The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Antestor: Kongsblod Re-Release!

+6
Kerrick
stevegarveyfan
elManique
mothy
Hardcore Christian
Nocturnal Servant
10 posters

Go down

Antestor: Kongsblod Re-Release! Empty Antestor: Kongsblod Re-Release!

Post by Nocturnal Servant Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:23 pm

Nordic Mission has just announced the re-relase of Antestor's "Kongsblod"! I know that this is just Return of the Black Death with a different cover and name, but this is the uncensored version with original album art and lyrics!

Antestor: Kongsblod Re-Release! FB_IMG_1518804919642

Here is the link to their Facebook post: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2024276320946259&id=102690563104854

(PS: Sorry I haven't been very active lately, I've veen very busy! I still like this forum though so don't think I'm leaving any time soon!)
Nocturnal Servant
Nocturnal Servant
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Antestor: Kongsblod Re-Release! Empty Re: Antestor: Kongsblod Re-Release!

Post by Hardcore Christian Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:36 pm

Mysterious ExGamer Dude wrote:Nordic Mission has just announced the re-relase of Antestor's "Kongsblod"! I know that this is just Return of the Black Death with a different cover and name, but this is the uncensored version with original album art and lyrics!
Haven't bought any of Antestor's early stuff

So someone enlighten me, why was it censored in the first place?
Just because of the culture there at the time? or something else?
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:12 pm

Basically the label was criticized becasue they were releasing a Christian album and they recived hatemail from satanist's for doing so.

from Wikipedia:

Afterwards, the incident has caused some debates because it is rare that a Christian black metal band gets signed to a secular label. Previously only Horde's release of Hellig Usvart in 1994 on Nuclear Blast is a similar known case.[3] In December 1998, the drummer Armoth said in an interview with the Art for the Ears webzine that they sent the CD and a short biography for Cacophonous Records and that Cacophonous Records just wanted to sign Antestor because of the music, which was exactly what the band wanted to do.[2] Some time later, in a 2000 interview with the Finnish The Christian Underground Zine issue 4, the fanzine's interviewer asked Antestor: "However, you had a record deal with Cacophonous Records (ex-Cradle of Filth, Bal-Sagoth). What kind of experiences did you get from that?" The band replied: "Pretty bad, actually. I can not say they did anything else than released the album. No money, no royalties, nothing."[5] The interviewer also asked: "Did the record company set any demands concerning your image?" Antestor replied: "Nothing like that. They just said that it is not recommendable for us to announce exactly everywhere that we are a Christian band, and they censored the words 'Lord' and 'Jesus' from our lyrics. We ourselves removed a few texts because we did not want to provoke unnecessarily."[5]

Later, some strong rumors in the metal scene claimed, that Antestor was immediately dropped after Cacophonous found out their conviction.[6] In an interview Antestor stated that their record deal with Cacophonous was still valid in 2000. They also noted that the record label did not keep contact with the band, and later Antestor began working with Endtime Productions.[5] In the 1998 interview, Svein Sander said that Cacophonous told Antestor that the label had gone bankrupt.[2] Ronny Hansen, who joined Antestor as a vocalist in 2000, questioned the "bankrupt" claim in another interview:
“ The story with Cacophonous is that they really hate the Christian scene. They want to destroy it. Antestor has not earned a single dime from their album due to the so called 'bankrupt' of Cacophonous. I don't know what Cacophonous is up to, and how they are going to get away with it... The thing about Cacophonous is that Antestor did not tell them that they are Christians. When they saw the lyrics, they realized it and edited out most of the Christianity in them. The lyrics of almost all songs of The Return Of The Black Death is edited and chopped off. I think that Cacophonous did not know until Antestor had a contract. ”
— Ronny Hansen on the Cacophonous controversy in Art for the Ears webzine, 2000.
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:30 pm

So they wrote this album, it was censored upon release, and how is The Return any different then the uncensored version? If The Return is the same album, is the only difference the art work? Or is The Return, this just re-recorded
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:32 pm

Hardcore Christian wrote:So they wrote this album, it was censored upon release, and how is The Return any different then the uncensored version? If The Return is the same album, is the only difference the art work? Or is The Return, this just re-recorded

Im not exactly sure but the lyrics as they were sung might have been changed/edited
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by elManique Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:53 am

Those skis are probably culturally-appropriate but they make the cover look like a parody to me.
elManique
elManique
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegarveyfan Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:18 pm

I really love that cover art!
stevegarveyfan
stevegarveyfan
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:05 am

Yeah the cover art is awesome!  Does anyone know the story behind it?  I believe the Norwegians were being invaded so two brave men took the king and skied to safety somewhere but I don't remember fully...

I am very curious about what was changed between this one and Return...  Is it the same recording?

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Haugtussen Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:25 am

Haugtussen
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:25 am

That's really cool!

Oh and welcome random Nordic fact man! Razz
(EDIT: I see you have been here for two years but congrats on the first post)
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Haugtussen Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:52 pm

I'll continue to be random...

Pre-orders are up:
https://www.nordicmission.net

From Facebook in answer to your question: 
"There has been done some adjustments to enhance the listening experience on LP. But otherwise it´s the same."

Haugtussen
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by 1620 Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:38 am

Also available at visionofgodrecords.com

CD

Vinyl

Preordered the vinyl, myself.

mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocturnal Servant Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:22 pm

It's also a re-release of the original Kongsblod, which was not censored. So that's different.
Nocturnal Servant
Nocturnal Servant
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Beckster13 Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:57 pm

Hey all, I agree I love this cover artwork.  I actually have a few items of this Antestor release for sale if anyone is interested:

-t-shirt (never worn) XL or XXL
-CD
-LP (this is the rare white version that sold out quickly, not the regular black version)

Everything is new/sealed.  I can send photos if you'd like.  Serious offers only please.

IM me if interested.  Thanks!

Beckster13
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by tommybombadil Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:10 pm

Beckster13, I’m interested in that Antestor XXL

tommybombadil
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down