The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

has anyone heard the remastered Philadelphia Search and Destroy?

5 posters

Go down

has anyone heard the remastered Philadelphia Search and Destroy? Empty has anyone heard the remastered Philadelphia Search and Destroy?

Post by graybeardheadbanger Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:23 pm

Hi--I buy tons of stuff and am trying to cut back, but I do like this release (original).  I don'tlisten often, but I could see acquiring it if the remaster was truly special.  Has anyone heard it, and what are the thoughts (preferably people not associated with selling it, but their input is welcome as well. Smile )  Thanks, graybeardheadbanger

graybeardheadbanger
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

has anyone heard the remastered Philadelphia Search and Destroy? Empty Re: has anyone heard the remastered Philadelphia Search and Destroy?

Post by Lex Metalis Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:52 pm

My review here. It's in portuguese, but u can use google translator for a better understanding...

http://metalnalata.com.br/site/philadelphia-search-and-destroy-19852019-relancamento/
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

has anyone heard the remastered Philadelphia Search and Destroy? Empty Re: has anyone heard the remastered Philadelphia Search and Destroy?

Post by Follower of Jesus Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:49 am

I didn't find the remaster that great. Frankly, the guitars sound a bit fuzzier than the original. I was disappointed with this one. If you have the original or the reissue that someone else did a few years back, then stick with them.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:23 am

I have both the first reissue and the current one.  The overall sound is pretty much the same with no major improvements.  The booklets/packaging are all that are better.  Had I realized that, I would not have ordered the new remasters.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:57 am

Angelic Warlord did a review and said the new one sounded better than the Magdalene Records version.

Here is the AW review

Full Review 

Excerpt comparing the two:

The Search & Destroy re-issue history traces to 2000 and Magdalene Records, whom re-released it alongside bonus material in the form of two new songs recorded at the time, “Please My Love” and “Kids In America”, in addition to three live tracks from the group’s performance at Cornerstone 1986.  One cannot fault the decision to use the original red tinted cover art, but liner notes to feature a yellow font over an all too bright red background are next to unreadable.

Everything improves with the January of 2019 Roxx Records CD and vinyl re-issue to Search & Destroy.  It begins with cover art, representing an upgraded, full color interpretation to the original, and liner notes, with a light yellow font over a less demanding on the eyes blue-ish to black background.  CD bonus material comes in the form of a previously unreleased song entitled “Losin’ Out”.  In terms of re-mastering, it is no contest from how the Roxx Records version improves over its Magdalene predecessor with the brighter, crisper and cleaner sound.

Last edited by Bought4Life on Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:04 am

As a side note...I despise the cover, both the original red one and the new color one. I am not a fan of that type of art. I thought it was cool when I was a teen, but nowadays I'll pass...to the point where usually I won't even listen to a band due to it (no judging others who like it, this is just MY personal tastes). 

One thing nice about the Magdalene version (and unsure if the Roxx one has it) is that it had a reversible cover. The alternate cover has a photo of the band with a gold border. That is the one I have displaying.

has anyone heard the remastered Philadelphia Search and Destroy? 71rynz10

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:17 am

While I have the deepest respect for AW, this is one time where I disagree.  I can't tell much of a difference at all and did a side by side comparison.  

But, dmy opinion and a couple of bucks will buy you a cup of joe.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by xMetalMarkx Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:50 am

I didn't hear much difference between this version & the M8 version.  I kept the new version basically because I preferred the packaging. Wink
xMetalMarkx
xMetalMarkx
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down