The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

City Rockfest Tour

4 posters

Go down

City Rockfest Tour Empty City Rockfest Tour

Post by alldatndensum Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:38 pm

Tonight, I am attending the City Rockfest Tour.  This is a special tour put together by Seventh Day Slumber and is also the tool they are using to launch their new Rockfest Records.  On the tour are bands like Seventh Day Slumber, Disciple, The Protest, As We Ascend (formerly We As Human), Random Hero, Spoken, and Wolves At The Gate.  Not all of the acts will play every show, but all seven are supposed to be at the Spring Hill, TN show.  The show is free, but you won't get to see them all unless you pay for the $30 early entry price.  You get to see all seven acts and maybe get to meet a few before the doors open.

I know it isn't all metal, but several of you enjoy these bands, too.  If they come near you, you should try to go just to support Christian acts that still want to sing about Jesus with a message of hope in a dark world. 

For more info, go to:  https://www.facebook.com/CityRockFestTour/photos/rpp.1480340235603611/1678193369151629/?type=3&theater
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

City Rockfest Tour Empty Re: City Rockfest Tour

Post by Frozen Fire Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:13 pm

Thanks for this post! Tomorrow night's show is all 7 bands and 25 minutes from our house! I'll try to be there.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:20 am

If you get online and do the $30e earliy entrance, you get to take part of a Q&A time with the bands.  All the bands will hang around afterward for meet and greets as well.

Most of the bands just played 4-5 songs.  They all used the same drums to save time in changeovers between sets.  While this was Seventh Day Slumbers's show, they let Disciple headline and play last.  They did use a different set of drums that were set higher up on a riser.

All the bands were good, but I didn't care for Spoken that much with all the screamy vocals.  It makes me tired listening to them for long.  Wolves at the Gate were a mix of half singing half hardcore screams.  Needless to say, I did not buy either of these bands newest albums!

As We Ascend were great.  They were formerly known as We As Human.  Their vocalist left, so their two guitarists split singing duties.  It works

The Protest were good, too.  If you like Disciple and Skillet, then you should get The Protest.

Seventh Day Slumber were really cool, too.  They probably had the best overall sound despite Joseph Rojas mic not being loud enough.  They are now a 5 piece with two guitarists (sometimes 3 if Rojas plays).  So, more solos are forthcoming without a real style change.  Awesome!

Disciple was Disciple.  All energy and tight musicianship combined with Kevin's signature mini sermon in the middle.

All in all, it was a great night!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:34 pm

I saw the 2016 version of this tour.  There were 5 bands at the Port Huron, MI date.  I wasn't familiar with Seventh Day Slumber before that.

That's really classy of them to let Disciple headline.  I had no idea it was their tour (I had assumed it was Disciple's).  It's good marketing though since Disciple is the bigger name.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:03 pm

The manager of the tour is none other than Joseph Rojas's wife.  He is the singer and only founding member of Seventh Day Slumber.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by P86ninja Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:59 am

alldatndensum wrote:All the bands were good, but I didn't care for Spoken that much with all the screamy vocals.  It makes me tired listening to them for long.  Wolves at the Gate were a mix of half singing half hardcore screams.  Needless to say, I did not buy either of these bands newest albums!

Sorry to hear that you didn't dig Spoken.  Not sure what their setlist was, but I could see how some of their "screamier" stuff might scare you off. LOL  If you're willing to give them a second try, they do have some really great melodic songs throughout their catalog.  Here are a few of my favs from older to more recent.  I'd love to hear your thoughts.

P86ninja
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:48 pm

Went and had a great time! This is my third time in three years seeing several of these bands (Seventh Day Slumber, Disciple, Random Hero, & Spoken).

Loved Disciple! They're the reason my wife and I went. The rest aren't so much my thing. I like Wolves At The Gate best amongst the rest but this wasn't their crowd, their venue and sound issues in a high school gym didn't help.

Lot's of great messages from the stage. Joseph has a great heart for ministry and As We Ascend had some powerful things to say!
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:26 pm

P86, I like some of Spoken's more melodic stuff, but most of their stuff is more screamy/screetchy to me.  I have a couple of albums of theirs but almost never play them.

Hey, I liked 5 out of 7 bands.  That ain't bad in my book!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by P86ninja Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:04 am

alldatndensum wrote:P86, I like some of Spoken's more melodic stuff, but most of their stuff is more screamy/screetchy to me.  I have a couple of albums of theirs but almost never play them.

Hey, I liked 5 out of 7 bands.  That ain't bad in my book!

Cool! Thanks for replying alldat! It's always fun hearing people's thoughts on different bands.  Matt's vocals are definitely are dividing factor for folks.  I'll be honest, when I first heard Spoken years and years ago, the only song I really liked was Falling Further, but then one day I just found myself listening to them more and more.  

Glad to hear that you dug the majority of the bands at the show.  I took my son to his first City Rockfest last year and now we are going again in May. He loves Random Hero.  I'm most excited to see As We Ascend, since I've never seen them before.

P86ninja
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:25 am

I had never seen them before either.  I do remember them and saw them when they were still We As Human.  Their singer left and they continued with a new name.  Their two guitarists took over singing duties.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down