
Soldier777
Black Rider
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Saint's new singer, David Nelson, sounds amazing! Empty Re: Saint's new singer, David Nelson, sounds amazing!

Post by Black Rider Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:24 pm

I was just listening to this and thinking the same thing.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Saint's new singer, David Nelson, sounds amazing! Empty Re: Saint's new singer, David Nelson, sounds amazing!

Post by Guest Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:41 pm

Black Rider wrote:I was just listening to this and thinking the same thing.

He even looks the part..lol..

Now I'm anxious for a new album.

I was not a fan of the last album with the singer that replaced Josh

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:54 pm

I heard the In the Night clip and he sounds really good. Although the last singer did his best, it didn't seem the same with him singing and that is just my opinion. With albums like Time's End and Too Late For Living held in high regard and are fan favorites, to many Josh was the singer when they discovered Saint. I think this new guy David Nelson will fit really good with the Saint sound. I had my reservations where I think Josh was rejoining Saint and then heard he wasn't and then heard they had a new singer. Now I'm convinced he will do well. He reminds me of the current Accept singer Mark Tornillo. He can be heard in this link singing Princess of the Dawn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KeaNhPcNq0
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:19 pm

I agree, the last guy didn't seem to fit the Saint sound, not that he's a bad singer.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by strype53 Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:48 pm

I was impressed with how he sounded like Josh in the video clip. Looking forward to the new stuff!
strype53
strype53
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:59 pm

strype53 wrote:I was impressed with how he sounded like Josh in the video clip. Looking forward to the new stuff!

At first I thought it was Josh  affraid

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:09 pm

Indeed, he sure sounds more like Josh! Much more metal image too.

BTW, I was fortunate to see Josh's last performance. I was front and center.
He nailed it!!! Funny thing, when he arrived he was dressed conservatively and was so soft spoken. I thought he was my dentist friend, LOL. But then he put on the leathers and transformed in front of my eyes. Saint's new singer, David Nelson, sounds amazing! GiMtxemSaint's new singer, David Nelson, sounds amazing! 2Kke9A7
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:27 pm

Cool pic!

I've never had the chance to see them, but would have loved to see them with Josh

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:38 pm

D@v!d and I each drove for a few hours (me through miserable traffic during commute hour) to this little dive bar in Livermore to see Saint, only to discover that the show had been cancelled.  That was frustrating though we had a good time just hanging out anyways.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:44 pm

Haven't heard Dave yet. I thought Bryan did a fine job on the last one and it's pretty good. I'll have to give this guy a listen.

From what I understand, Josh was back in as he had moved back to Portland. There was even a pic of all of them when he came back. Then it was announced he "retired". Which is fine because I wish I could do the same!
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:15 pm

Looking forward to their new one tentatively entitled 'The Calf' to be released later this year
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:29 am

Just about finished. Have some more vocal tracks to do then master and printing. Looking forward to this it has been a long time coming!
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:41 am

Good news.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by /< Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:04 pm

Regarding their studio releases, Saint has been on fire since 2003's In the Battle.  ITB is actually my favorite Saint album, song for song, and I'm old enough to recall having to search out Time's End when it was first released on Pure Metal Records.  That poor lady at Hasting's music store back in 1986, having to thumb through the ordering catalog because I wouldn't leave her alone about this band called "Saint".  She tried to convince me it was a band called "Stevie & The Saints" but I assured her this apocalyptic metal band was simply called "Saint".

The only misstep from ITB onward - IMO - has been Crime Scene Earth/2.0:  To no fault of Richard's (who did a very commendable job on lead vox), I simply missed Josh on the first pressing... And the 2.0 version still seemed to suffer from some engineering/production problems (sounds a bit thin to my ears).  Minus The Perfect Life, I have every title Saint has delivered... Count me in as a fan, and I will definitely be picking up "The Calf" when it's available.  I am thankful the band is still kicking, and delivering the goods musically and Message-wise.  I applaud them for staying true north.
/<
/<
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

https://www.reverbnation.com/narrowroadband

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:26 pm

My favorite by them is Hell Blade which is quite a feat for a band that's been around that long. Lyrically I almost wish they'd ease up on the Left Behind style eschatology but that's a minor complaint.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by /< Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:59 pm

Black Rider wrote:My favorite by them is Hell Blade which is quite a feat for a band that's been around that long. Lyrically I almost wish they'd ease up on the Left Behind style eschatology but that's a minor complaint.
Agreed on Hell Blade... great album!  Also agreed on the eschatology: topic expansion adds dimension (though also a minor quibble from me).
/<
/<
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by /< Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:05 pm

Black Rider, I will also say this:  "He Reigns" from The Mark has literally moved me to tears in the past.  Such an awesome praise and worship song... and delivered with Josh's majestic vocals... just wow!  I know the song is still eschatological as it's from the book of Revelation... still, what an awesome metal praise and worship song.  I guess I'm a metal wuss from having gotten all choked up.  Lol!
/<
/<
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:47 am

Yes, great song. As I get older I get choked up a lot more easily then I used to at songs like this. It's a completely different style but you like Wovenhand so you might enjoy this. They lyrics and video wreck me.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by /< Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:04 pm

Cool song and EXCELLENT video, Black Rider!
/<
/<
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:54 pm

Thumbs up
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:03 pm

So has anyone heard of a release date for the new Saint?
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:33 pm

alldatndensum wrote:So has anyone heard of a release date for the new Saint?
I'd like to know too. I think it was winter of 2018, then spring of 2019 and now here we are in the summer. Hopefully soon. I wish Rich would stop by here again sometime.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:48 pm

Last post on FB about it

Saint
May 27 at 7:33 PM · 
Well… All of the lead tracks are done. This Saturday we’ll finish up vocal tracks, then all that’s left is mixing down, mastering and printing

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:50 am

Bought4Life wrote:Last post on FB about it

Saint
May 27 at 7:33 PM · 
Well… All of the lead tracks are done. This Saturday we’ll finish up vocal tracks, then all that’s left is mixing down, mastering and printing

So, that would be a no, right?   lol!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next