The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The first 6 Jerusalem albums are being rereleased on CD........

+3
Black Rider
alldatndensum
Soldier777
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The first 6 Jerusalem albums are being rereleased on CD........ Empty The first 6 Jerusalem albums are being rereleased on CD........

Post by Soldier777 Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:16 pm

Retroactive Records To Re-issue First Six JERUSALEM Albums:
Press Release / It all started in 1975 when Swedish rockers, JERUSALEM launched as the very first Christian metal band in all of Europe!  The band's first album released in 1978, and by 1988 JERUSALEM had released 6 albums that had effectively placed them as Christian metal pioneers and legends.  In the mid 90's fans were elated that all the albums from the band's early years were reissued on CD… but disappointed the record label crammed two albums on each CD and did the unthinkable… left off some of the tracks from every album!  Ugh! 
Those CDs have been out-of-print for well over a decade and the CDs sell at highly collectible prices.  Well, Retroactive Records is thrilled to announce our master plan to change all that!  Boone's Overstock / Retroactive Records has agreed with the band to reissue their first six albums on CD in early 2018.  Each CD will be digitally re-mastered, and feature 12 page booklets (hopefully) with band pics and lyrics packaged in a protective jewel case!  All albums will include 100% of the original tracks and Dancing On The Head of the Serpent will include all 11 tracks that released in Europe (only 10 tracks released in the USA). 
Watch for Pre-orders Coming Soon for 2018 releases of:
JERUSALEM - Volume 1 (originally released 1978)
JERUSALEM - Volume 2 (originally released 1980)
JERUSALEM - Warrior (originally released 1982)
JERUSALEM - Can’t Stop Us Now (originally released 1983)
JERUSALEM - In His Majesty's Service (originally released 1985)
JERUSALEM - Dancing On The Head Of The Serpent (originally released 1988)
JERUSALEM online: http://www.jerusalem.se & www.facebook.com/jerusalemsweden.

I cannot wait to get these. Their first 2 albums are ok but I will definitely be getting Warrior, Can't Stop Us Now, In His Majesty's Service and Dancing on the Head of a Serpent. I had the cassette for In His Majesty's Service and I still have the cassette for Dancing on the Head of a Serpent. I have never owned their other albums. This is a real treat. some great classic rock and hard rock on these albums. Some of their music reminds me of Deep Purple, Whitesnake, Scorpions and Europe.

Last edited by Soldier777 on Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

The first 6 Jerusalem albums are being rereleased on CD........ Empty Re: The first 6 Jerusalem albums are being rereleased on CD........

Post by alldatndensum Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:26 pm

When they release these, I'll be jumping on these.  If they would release the Whiteray album at the same time, I'd give them a HUGE order!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

The first 6 Jerusalem albums are being rereleased on CD........ Empty Re: The first 6 Jerusalem albums are being rereleased on CD........

Post by Black Rider Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:43 pm

That's cool, i'll probably pick up Warrior on of those.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:21 am

I only want those.  LOL
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:49 am

Black Rider wrote:That's cool, i'll probably pick up Warrior on of those.
Why, is that their "best" album in some way?
Just curious, I sometimes like to pick up classic (prog) rock/metal albums, but I haven't done that yet with christian bands; their old CDs tend to be too expensive compared to the 5 euros classic albums from the 70s and 80s. But maybe I should change policy.
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyx74 Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:53 am

Andreas89 wrote:
Just curious, I sometimes like to pick up classic (prog) rock/metal albums, but I haven't done that yet with christian bands; their old CDs tend to be too expensive compared to the 5 euros classic albums from the 70s and 80s. But maybe I should change policy.

Not really sure, but many of 'us' believe so. Smile
Probably because all the songs have that 'Jerusalem' feeling we really like, without becoming 'cheesy', like some of the other albums. (Except IHMS, which also rocks)
That's just my humble opinion, it's all about taste of course, Wink Godspeed
Nyx74
Nyx74
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:52 am

Warrior has a classic 70s sound and they put their songwriting together on that album. The three after that have some good songs but I doubt I can afford to get them.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:10 pm

Nyx74 wrote:
Andreas89 wrote:

Not really sure, but many of 'us' believe so. Smile
Probably because all the songs have that 'Jerusalem' feeling we really like, without becoming 'cheesy', like some of the other albums. (Except IHMS, which also rocks)
That's just my humble opinion, it's all about taste of course, Wink Godspeed
Well, that sort of does it; the general opinion isn't conclusive, but indicative nonetheless.
And read my personal title; I am not put off by cheese (as sadly, lots of our metallic country(wo)men are). As a good fellow Dutchie, you should know that cheese is good for the soul. Gallop! king
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:18 am

I might skip "In His Majesty's Service" after all.  Isn't that one a live album?  If it is a live album of all new songs, then I'd scoop it up.  I am betting it is just what they have recorded before, though.  I will wait about deciding on to get it when they release.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:43 am

The more I think about this the more I am fully on board with getting all 6 albums. Back in 1985 when I first got into christian rock/hard rock and metal I got into Petra, Stryper, Daniel Band, Rez Band and Jerusalem. I had the In His Majesty's Service and Volume 2 on cassette. I still have In Hie Majesty's Service on cassette which is a good album. I'm not into their first 2 albums, Volume 1 and 2 as much but I will get these anyway where there will be a limited run of a few hundred or a thousand and when they are all sold out you will see prices sky rocket on after market vendor sites like ebay, especially if they are still sealed.

