The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Parakletos EP!

+2
Hardcore Christian
Kerrick
6 posters

Go down

New Parakletos EP! Empty New Parakletos EP!

Post by Kerrick Tue May 29, 2018 4:43 pm

Oh dang!  Finnish black metal band Parakletos is alive again and working on new material!  They released only one album back in 2004 that is quite good and then just sorta disappeared... until recently apparently.  Here's what they say on Facebook:

Greetings !
We are proud to present that we are on the final stages of a new release:
"Se Guds Lamm" Single/EP - Symphonic Unblack Metal
Tracklist:

1. Se Guds Lamm (A.D. 2018), remake of the original song from "offerlammets makt"
(translated: "Behold the lamb of God")
2. Människans Fall : Del 1 , a teaser from the upcoming 2nd album
(translated: "The fall of man - part 1")
3. A Sovereign Fortress (Antestor Cover)
The songs are mixed & mastered and the graphic material for a digipak version is also finished.
We are humbly asking for your help to make the physical version available. We don't have a label helping us with costs, but are intending on releasing it ourselves. If you feel you would like to get this release out as fast as possible, we accept donations via paypal:
Ljungeld.777@gmail.com
The costs for this is little over 1200 euros to get it done. Getting this release out also helps us in completing the second fullength album, which then will consist of 12 epic songs.
As teaser clip from the remake version of "Se Guds Lamm (A.D. 2018)" can be heard here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/giw6agsv…/SGL_%282018%29_clip.mp3…
God Bless !
/Ljungeld

The artwork looks nice too:

New Parakletos EP! Mail10

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

New Parakletos EP! Empty Re: New Parakletos EP!

Post by Hardcore Christian Tue May 29, 2018 5:09 pm

Will definitely check this out!!!!!!
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by jayhawkfan3602 Tue May 29, 2018 8:57 pm

This is awesome! I absolutely adore “Offerlammets Makt”. It is probably my favorite Symphonic BM album. Even the drum machine that was used still sounds pretty good, and was light years ahead of most other projects’ drum machines that were used c.2004.

jayhawkfan3602
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:35 pm

I just got this in the mail this weekend and am absolutely loving it.  I'm currently listening to it on repeat haha.  This EP has me completely stoked for what Ljungeld has cooking for the upcoming full-length.

Track 1 is a reworking of Se Guds Lamm from the debut album.  It takes everything great about the original and cranks it up another level.  It's fiercer, heavier, more intense, and even more majestic.  There is also an additional amount of subtleties that add to the complexity of the song which come out through repeated listens.

Track 2 is a taster of what we can expect from the upcoming full-length.  The style here picks up where the debut left off some 14 years ago though with added maturity and depth.  It's a little darker sounding, yet still maintains that intensity and majesty you'd expect from Parakletos.  Something I really enjoy about it is the variety that exists throughout the song - yet it never loses its cohesiveness.  If this is indeed any indication of what the full-length will sound like, I think we'll have another classic on our hands.

Track 3 is a cover of Antestor's song A Sovereign Fortress.  It stays true to the original without completely changing it, yet breathes new life into the old classic by adding some ferocity and cranking up the symphonic elements some - and sounds absolutely fantastic.

All three songs are very strong; no filler exists here.  I highly recommend it.  It's worth noting that the digipak is very nicely done too.  The photography/layout is gorgeous and the lyrics are included in Swedish with English translations.

Also, a special thank you to EddieShreddie for hooking me up with this EP - a signed copy (!!!) no less!  This is a special addition to my humble collection.  Thank you sir!

(Here's a picture of some funny looking guy holding the signed EP.  Cool shirt though.)

New Parakletos EP! 20181012

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by HenrikB Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:14 am

I got to play some of the new songs from the upcoming full length album at Rainbow Rock in Sweden last April, and I can't wait to hear the finished product. And I'm not even that into Black Metal Very Happy
HenrikB
HenrikB
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:44 am

Very cool!  There were some really great bands that played that festival; I wish I could've attended.

Tyrant
Tyrant

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ljungeld_83 Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:42 am

Have you seen some footage from the concert at rainbow rock 2018 ?

Not the best sound, but good video quality 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MknwkEIOjpI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIF2BYX4DU8

Some songs had to be played little slower than originally... because it was a drum machine on "Offerlammets Makt"  Rolling Eyes

A new song that will be on Part 4 of Opera Ab Aeterno:

Den Utvalde (The Chosen One)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFx85PqO-Po

It was the encore,... so the strength in my growlvoice was kind of depleted  Embarassed
Ljungeld_83
Ljungeld_83
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Christian metal Horde and Constantine like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Grindboy Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:48 am

I happened to pick this up recently.  I think it's pretty good.  In fairness I was only a "moderate fan" of Offerlammets Makt.  I do really like the Antestor cover, I thought it was one of the weaker songs from Return of the Black Death, but it sounds much better to me on here.

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down