The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skillet's John Cooper starts metal band - Fight The Fury - Just heard them on Christian Rock Radio...really liking it

+7
TZ75
StevenCressler
Christian Thrash Rules
deathisgain
Hardcore Christian
Black Rider
alldatndensum
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Skillet's John Cooper starts metal band - Fight The Fury - Just heard them on Christian Rock Radio...really liking it Empty Re: Skillet's John Cooper starts metal band - Fight The Fury - Just heard them on Christian Rock Radio...really liking it

Post by alldatndensum Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:22 am

Is the album out yet?  I think I would like this.  I always wanted Skillet to be more heavy like on their "Collide" album.  That album is the band at their best.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Skillet's John Cooper starts metal band - Fight The Fury - Just heard them on Christian Rock Radio...really liking it Empty Re: Skillet's John Cooper starts metal band - Fight The Fury - Just heard them on Christian Rock Radio...really liking it

Post by Guest Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:42 am

Amazon has the digital ep for $3.99

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:47 am

So he wants to sound like Slipknot now?  Very Happy
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:09 am

Bought4Life wrote:It's also on Spotify, alldat

Since it is so cheap, I just went ahead and bought the downloads.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:08 pm

alldatndensum wrote:

I listened to it on Spotify and was pretty impressed...

The only reason I didn't buy the digital EP was because he has a placeholder up for a cd of it....but looking at the digital release date maybe he isn't going to release a cd afterall...it's been several months

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:21 pm

Bought4Life wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

I listened to it on Spotify and was pretty impressed...

The only reason I didn't buy the digital EP was because he has a placeholder up for a cd of it....but looking at the digital release date maybe he isn't going to release a cd afterall...it's been several months
They released a CD and shirt pre-order when it first came out last year
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:51 pm

To me, it just sounds like Skillet, which I usually enjoy one of their songs per album.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:13 pm

I think that Fight The Fury is similar to Slipknot just cleaner vocals. They are a really good band though, Skillet but heavier.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:52 pm

Christian Thrash Rules wrote:I think that Fight The Fury is similar to Slipknot just cleaner vocals. They are a really good band though, Skillet but heavier.
Btw, have you heard their album Collide? It's by far their heaviest, but many fans don't know it due to it being pre-Comatose
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

eatbugs, Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:31 pm

I always avoided Skillet because the band name screams generic alternative rock. I wonder why they decided against Kettle?
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:17 pm

TZ75 wrote:I always avoided Skillet because the band name screams generic alternative rock. I wonder why they decided against Kettle?

They could have gone with Pressure Cooker, but stylized "PressurKookur" because Nu-Metal.
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, Pethead, TZ75, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:49 pm

Christian Thrash Rules wrote:I think that Fight The Fury is similar to Slipknot just cleaner vocals. They are a really good band though, Skillet but heavier.
Which is it? Really good band or sounds like Slipknot?
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Staybrite, Pethead, scottmitchell74 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:37 pm

MagnusPrime wrote:
TZ75 wrote:I always avoided Skillet because the band name screams generic alternative rock. I wonder why they decided against Kettle?

They could have gone with Pressure Cooker, but stylized "PressurKookur" because Nu-Metal.

If they were Kettle, the album could have been titled “Letting Off Some Steam”. 

John would change his last name to Kettle, and his bassist wife would go by Ma Kettle. The background vokills by the “Screamers” (see what I did there)? Smile

Last edited by TZ75 on Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, MagnusPrime and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:55 pm

Robert Potts on drums. Peter Pan on keyboards.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

MagnusPrime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:07 pm

Production by Frank Kitchen (everything but da sink productions)

Okay, I’m done.  lol!
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, MagnusPrime and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:20 pm

Ik you're joking, but the reason they're called Skillet is because their first album mixed the background styles of all the members like as in a skillet.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:39 am

StevenCressler wrote:
Ik you're joking, but the reason they're called Skillet is because their first album mixed the background styles of all the members like as in a skillet.

Then they should have been called Blender.

Or Blenndur.

Razz
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:50 am

MagnusPrime wrote:
StevenCressler wrote:

Or Blenndur.

Razz
They weren't any form of nu-metal back then, they were more grunge.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:06 am

StevenCressler wrote:

What are all those different styles? Can you hear all the styles? 

So one person was about R&B and another Rap, and another Metal etc… 

Maybe they had to make something up for when they were interviewed and asked what their name means.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:08 am

MagnusPrime wrote:
StevenCressler wrote:

Or Blenndur.

Razz

That makes more sense (for the mixing styles thing). 

No one thinks of a skillet for something like that.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:18 am

TZ75 wrote:
StevenCressler wrote:

What are all those different styles? Can you hear all the styles? 

So one person was about R&B and another Rap, and another Metal etc… 

Maybe they had to make something up for when they were interviewed and asked what their name means.
Idk. The first album has a strange mix of grunge, alt-metal, soft rock, and punk. I'm not sure that's the best description, it's just the best I could come up with. It's not their best, but I Can is a really good song, and Paint is pretty good to.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:46 am

Despite not being a Skillet fan, I discovered his podcast “Cooper Stuff” about a year or so ago. I like his commentary on current events.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:54 am

StevenCressler wrote:
MagnusPrime wrote:
StevenCressler wrote:

Or Blenndur.

Razz
They weren't any form of nu-metal back then, they were more grunge.
Korn debut 1994.

Skillet debut late 1996.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next