The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gorky Park - Stumbled across these guys on YouTube...had totally forgotten about them (80's hair)

3 posters

Go down

Gorky Park - Stumbled across these guys on YouTube...had totally forgotten about them (80's hair) Empty Re: Gorky Park - Stumbled across these guys on YouTube...had totally forgotten about them (80's hair)

Post by Guest Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:40 pm

Really weird to see how much their sound changed over a short number of years..lol

Back to top Go down

Gorky Park - Stumbled across these guys on YouTube...had totally forgotten about them (80's hair) Empty Re: Gorky Park - Stumbled across these guys on YouTube...had totally forgotten about them (80's hair)

Post by deathisgain Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:41 pm

I never got into them back in the day, but had this on the "Stairway to Heaven/Highway to Hell" compilation.

deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:04 pm

I had the full-length cd with the "Bang" song on it for several years back in the early 90's.  It disappeared from some reason...or maybe I just lost it in a move or something.  Would like to pick up a used copy if I can find it for a decent price.  I remember liking quite a bit of that album, but never heard anything else.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:12 pm

deathisgain wrote:I never got into them back in the day, but had this on the "Stairway to Heaven/Highway to Hell" compilation.

I was never a huge fan either, but I loved Bang and this song.

The video you posted has excerpts from them playing at the Moscow Peace Festival.

That was actually how I found out about them back then

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:17 pm

Staybrite wrote:I had the full-length cd with the "Bang" song on it for several years back in the early 90's.  It disappeared from some reason...or maybe I just lost it in a move or something.  Would like to pick up a used copy if I can find it for a decent price.  I remember liking quite a bit of that album, but never heard anything else.

Funny thing, I used to have it and don't know what happened to mine either.

I sold all of my hair band cds back in the mid 90's..but it was gone before that.

Hmm....maybe the discs were simply a disguise for a Soviet spy device, and when we weren't looking, they self destructed after collecting all the info they could....mission complete, comrade Suspect

Or maybe we're just careless...

I don't know....the Soviet spy device makes for a better conversation though

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:26 pm

Bought4Life wrote:
Staybrite wrote:I had the full-length cd with the "Bang" song on it for several years back in the early 90's.  It disappeared from some reason...or maybe I just lost it in a move or something.  Would like to pick up a used copy if I can find it for a decent price.  I remember liking quite a bit of that album, but never heard anything else.

I sold all of my hair band cds back in the mid 90's..but it was gone before that.

Hmm....maybe the discs were simply a disguise for a Soviet spy device, and when we weren't looking, they self destructed after collecting all the info they could....mission complete, comrade Suspect

I'm totally going to believe the Soviet spy device angle... it sounds a whole lot better than "Um, I lost it".
Laughing
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:10 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Bought4Life wrote:

I'm totally going to believe the Soviet spy device angle... it sounds a whole lot better than "Um, I lost it".
Laughing

Razz

Yes, yes it does

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:18 pm

I remember due to the Peace Fest too. My guess was they heard Hysteria and took that sound.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:01 pm

Black Rider wrote:I remember due to the Peace Fest too. My guess was they heard Hysteria and took that sound.

So question for you..since you remember the Peace Fest also.... 

I remember plain as day, working on a Sunday at Silo while we had this playing on a big screen with the Bose AM5 speakers blaring. At the time I was in my early 20's and worked in the Audio Department along with a couple of other early 20 somethings, and we all loved hair metal.

Yet everything I read says it was pay per view on MTV...

I don't remember us paying to watch it...

How about you?

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:05 pm

I didn't see it live, had to watch it later, but I read all about it when it happened.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down