alldatndensum, the track breakdown for In His Majesty's Service is:

In His Majesty's Service (previously unreleased track)
From the Bottom of Our Heart (previously unreleased track)
I'm Waiting For You (from Can't Stop Us Now)
Read Between The Lines  (from Can't Stop Us Now)
The Tide (previously unreleased track)
Ashes in Our Hands (from Warrior)
Can't Stop Us Now  (from Can't Stop Us Now)
Time (previously unreleased track)
Man of the World (from Warrior)

There are 4 previously unreleased tracks on this album. There are som good songs in this album like In His Majesty's Service, Ashes in Our Hands and Can't Stop Us Now. I find that live albums don't usually get reissued from place slike Roxx Productions, RetroActive Records so I was surprised to find out the will be doing In His Majesty's Service. I hope some day they will do Bootleg by Rez Band. This is the only one that is misisng form my collection. I wish Jerusalem's latter albums were easier to find. Prophet and She are somewhat common. RAD and Those were the days are harder to find (hopefully they will reissue these 2 as well). I don't have any of Jerusalem's more recent albums released after In His Majesty's Service but i have been listening to them on youtube. Over all their 1981-1988 is the period of their music that I like the best.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:57 am

I think I will still pass.  I was never a big fan of live albums anyway.  For 4 songs, I just think it wouldn't be worth it.  I will grab the other five, though.  I wish they'd release these and the new reissue of Whiteray all at the same time.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:57 am

Some of the songs are on Youtube and sound really good.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Livna Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:54 pm

I have the reissue of Vol 1&2 from a few years ago but it’s in Swedish
Livna
Livna
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:26 pm

I heard some of the new songs on youtube. It really sounds amazing. I could never get into this band due to the poor production, but now we have a really good sound quality.

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:27 pm

We do and it's really brings the songs to life.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Tue May 01, 2018 4:25 am

The preorder page for these albums is up now through Boone's Overstock.  I ordered everything but the live album.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 01, 2018 5:41 am

Which album would you guys recommend to get first?
I am thinking about getting Storm and the live album.

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Tue May 01, 2018 9:50 am

I would suggest Warrior and Dancing On the Head of the Servant.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 04, 2018 2:47 am

When I said storm, please read Warrior. I will go for these two.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Fri May 04, 2018 5:11 am

Andreas89 wrote:

...Zeppelin man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Fri May 04, 2018 5:22 pm

I'm going to order all 6 albums and the Guardian Whitecross Revival CD. I may order the Jerusalem shirt too.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:51 pm

Did anyone order any of the first 6 Jerusalem albums:

The 6 CDs came in the mail on Tuesday. The artwork and booklets are really nice. I'm mostly familiar with Volume 2, In His Majesty's Service and Dancing On The Head Of The Serpent where I had these on cassette. I only currently have Dancing On The Head Of The Serpent on cassette. Jerusalem, Petra, Daniel Band, Rez Band and Stryper were the first rock/hard rock bands I got into back in 1985. I went to the local book store and wanted to buy a cassette on a cold winter's night and the manager recommented In His Majesty's Service.

It's great to have these classics on CD. Hopefully if these sell well Matt Hunt of Boones Overstock could work out another deal with Jerusalem and remaster the compilation album 10 Years Later, Prophet, Those Were the Days, RAD and She.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:37 pm

Soldier777 wrote:Did anyone order any of the first 6 Jerusalem albums:

The 6 CDs came in the mail on Tuesday. The artwork and booklets are really nice. I'm mostly familiar with Volume 2, In His Majesty's Service and Dancing On The Head Of The Serpent where I had these on cassette. I only currently have Dancing On The Head Of The Serpent on cassette. Jerusalem, Petra, Daniel Band, Rez Band and Stryper were the first rock/hard rock bands I got into back in 1985. I went to the local book store and wanted to buy a cassette on a cold winter's night and the manager recommented In His Majesty's Service.

It's great to have these classics on CD. Hopefully if these sell well Matt Hunt of Boones Overstock could work out another deal with Jerusalem and remaster the compilation album 10 Years Later, Prophet, Those Were the Days, RAD and She.

I picked up the remasters of Vol 1, Warrior, In His Majesty's Service, and Dancing on the Head of the Serpent last month. I have an order coming from Retroactive this week that will give me Vol 2 and Can't Stop Us Now.

I already have 10 Years After.

The remasters are fantastic. I especially like having both versions of Serpent.

I don't think I would get the releases after Can't Stop Us Now...as their style changed too much for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:12 pm

It really did though there are a couple really good songs on Prophet.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:40 am

Black Rider wrote:It really did though there are a couple really good songs on Prophet.

It's been a while...a long while...since I heard Prophet. Maybe I'll give it another spin. "She" had a couple of good songs too, but still just so different that I couldn't get into them. 

It's one of those things that, if they were a new band, maybe I would like it more. But being Jerusalem, there is a certain expectation I have of them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next