The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

InnerSiege - a new way of raising funds?

+4
oldschooldoom
Pro-Zak
Temple of Blood
Staybrite
8 posters

Go down

InnerSiege - a new way of raising funds? Empty InnerSiege - a new way of raising funds?

Post by Guest Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:46 pm

So the power metal band InnerSiege, who released their first album back in 2012, has a Patreon account where they are soliciting fans to become backers and contribute X amount each month towards their making their 2nd album.

Their goal is to reach at least $100 a month in giving, and then they will start giving out "rewards" based on your giving level. They also have bonus videos, music, and behind the scenes stuff for their givers.

Apparently this was started back in March 2018 and is still going today...

How do you feel about these types of fundraisers? This is definitely going beyond the normal crowdfunding type of programs.

Here are my thoughts...

1) This reminds me of the official Bloodgood "fan club" that I joined one time....where you gave $9.95 a month for exclusive behind the scenes videos and songs. When it turned out there was very few perks of being a member except for a couple of songs that they had already given away during the Kickstarter campaign, and an occasion phone video recording by Les behind the scenes at a show, I cancelled.

2) Not having an album for 6-7 years doesn't give me warm fuzzies about the next one coming out anytime soon.

3) How much does a $100 a month really help the band? Even if you go back the entire time of the program, it's what, $1200? I can't see that making much of an impact. So what is the purpose?

4) Is the purpose of this merely to keep their name out there and try to build a fan base, and the monthly contribution is simply a way of recouping some of the expenses of them handing out rewards? This makes the most sense to me....then if this IS what it is, it really should be just called a fan club.

https://www.patreon.com/innersiege

Back to top Go down

InnerSiege - a new way of raising funds? Empty Re: InnerSiege - a new way of raising funds?

Post by Guest Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:49 pm

This was my original post about the Bloodgood Backstage Pass (my username at the time had changed from Bought4life to NoOneIsHere)

https://thecmr.forumotion.com/t7812-bloodgood-backstage-pass-your-experience-and-opinion-on-the-idea?highlight=bloodgood+fan+club

Back to top Go down

InnerSiege - a new way of raising funds? Empty Re: InnerSiege - a new way of raising funds?

Post by Staybrite Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:55 pm

They actually started a Kickstarter campaign a few months back.  With the lofty goal of $6K. 
They came up a little short.  

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/innersiege/innersiege-album-2-melodic-power-metal?fbclid=IwAR1QCgArlGsXUA-mWpMLs4KK0MTdh5_KqcbWMNyBN0Ry5yw1ciBj-xqHaUQ

I hate to say it but I don't think they have a big enough fan base to raise that kind of money.  I really liked the last album, and would buy a new one.....but if they can't make the album on their own dime, than maybe they shouldn't do it.  Personally I don't think I would kick in a monthly patreon contribution for any band.  Unless they are doing a weekly podcast or something like that I don't see how they could come up with enough in the way of perks to keep me (or most people) interested.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:04 pm

Staybrite wrote:They actually started a Kickstarter campaign a few months back.  With the lofty goal of $6K. 
They came up a little short.  

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/innersiege/innersiege-album-2-melodic-power-metal?fbclid=IwAR1QCgArlGsXUA-mWpMLs4KK0MTdh5_KqcbWMNyBN0Ry5yw1ciBj-xqHaUQ

I hate to say it but I don't think they have a big enough fan base to raise that kind of money.  I really liked the last album, and would buy a new one.....but if they can't make the album on their own dime, than maybe they shouldn't do it.  Personally I don't think I would kick in a monthly patreon contribution for any band.  Unless they are doing a weekly podcast or something like that I don't see how they could come up with enough in the way of perks to keep me (or most people) interested.

Yeah, if you can't raise 6k, it might be a bad sign....

They definitely waited too long from their 1st album and lost a lot of the momentum they had built up.....I think in 2014 they get that easily...

Anyone know why such a huge delay?

Health?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:07 pm

Looking at their Kickstarter rewards, they should be thankful it failed....they were giving away all of their profits for rewards.

For a $40 pledge...
Physical CD of Album #2 
Digital Download
Live show DVD 
Full Color Autographed 8x10 Band Photo in the Album #2 theme and design

That's waaaaaay too much to give away for just $40....with the cost of the dvd, cd, photo, plus shipping....and paying Kickstarter...it would have been pointless

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:23 pm

It just seems like the trouble/cost of all this far exceeds the cost of recording most of your instruments at home in ProTools then taking it somewhere to get mixed and mastered.  Between five guys we're talking a few thousand.  If you're not putting albums out but every few years how long does it take to save that up?
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:11 pm

From the new material I heard from them this past summer at Audifeed, I sure hope they get it done!  Metal 1
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:43 am

The new album is out today!
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Staybrite, mothy and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:44 am

I thought this was dead, I'll have to check it out.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:39 am

InnerSiege - a new way of raising funds? Fvvui55
01. Calling For Violence (04:38)
02. Reborn (04:23)
03. Firewind (05:37)
04. Virtuous Iniquity (01:39)
05. Echoes Into Eternity (04:54)
06. World Of Darkness (03:57)
07. Power.Metal.Glory. (04:46)
08. Iron Lotus (04:36)
09. Stronghold (04:28)
10. Hero (04:35)
11. World On Fire (03:51)
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:58 am

I know I bought the earlier InnerSiege works, but I can't remember a single song from them off the top of my head.  Apparently they didn't make that much of an impression on me.

As for Patraeon, I feel like that is just welfare for musicians.  Oh, if you really get content that is great and you feel you get your money's worth, do what you want.  For me, it feels like the artists are wanting you to make up the income stream that they have lost due to waning popularity, obscurity due to being Christian artists, etc.  You are giving them money hopefully to get more releases, but I don't hear of a lot of people feeling like they are getting what they are paying for.

I don't like crowdfunding, but I prefer it to Patraeon.  The old fashioned pre-order is the best way for me.  There are too many ways to afford being able to record these days for a lot of artists to need the thousands they ask for.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Andreas89 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:46 am

I wound up ordering this from Amazon today. I played some samples and when I heard Reborn, I was hooked.

Their first album was ok, but I saw them live at Skull Fest in 2013 and they did a great job. 

I can honestly say I don't consider them a "Christian band". Their lyrics on the first album, if I remember, were along the lines of general spirituality or mystical warrior that you can take any number of ways (ala Dragonforce), but nothing I would consider Christian.

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:20 am

I own and love their first release. Listening on Spotify now and this one is even better then the debut. I will be picking this up very soon.
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:48 pm

I've listened to a few songs and while they're not bad, they don't stick.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Andreas89 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:41 am

I'm listening to the new album right now. It's better than the debut IMO (except for the vocals, dude sounds weaker), and there some lyrical hints at a christian worldview.
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:59 am

Andreas89 wrote:I'm listening to the new album right now. It's better than the debut IMO (except for the vocals, dude sounds weaker), and there some lyrical hints at a christian worldview.

I got the cd, and turned it off after the first 2 tracks. After hearing the whole song for Reborn, it turns out I didn't really care for that song as much as I thought I would after hearing the sample on Amazon. That song was the primary reason I gave the album a try..  Shocked

Anyway, I will go back and re-listen to the first two, as will as checking out the rest of it, and see if I change my mind.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down