The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hymns of the Blackest Light, Vol.2

3 posters

Go down

Hymns of the Blackest Light, Vol.2 Empty Hymns of the Blackest Light, Vol.2

Post by exo Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:36 pm

hey folks, I know there are a couple of us other than myself and Thomas that drop by The Blackest Light forum, where we've started a bit of a tradition of releasing a comp CD featuring various bands and projects from TBL forum done in cooperation with DC Mills/Vials of Wrath, on his Fallen Oak Recording label.

I'm pleased to announce that preorders are up and a teaser video released!

12 acts running the range  from ambient/noise to death and blackmetal, limited to 125 physical copies worldwide.  Features tracks from a couple notable underground names like Nattesorg and Orationem, a new track from Vials of Wrath that will be exclusive to the comp, and my own   contribution (Stormsinger)features a ripping guest solo from Chris Sharrock of Dagon.....

If you have interest in an actual physical CD, PLEASE jump on the preorder as soon as you can, last year's 100 CD run was sold out well before the actual release date!  Digital copies will be available once the physical CD is released.

http://fallenoakrecording.bigcartel.com/product/hymns-of-the-blackest-light-vol-2

"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Hymns of the Blackest Light, Vol.2 Empty Re: Hymns of the Blackest Light, Vol.2

Post by Kerrick Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:42 pm

I saw on facebook!  Volume I is fantastic and I've been eagerly awaiting Volume II for a while.  I pre-ordered my copy right away.  Smile

p.s. very cool artwork.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:51 pm

I realize this didn’t get many bites when I posted it originally (and I wasn’t really expecting it to, the whole ambient/atmospheric/drone/noise/Black/death metal thing isn’t really where the CMR wheelhouse is at....)

But at this point there are ONLY about 15 copies of the limited edition physical release unspoken for, so anyone still interesed in having one should probably go ahead and snag one NOW.  11 tracks, full color digipak with a 4 page booklet...

http://fallenoakrecording.bigcartel.com/product/hymns-of-the-blackest-light-vol-2

If you’re interest in digital instead, that will be available once physical starts shipping on or around April 23 2018, (barring unforeseen pressin plant issues....) at this link:

https://fallenoakrecording.bandcamp.com/album/hymns-of-the-blackest-light-vol-2

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:13 pm

exo wrote:...the whole ambient/atmospheric/drone/noise/Black/death metal thing isn’t really where the CMR wheelhouse is at....

Which is too bad.  I frequent here because my tastes are diverse and there can be threads on anything from ambient/atmospheric... to The 77's to Stryper to metalcore.  I like a lot and there are fans of all of it here.

P.S. I ordered this a while ago.  Looking forward to it.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:49 am

Nice!  Dang, I don't know if my copy will arrive before I move to Idaho...  Hopefully it will because it's a long drive and it'd be nice to have something new to listen to!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:38 pm

Gonna give this one final bump because the digital release has gone live on Bandcamp.

Album can be purchased here:

https://fallenoakrecording.bandcamp.com/album/hymns-of-the-blackest-light-vol-2

All tracks are available to preview at the above link......but i’m gonna go ahead and link straight to my own contribution here:
https://fallenoakrecording.bandcamp.com/track/race-the-rising-sun-featuring-chris-sharrock

It’s really only the second piece of music i’ve ever actually gotten completed. It’s got a rough spot or two, but I’m pleased with it despite the flaws.    Chris Sharrock handled production duties, drum programming and the major solo, I handled all other guitars and bass.  If you’ve guys knew what this sounded like before I handed him the reins, you’d be absolutely AMAZED at the difference he made to this track.....please go ahead and give it a listen!

exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Tue May 15, 2018 1:13 am

Mine arrived today.  Can't wait to listen.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Wed May 16, 2018 6:24 pm

eatbugs wrote:Mine arrived today.  Can't wait to listen.

Mine did too, and I had not heard any music on it other than my own.  Glad to have taken part in the project.

exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Wed May 16, 2018 11:03 pm

I like it a lot so far (the "ambient/atmospheric/drone/noise/Black/death metal thing" is in my wheelhouse Cool), but I've only had time to listen to about half of it.  Any thoughts of doing a Stormsinger album or ep?

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down